Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    They're purple.



    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.

    =Z=
    I agree with that being extreme paranoia
    though.
    But they are purple.
    They're like the Vikings jerseys how you see them on TV when they look blueish.
    I figure they designed it for the Ravens, who will move overnight to LA just like the last NFL team from Baltimore

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    They're purple.




    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.

    =Z=
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    If a team committed to moving to Los Angeles, “we could begin construction in the final quarter of this year and have it ready for play for the first exhibition game in 2011,” Semcken said.
    When is the dome lease up, 2010?

    They can be ready in 2011. LOL!

    Then again, that is not funny considering that MN should start building soon to get done for the year after the lease runs out.
    Besides, Steel is going to get more and more expensive.
    Can't build it out of paper.

  4. #24
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "SKOL" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Los Angeles Jaguars..

    From what ive read and heard, the Jacksonville Jaguars is the closest team to relocating.
    Buffalo can't be far behind.
    I read that ticket demand in Toronto for some upcoming Bills games has exceeded 100,000 per game.
    Wilson knows what he is doing.
    He said it is to show the Canadians props for supporting his team, but when he can prove they would support his team better, they will be playing a token game in Buffalo instead of playing a few token games in Toronto.



    So will Wilf play a token game in MN every year?

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    They're purple.




    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Good Lord, Marty.
    So - in your world, this model was done with purple seats on purpose since their target team is the Vikings.
    What happens if the Vikings don't move?
    Are they screwed?
    Or will they force their new team to wear purple?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    They're purple.



    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Good Lord, Marty.
    So - in your world, this model was done with purple seats on purpose since their target team is the Vikings.
    What happens if the Vikings don't move?
    Are they screwed?
    Or will they force their new team to wear purple?

    =Z=
    The power of suggestion!
    It isn't as far fetched as one would think.
    It probably isn't as elaborate either.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    They're purple.




    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Good Lord, Marty.
    So - in your world, this model was done with purple seats on purpose since their target team is the Vikings.
    What happens if the Vikings don't move?
    Are they screwed?
    Or will they force their new team to wear purple?

    =Z=
    In my world I look at it from both perspectives my friend and I refuse to put my head in the sand and ignore the possibility that the team might in fact be in the first stages of being snatched away by another area.


    Seems to me (of late) that quite a few Minnesotans and thier elected officials are taking the stance that the NFL won't move the Vikes when in fact there could be other states working the process right now in an effort to target/attract a team that the NFL and the teams Ownership feel that they have no other recourse than to move the team because of venue issues.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    They're purple.



    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Good Lord, Marty.
    So - in your world, this model was done with purple seats on purpose since their target team is the Vikings.
    What happens if the Vikings don't move?
    Are they screwed?
    Or will they force their new team to wear purple?

    =Z=
    Obviously it wasn't just picked out of thin air.
    They needed to choose a color complimentary to the colors they already had, and it helps if it makes some kind of implication.
    The three teams that are candidates to move are Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Buffalo.
    So if they needed to choose between sea green, purple, and blue, of course they would choose purple.
    It looks much better.

    Very few things are done without peripheral thought when you are proposing a $1 billion project...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=44120.msg760855#msg760855 date=1208441216]
    They're purple.




    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Good Lord, Marty.
    So - in your world, this model was done with purple seats on purpose since their target team is the Vikings.
    What happens if the Vikings don't move?
    Are they screwed?
    Or will they force their new team to wear purple?

    =Z=
    Obviously it wasn't just picked out of thin air.
    They needed to choose a color complimentary to the colors they already had, and it helps if it makes some kind of implication.
    The three teams that are candidates to move are Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Buffalo.
    So if they needed to choose between sea green, purple, and blue, of course they would choose purple.
    It looks much better.

    Very few things are done without peripheral thought when you are proposing a $1 billion project...
    [/quote]
    Can't speak for all companies but the one I work for actually puts together thier prime proposal and then a few others with small/minor changes (which include color) for specific customers we are targeting.

    Again, to think that they didn't put any thought into the color scheme is crazy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44120.msg760858#msg760858 date=1208441311]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=44120.msg760855#msg760855 date=1208441216]
    They're purple.




    That is a kinda cool looking stadium though, built into the hill
    Look purple to me as well.
    I think they're a purplish blue.
    And to assume that they were colored that way to imply that the Vikings are moving is supreme paranoia.
    And to think that thier marketing dept didn't do it on purpose is also a bit off the mark.

    ;D
    Good Lord, Marty.
    So - in your world, this model was done with purple seats on purpose since their target team is the Vikings.
    What happens if the Vikings don't move?
    Are they screwed?
    Or will they force their new team to wear purple?
    Obviously it wasn't just picked out of thin air.
    They needed to choose a color complimentary to the colors they already had, and it helps if it makes some kind of implication.
    The three teams that are candidates to move are Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Buffalo.
    So if they needed to choose between sea green, purple, and blue, of course they would choose purple.
    It looks much better.

    Very few things are done without peripheral thought when you are proposing a $1 billion project...
    [/quote]

    Can't speak for all companies but the one I work for actually puts together thier prime proposal and then a few others with small/minor changes (which include color) for specific customers we are targeting.

    Again, to think that they didn't put any thought into the color scheme is crazy.
    [/quote]

    You really do veer from extreme-to-extreme, don't you, dood?
    On the one hand, Zygi's said all the right things and you support and trust him, on the other, you see some grand plot in an artist's rendering of a proposed stadium for a team they don't have.

    Purple looks nice in the night-time rendering of the stadium.
    Assuming anything else is paranoia.
    Just because you can see it happening, doesn't make it so.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings stadium plans move forward
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. LA stadium plans revealed today
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:36 PM
  3. Blaine Stadium plans not liked
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •