Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Udeze To Have Shoulder Surgery

He should be ready for camp. Here's the link:

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=0F63EE70-6F40-42AB-87E6-CA91C13CA14E

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

yah hope he has a speedy recovery

chennegar is offline Rookie

hopefully it fixes the problem and he'll be ready to kick a@$ next year

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

the plan is going right on schedule. im happy and am 100% positive of udezes potential next year and will be a serious threat. :shock: i forgot at times he was playing thorugh the pain.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

we had a few injury issues this year...two starters lost all year, others during year. Oh well.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Im hoping to see Udeze really pull through and make a major contribution for this team. HOpefully he'll recover in time and be the jevon kearse that a lot of people thought he would be in his rookie year.

I doubt he has anymore excuses to not do well this year and look for him to get say 8 sacks this year or is that asking too much with many stops in the backfield and qb hurries.

Hopefully the surgery wont slow him down.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i am looking forward to him...he was a good contributer this...next year once healed he will be a real threat i figure.

chennegar is offline Rookie

I look for him and K Williams to be a threat for our team for a long time.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't understand why he didn't have the surgery right after the season? I didn't read the article so someone set me straight if it exlains it.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I don't understand why he didn't have the surgery right after the season? I didn't read the article so someone set me straight if it exlains it.
    Here's an excerpt, lazy butt!

Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze will be sidelined two-to-three months following arthroscopic surgery last week on his problematic right shoulder.

An MRI performed after the Vikings’ season-ending playoff loss at Philadelphia last month confirmed a small tear in Udeze’s right rotator cuff, but ruled out the torn labrum suggested by a preliminary diagnosis.

Team doctors recommended that Udeze, who has battled soreness and occasional numbness in the shoulder since the end of his college career, undergo a scope to decompress and stabilize the shoulder. Vikings coach Mike Tice confirmed Monday the surgery was successful.

By undergoing the procedure early, Udeze could rejoin the team’s offseason workout program in early April and, barring a setback, should be 100 percent by training camp, according to head athletic trainer Chuck Barta.

However, Barta indicated Udeze may be held out of the Vikings mid-May minicamp as a precaution.

“We’ll see about that when we get there,” Barta said.

Udeze, the Vikings’ first round pick in 2004, started 15 of 16 regular-season games and recorded five sacks as a rookie, but was bothered by shoulder problems and a late-season calf injury. He was so worn down by January that fellow rookie Darrion Scott replaced him in the starting lineup for the team’s two playoff games.

Concern over the same shoulder dropped Udeze from a certain top-10 pick in last April’s draft to the Vikings at No. 20. He initially suffered a strained rotator cuff while playing with USC in December 2003, then raised red flags when he skipped a checkup at the combine last February.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast