Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Underachieving

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Underachieving

I know we're all pumped about being 2-1 and the packers being 1-2. We're all happy about beating the bears. However, I can't say that I am.

I don't understand the recent injury pleague around the league and here in Minnesota especially. Something needs to be done about this, I don't know what, more conditioning, better warm-ups before games, whatever. This is agetting ridiculous.

Winning is great. Don't get me wrong. But this team is so much better than to barely beat the bears, and way too good to only put up 27 points against them. Now Daunte Culpepper played against me in fantasy football this week, and I think I saw a major flaw. His touchdown passes were for 2 and 3 yards. On Moss's 5 TD receptions, he hasn't even gained 20 yards. I think this is the dumbest thing in the world. I only got to listen to about 30 miinutes of the game during my break at work, but we stalled in the Redzone again. This is unacceptable. Morten Anderson shouldn't be getting 3 FG attempts a game. We're too good for that. Again, I don't like Linehan and his play calling. We won, so I'm sure this hole post isn't going to fly well (especially with that guy who was amd because no one responded to his post after 20 views) but, we can do much better than 27 points.

Ted Cottrell. I like the guy, he seems like a heck of a coach, but I want George O'learly back. Where is our ball-hawking secondary? Have we intercepted a pass yet? Where is the pass-rush? This is insane. Kevin Williams is the man, Udeze is awesome, Hovan is the glue that makes these guy look as good as they do, but to only come away with 2 sacks against the bears? C'mon now? I'm not liking the defensive play calling either. We've got speed, lets use it to generate a pass-rush! And please don't leave guys open in teh middle of the field with no one within 10 yards. We've got too really good Conerbacks in Brian Williams and Antoine Winfield, I think we can take some one-on-one chances!

I just think this team is a lot better than what we;ve shown the first 3 weeks, and someone needs to realize this during the bye-week.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

Underachieving

BLah blah blah. We won the game man. You ever played football before? I have and it aint that easy to just blow people out.

Del Rio Guest

Underachieving

I've played football too, and it aint easy to blow people out. But
    A) he has a point
    B) your 3A football team doesn't count

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

He's right we have some serious issues lets get real the way we have played the past three games the seahawks would f*ckin kill us. We have got to stop playing stupid ball, we need to run stunts on pass rushing situations, we need to quit playing soft coverage. We need Moe on the goaline situations, we need to be physical like last year. We need to pound the ball on the goal line instead of bein finese. We need better play calling in the red zone its horrible i dont agree with most of it. If we could get the redzone offense on a role watch out. The pass rush has been pretty good the last two games but i have noticed evertime we blitz it never works out someone (a TE or RB) is wide open we need to work on the safties covering those guys. Like vikeman said we have two good CB's we have to take chances and let them play one on one.

I agree with vikeman. Guys even though it is hard to blow out a team it, we still should, look at all the missed red zone oportunities its crazy.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

I agree that it is hard to blow teams out in today's NFL, but for the Vikings to have such a hard time scoring once they get in the red zone is pathetic. A team can get all the yardage it wants, but if they don't score or they just kick field goals, they will usually lose. The Vikings must score touchdowns or they will not make it far this season.

BTW, the same problem is plaguing the Redskins tonight on MNF. F*CKIN" COWGIRLS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Underachieving

"vikingstw" wrote:
    He's right we have some serious issues lets get real the way we have played the past three games the seahawks would f*ckin kill us. We have got to stop playing stupid ball, we need to run stunts on pass rushing situations, we need to quit playing soft coverage. We need Moe on the goaline situations, we need to be physical like last year. We need to pound the ball on the goal line instead of bein finese. We need better play calling in the red zone its horrible i dont agree with most of it. If we could get the redzone offense on a role watch out. The pass rush has been pretty good the last two games but i have noticed evertime we blitz it never works out someone (a TE or RB) is wide open we need to work on the safties covering those guys. Like vikeman said we have two good CB's we have to take chances and let them play one on one.

I agree with vikeman. Guys even though it is hard to blow out a team it, we still should, look at all the missed red zone oportunities its crazy.
    yeah the seahawks combian records of teams they beat

2-7
    saints 2-1
    bucs 0-3
    49ers 0-3

they would have been smoked by the eagles. so lets not start talking about them like there great
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

Yeah but there kickin the sh*t out of the teams there suposed to, which lately we havnt, remeber last year we lost to the four worst teams in the league. The seahawks are in the top three in the NFC, they are playing sound football, i dont care who they are playin its hard to shut out a team and they did. The saints arn't a pushover and they whipped the saints ass in new orleans. Therse guys are playin samrt football. Great on Offense and Great on D.

Bottom line they are winning against the teams they are supposed, by alot.

Underachieving

The 'Hawks are a good example of a team that is doing what they are supposed to do. If the Vikes would just beat the teams that they are supposed to they will make the playoffs. Of course, beating teams like the Iggles puts them in an elite class of the NFL. I would settle for 12-4, winning the division and heading into the playoffs strong (after having beaten all of the easy teams on the schedule and maybe one or two better ones). If the Vikes can peak at the right time (the end of the season), the early games like the Iggles game will be a distant memory.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Underachieving

last year the vikings started 6-0

playoff teams

green bay and denver we were beating the weak teams then too

i said it for vikings last year too

i wanna see em beat a good team
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Underachieving

So do I, pudge, so do I. But losing to crappy teams last year like we did at the end of the season put us in the position that we were in, out of the playoffs. You gotta get there (the playoffs) before you can win the Super Bowl (the only goal in my mind). Let's get to the playoffs first, then we can beat a bunch of good teams on the way to winning the Super Bowl. I'll take the Vikes undefeated the rest of the way, but realistically they will probably lose a few more along the way. Better that it be to good teams than giving away wins to team that are inferior to the Vikes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast