Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh

gsquiring is offline Waterboy

Uh-Oh

Williams injured the knee while backpedaling during a seven-on-seven passing drill. He did not make contact with another player, but as soon as he planted his left leg, he screamed and fell to the ground.

Tank goes down

:shock:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Uh-Oh

DAMMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Well that really really sucks. Hopefully it isn't to bad. Thank god we brought in Smith to play to. Now we still have someone that is good who can play there. Hopefully it isn't to serious though and Tank can come back.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Wow this is a huge, I really hope it isnt serious!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Tank Williams injury

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/597587.html

This is horrible news. Lets hope he didnt reinjure the same injury from 2004.

MANKATO - Vikings safety Tank Williams was carted off from the practice field Saturday at Minnesota State Mankato after appearing to suffer a left knee injury.
    During 7-on-7 drills Saturday, Williams planted his foot in the end zone, and his knee appeared to go out on him. He was not hit.

He fell, appearing to be in a lot of pain. The Vikings removed him from the field on a cart.

Williams, a 26-year-old free-agent acquisition over the offseason, tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee playing for the Tennessee Titans in a loss to the Chicago Bears in November 2004. He was signed by the Vikings as March as a potential starting strong safety, replacing Corey Chavous.

Also, rookie linebacker Chad Greenway, the Vikings' first-round draft pick from Iowa, left practice early after appearing to be shaken up.

Re: Tank Williams injury

Does not sound good. Just goes to show how important depth is, hopefully it isn't a tear (although it sounds like it is). I have a feeling Dwight Smith was going to end up starting anyways. Looks like Offord will be backing up both safety spots.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/wordsofwisejcb/Vikings/K-DUB-Sig-2.jpg[/img]
    Da** Right I'm An A$$hole, You Pu$$ys Ain't Even Half As Tight!!! - Qwel

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

A team spokesman said he has a left knee injury and he was taken in for evaluation. He had no further comment on Williams or Chad Greenway.

Williams initially injured his knee while backpedaling during seven-on-seven drills. No players were around him, and he fell and screamed upon planting with his left leg. In November 2004, Williams had knee surgery to repair his anterior cruciate ligament

jordy is offline Rookie

man, just hope its not too serious, i really want to see him start next to sharper...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

That just sucks

gsquiring is offline Waterboy

This will provide an oppty for Greg Blue to move to SS and show that he, quite possibly, may be one of the better late-round picks.

Blue hits like a freaking truck. And will make an impact, even in limited time on the field.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast