Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Under the knife.....

I see where Brian Russell had surgery to repair a sports hernia on one side-----had the beginnings of another on the other side. Played with it the whole season (though, not as bad as Birks).

Hopefully, that will answer some questions. If he comes back 100%, maybe we will see him return to form.

Norm Chow as Tennessee OC? Oh man, would have liked to see him with the Vikings.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Under the knife.....

He is good. Being an NC state fan I have seen chow at work. He is one of the best in the game and it would have been great to have him rather than loney.

I think we need no help at safety and that Russell is a good player regardless of the injury. He gets burned a lot but that can be expected from any DB or Safety in the NFL.

chennegar is offline Rookie

Under the knife.....

I think alot of people would have been more pleased with his season if he had managed to hang-on to some of the balls that he put on the deck this year. From the few games I saw, he dropped alot of INT's at the worst possible time to do so, which does not exactly bolster anyone's opinion of his performance.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Under the knife.....

but in the previous season hes proven what he can do. you dont accidentally have a good season in the nfl.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Under the knife.....

"DaScRuM" wrote:

Norm Chow as Tennessee OC? Oh man, would have liked to see him with the Vikings.
    It might be a blessing in disguise...if/when Tice gets fired, we can scoop up Norm as Head Coach...I think that he is up to the job!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Under the knife.....

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DaScRuM" wrote:

It might be a blessing in disguise...if/when Tice gets fired, we can scoop up Norm as Head Coach...I think that he is up to the job!
    That would be sweet!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Under the knife.....

The clock is ticking. I hope a new owner emerges soon from the fog or the Vikes will be left out.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Under the knife.....

"vikes09" wrote:
    but in the previous season hes proven what he can do. you dont accidentally have a good season in the nfl.
    You don't? Since when?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Under the knife.....

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    You don't? Since when?
    Gotta go with the Stallion on this one. I've seen too many one-year-wonders to think that you can't "accidentally" have a good season. Look at our very own Chris Hovan. One great year, then "PLOP".

Russell played the '03 season at an elite level...he didn't in '04. '05 will be the year we see if he's the real deal, or another flash-in-the-pan. I'm perfectly willing to give him that shot, and hope for the best.

Caine

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Under the knife.....

well, i think sometin is effecting hovan in someway. obviously there are players that have breakout year bc of motivational purposes. hes been on the practice squad (russell) and finally got his chance to start. then he tries so hard. then when he has noone to challenge his lofty position then hes not as motivated to play. maybe some family or other issues are infecting hovans motivation to play. he just doesnt look like the old hovan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast