Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: uhhh

  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: uhhh

    "GQVikesfan" wrote:
    I think this is a great site! People who get slammed in this site are people who dont know how to follow rules. Its simple rules guys.. you follow it, you'll have a great time here. Plus, what other site has a member who tackled and knows Andre Dyson (Del Rio)? And what other site has a member doing Napo Harris's site and knows alot of athletes (Jackyl)? This place is my second home.. and I'm glad to be here to share my love for the Vikings with the rest of you. :salute:
    Hey, I tackled Dalton Hilliard (ex-RB for the Saints) in high school...where's the love for me??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    GQVikesfan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    260

    Re: uhhh

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "GQVikesfan" wrote:
    I think this is a great site! People who get slammed in this site are people who dont know how to follow rules. Its simple rules guys.. you follow it, you'll have a great time here. Plus, what other site has a member who tackled and knows Andre Dyson (Del Rio)? And what other site has a member doing Napo Harris's site and knows alot of athletes (Jackyl)? This place is my second home.. and I'm glad to be here to share my love for the Vikings with the rest of you. :salute:
    Hey, I tackled Dalton Hilliard (ex-RB for the Saints) in high school...where's the love for me??? :lol:
    See and this site even has Cajunvike, who by the way tackled Dalton Hilliard (ex-RB for the Saints). :thumbleft:
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

  3. #23
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: uhhh

    "IBleedPurple11" wrote:
    im not trying to osund like a dick or anything but u guys always say dont lurk....and to post all the time...but everytime someone posts something u guys beeyatch about it being in the wrong forum or off topic...or the topic being brought up again....stop being so uptight and let people post, and people will do it more
    Yes, we encourage people to post. It seems to or insinuating starting new topics as opposed to adding content to already existing threads.

    Nobody is being uptight. Yes, there are members that will be quick to jump on somebody for this, and it can get annoying if the same person does jump members.

    We always encourage members to post if the topic is not being discussed. Post something unique or a new idea. Del Rio hit the nail on the head.

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: uhhh

    "Vikes2005" wrote:
    sorry, but I have to disagree with this comment vehemently....

    This is probably one of the worst boards on the net for accepting new people (2nd only to KFAN who has to repeatedly welcome every new member with: GFY FNG!)

    And it is by far THE worst at tolerating poster mistakes, such as an accidental double post or putting a topic in the wrong place...

    I'm sure that by your post count, you are a long timer here, and obviously have a biased about this place, so I don't expect you to understand, but I think the newcomers see it, hence this thread.

    The fact is, there are much better places for Viking fans to post. Places that have solid content, and good moderation, without having to rip on everybody.
    Places that just go ahead and move the topic and not say anything about it when it gets put in the wrong place.
    You are only referring to a small percentage of posts. 98% of new topics are legit. And, most of the duplicate posts are made by the same people.

    Webby has created this haven for us Viking's and NFL fans to enjoy. He has created guidelines, not for his own control, but to make this site very efficient a enjoyable for the members. If anybody does not agree with these guidelines feel free to seek an alternative website.

    You know 12 people that have been banned? So, you are in good company with disrespectful forum members? I would be willing to bet that any respecting member of PP.O would have banned these people if it was up to them.

  5. #25
    sabatajh is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    WBL MN
    Posts
    114

    Re: uhhh

    Ive been posting here for about 1 month now. Del rio will tell you me and him have had our disagreements in the past hell he quotes what i said to him in his sig. But its never went past the topic and once the topic changes so does everything else. The reason people get bitched at for duplicate post is simple they are impatient want an imediate answer so rather that looking through past post they immediatley post a new one. Ive never had a problem with any of the guys on the board. And if this place is the basment dweller. Why do you feel overwhelmed tryin to read past content to get caught up if you dont long on for a day.

    so here is some easy rules from someone outside the clique lol


    1 if the topic is about the draft dont make a post about something undraft related unless its relavant.

    Since we deal with people of all intelegence here i will use an example.

    Dont start a thread in the draft/offseason forum about how much you hate red because this belongs in the general discussion forum..

    I mean seriously threads like this is what pisses people off if you feel untreated LEAVE. ]


    Hell if i go to burger king and get a bad sandwich next time ill go to Mcdonalds i aint gonna sit in the lobby and bitch about the sesamee seeds


    GET REAL

  6. #26
    IdahoViking's Avatar
    IdahoViking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    99

    Re: uhhh

    My mama told me if you got something to say then say it. That's what I do. I don't feel that I have to reply on everything that is said because half the time somebody has already said it. No need for repitition.

    But never be afradi to post because someone may get mad. That's one of the problems with this country

    Were to senitive!
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

  7. #27
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: uhhh

    Those who b*tch about this wonderful site and say they don't like it here, can do the easy thing and go to all these "suposidly" better viking sites you say are out there. If there were these better vikings sites, you wouldn't be here whineing.

    It's pretty easy, read the rules and follow them. I have been on this board for a long time, and have posted in the wrong place before, and I get the same treatment the newbies get. I apologize for the mistake and learn from it, so I don't so it again. The idiots that have been kicked off, are the ones who seem to break the rules over and over again.

    If you break the rules, you will be told about it. You are told about it, so you learn the proper way to post.

    Again, if you don't like it, go somewhere else. Otherwise be an adult and learn to take some criticism. Rules are rules for a reason. Learn to follow them.

  8. #28
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: uhhh

    "IdahoViking" wrote:
    My mama told me if you got something to say then say it. That's what I do. I don't feel that I have to reply on everything that is said because half the time somebody has already said it. No need for repitition.

    But never be afradi to post because someone may get mad. That's one of the problems with this country

    Were to senitive!


    Exactly. Never be afraid to speak your mind and say whats in your head. I think everyone on here knows I a not afraid to voice my opinion on pretty much everything. If others disagree with me, thats fine. I will try and prove my point and say why I think the way I do. If they still disagree with me, then we leave it at that. It is just fun football talk and some people take it to seriously. I hope no one gets mad at me, because that is NEVER my intension and I never get mad at anyone else. It's just all in good fun for me, unless someone goes over the line(which hasn't happen to me yet).

  9. #29
    jackyl's Avatar
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,662

    Re: uhhh

    New members are more than welcome here and encouraged to join in! Follow the rules which are basic and not too far out there and there should never be a conflict. If you have problems or an issue with a member, PM a mod and we'll try and take care of it ASAP.

  10. #30
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: uhhh

    As I have noted elsewhere, we ask that members not jump on each other about such things....mods will handle and give gentle reminders here and there. Enjoy posting, enjoy disagreeing, enjoy the best forum out there.

    I think you will find the common thread through every reminder or issue: respect. That's it.

    I would find it funny to go to a board in which an admin shows his maturity by spamming other boards. He cares not for his members when he's willing to do it to others...guess what'll happen when he has more than 5 members?

    We've never done it, never will. You get what you put in, and if you act with integrity, you will find other people with integrity will join you. That's what we have here...a lot of great members. So let's all enjoy, an dif i msspell a damnde word man iss alwright. I try mosta da time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •