Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Unconventional Defensive Schemes

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Thats what HEnderson often plays when they go into their Tampa-2.
    MLB will drop back almost to safety level sometimes untill it almost turns into a cover 3
    In the Singer 2 defense that is not the case. In that particular formation, both K-Will & P-Wiil are too take their respective guys down low &/or force them to the outside. As that happens, EJ come in with a LB blitz & takes the QB down for a sack if it's a pass or the RB down for the loss if it's a run.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

we'll have to forward that to Fraizer, mabye' he'll take it into consideration

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm reposting this because I don't think anyone saw it and I'd like some feedback.

"V" wrote:
    I don't see how taking away a DE and adding a LB improves our pass rush. In the end, you are bringing the same amount of rushers, against the same amount of blockers. Also, The Ravens Defense is a prevent Defense. They don't generate rush, but thier coverage is so good that it works. To improve pass rush on any down, I propose the following.

Williams

Sharper
    Winfield

Griffin

Henderson

Greenway

Groves

Robison

KWill

PWill

Edwards

This allows you to maintain a solid run defense and sport many pass defense packages. You could play Groves standing up or in a 3-point stance, and drop him into coverage either way, switching you into a conventional Cover 2. Blitzing LBs is ok because you still have 4 DBs in coverage. You have to like Henderson's chance of generating pressure here. If they try to double either of the Williamses, we have 3 pass rushers who can take advantage of that.

I think the formation is beatable with a good TE/Slot receiver, but that was a problem last year anyways.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    I'm reposting this because I don't think anyone saw it and I'd like some feedback.

"V" wrote:
    I don't see how taking away a DE and adding a LB improves our pass rush. In the end, you are bringing the same amount of rushers, against the same amount of blockers. Also, The Ravens Defense is a prevent Defense. They don't generate rush, but thier coverage is so good that it works. To improve pass rush on any down, I propose the following.

Williams

Sharper
    Winfield

Griffin

Henderson

Greenway

Groves

Robison

KWill

PWill

Edwards

This allows you to maintain a solid run defense and sport many pass defense packages. You could play Groves standing up or in a 3-point stance, and drop him into coverage either way, switching you into a conventional Cover 2. Blitzing LBs is ok because you still have 4 DBs in coverage. You have to like Henderson's chance of generating pressure here. If they try to double either of the Williamses, we have 3 pass rushers who can take advantage of that.

I think the formation is beatable with a good TE/Slot receiver, but that was a problem last year anyways.
    Depends on what the offense has on the field.

Not sure how you think it would be tough against the run and the pass.
    I would assume they would just audible out and run a draw right at Edwards outside shoulder.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Seems, to some extent, we're saying the same thing differently.
    The whole idea is to keep the offense guessing.
    Whether its with a LB creeping up to the line and then dropping back, or a DE dropping back, and a LB rushing from the other side its pretty interchangable.
    My original idea was that 2 of the 5 LBs would be rushing the passer, and that which 2 rushed on any given down was the surprise...its about equal to blitzing a S, cuz that is who is out, and it brings the total rushers to 5, but I feel a LB has a better chance of getting by a blocker at the line.

With our S in Tampa2 and our CBs on coverage, the middle looks wide open with all those guys on the DL.
    As for vs. the run, the first thing I saw was right up the gut.
    If they run a draw and our 2 LBs attack, the RB just has to shake and bake through the line and we're F'd.
    Granted, folks don't often get past the Williams, but sometimes, they do get blocked.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456