Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Uh oh.. Are we still confident.

Sure we were looking good a few weeks ago, but look now:

-tank williams injured
    -koren robinson gone
    -greeneway hurt

i'm sure there's more negative stuff.. but its making me sweat a LOT!
    i m better than you, so just give up...

boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: Uh oh.. Are we still confident.

"Potus2028" wrote:

-tank williams injured
    -koren robinson gone
    -greeneway hurt

Well towel yourself off; we'll be fine. They are actually performing better on the field than I expected them to, in preseason.
    I am a dipshit!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I think we've been doing ok with some of those key guys injured. Granted it's only preseason, but we'll be ok!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

heavyhitta is offline Waterboy

confidence shot....Pepp balling out in Miami, Nate doing good in seattle, Chad done for, Left K-rob hanging before he was convicted of any wrongdoing....traded hank for billy(lol) what else are the new brains zygi and brad gonna screw up next...they prob gonna trade D smith bc of what he did and bench whoever gets a parking ticket idiots...hell yea im sweating!!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Tank and Greenway were backups anyways, so that doesnt hurt confidence nearly as much as losing a starter..k rob needed to go if this was the way he was going to behave, and it proves he never shouldve been a part of this team in the first place..the guy was a great returner, but i never believed he was anywhere near good enough to be a #1, plus his hands arent good enough for catching the short, sharply thrown passes..bring in deion branch, and we will instantly forget about the drunk idiot
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"heavyhitta" wrote:
    confidence shot....Pepp balling out in Miami, Nate doing good in seattle, Chad done for, Left K-rob hanging before he was convicted of any wrongdoing....traded hank for billy(lol) what else are the new brains zygi and brad gonna screw up next...they prob gonna trade D smith bc of what he did and bench whoever gets a parking ticket idiots...hell yea im sweating!!!!
    how are the things i bolded zygi and brads fault? how is it a screw up on behalf of the coaching staff when daunte forces his way out, nate gets a 45 million dollar deal he doesnt come close to deserving from a team we just stole the leagues best guard away from, chad gets injured playing where he would be playing all season long, and k-rob violates his parole in Washington, and faces a 1 year suspension from the NFL..the baskett trade is their fault, but everything else listed isnt their fault..what do u expect us to do with krob? pay him 12.4 million bucks to not play an entire year? you cut him now, and that leaves time to fill the void while there are still some good WRs out there openly available..d smith clearly wont be dealt because the guy doesnt have a clause in his contract stating that he wont get paid if he screws up..those final comments in ur post are just a little too far out there
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm still confident we're gonna do good.
    That "D" of ours is awesome. Smith says we should be the #1 D in the NFL -- Never heard anyone say that before. Of course then he goes right out and gets arrested.
    :
    But here's the other thing...I am a bit worried about our running attack. They haven't shown me much in the pre-season but then I think back to all the times Childress has used the word "Vanilla." He hasn't shown ANYONE what this offense can really do. And he won't until the season begins. If that's the case I'm expecting some better things. I haven't seen pulling centers yet and things like that. We may be in for a real surprise with our running attack once some chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry is put atop the vanilla ice cream.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I'm more confident than I was at the start of pre-season, the defense is looking very impressive. OK we have lost the high powered offence, but what did we win when we had it? It's a cliche but defences win you championships and whilst we may not get as far as that I don't think there is to much too worry about just yet.

Injuries happen to every team, fair enough losing Tank is a bummer but Greenway probably wasn't going to be an automatic starter anyway. As for K-Rob it's better that it's happened now than in the middle of the season, at least we can switch things around whilst we have the time.

Just remember what the Bears did last year with no offence and a good D, the same could be said for the Ravens and the Bucs when they won the SB, and who was QB at Tampa that year?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Potus2028" wrote:

-tank williams injured
    -koren robinson gone
    -greeneway hurt

You have to look at the positive's of this matter..

-Tank Williams is now replaced by Dwight Smith who has won a SB in this system, and is very familiar with our DC Mike Tomlin..

-Koren Robinson will be missed, but if we end up getting Deion Branch, all will be fine.. If not, we still have talented WR's that can get the job done..

-Chad Greenway was not going to be a starter anyways.. We will have to make a move to add depth to our LB's, but the way I look at it is that we lost a backup for the season, not a starter..

Have faith man, and all will be fine..

ah Smith was just having sex in a stairwell..that is nowhere near as bad as driving 105 mph while ur drunk, while also running from the cops at the same time..i wouldnt even worry about the smith incident, he wont miss any regular season games or anything like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast