Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Uh oh... Roski plans LA stadium for NFL team

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "TheKnuck" wrote:
    i wish minnesota would just start the ground breaking already so i can stop worrying.
    i already don't get to watch minnesota play enough being in wisconsin, let alone if they move to CA.
    CA already has enough fraking teams anyway.
    and why the heck would we send an nfl team to canada?
    because they have fan support?
    don't think so
    hmmm lets give CA yet another NFL team and send one to Canada, wheres the logic?
    Toronto (Canada) sold out a bills pre-season game. and sold out the bills regular season games for 200 bucks a ticket. We have better fan support than Buffalo does.
    Having been to a game at Rich Stadium, I don't believe that it's local FAN support that Buffalo is lacking.
    It's the corporate love, sponsorship and dollars that are dooming the Bills.

=Z=
    Well Toronto would certainly put up more, investors would love that deal with the low American dollar, and they are doing whatever they can to get them there, and bring the NFL to Canada. We'll take whatever games they can play here and get them probably double in ticket earnings to try to sweet them into the deal. How many of those fans in Buffalo are from Canada? I know quite a few people who go to bills games regularly and some season ticket owners. I just hope it will eventually happen, not that I would root for the Bills or anything.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I find it interesting Roski can build a stadium in LA for 800 million and here in Mn it is going to cast 954 million. So much for it being cheaper here.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I find it interesting Roski can build a stadium in LA for 800 million and here in Mn it is going to cast 954 million. So much for it being cheaper here.
    No roof in LA.
    There's your answer right there.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "TheKnuck" wrote:
    i wish minnesota would just start the ground breaking already so i can stop worrying.
    i already don't get to watch minnesota play enough being in wisconsin, let alone if they move to CA.
    CA already has enough fraking teams anyway.
    and why the heck would we send an nfl team to canada?
    because they have fan support?
    don't think so
    hmmm lets give CA yet another NFL team and send one to Canada, wheres the logic?
    Toronto (Canada) sold out a bills pre-season game. and sold out the bills regular season games for 200 bucks a ticket. We have better fan support than Buffalo does.
    stick an nfl team in toronto and i guarantee they will sell out.
    There is a huge market for the nfl in toronto, more than you may think.
    we're not all eskimos living in igloos up here eh?
    cfl may have a hard time because its crap, but like someone else said, if they can sell out preseason games in toronto at $200 a pop for 3rd deck seats, they'll have no problem selling out regular season games.

Put it this way, toronto is bigger than:
    Buffalo, Foxboro, Baltimore, Cincinati, Cleveland, pittsburgh, indianapolis, Jacksonville, Nashville, Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Washington DC, detroit, green bay, minneapolis, Charlotte, New Orleans, tampa, Glendale, St. Louis,
    and seattle, yet all of those cities have NFL teams.
    That doesn't include surrounding areas, but keep in mind, i'm sure people from Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec city, an additional combined 5.4 million people would come down for games

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011