Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Udeze has returned far ahead of schedule

I hope this kid gets a chance to play healthy. I have high hopes for him but he seems like he may be one of those guys thats cursed with injury after injury

[color=red]

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

There is no need to draft a d-lineman this year, Udeze could come back and do great. He seems to be healing fast, that may be a sign that his body is reacting well to it. We still have Scott to come in and play if he weren't up to it and then draft someone next year if needed. If we use a pick this year and then Udeze somes back strong..... we wouldn't need another DE and he would rise the pine.

Thanks Lotza!

I hope Udeze bounces back.....Fight On K.U. !!!!!!!!!!!! Your USC Trojans looked good today at the spring game......
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Natedogg is offline Training Camp

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    If Udeze can stay healthy I think he is in for a big year this season, it would be realistic to expect him to reach double digit sacks.
    Thats exactly what Ive been thinking, he's gonna be a 12 sack guy this year. We've been missing a strong outside rusher, almost every good team has one. All of the playoff teams had at least one. Johnstone could come back but if not I'd like to see us get another DE in the 4th or 5th round.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I'm not willing to predict a sack total but if healthy, he will be an unsung hero for this defense this season. Even if he doesn't get that many sacks, he can make huge contributions. The major factor of his success will be health, not just of himself but of the fat guys in the middle. If the whole unit can stay on the field, KU will have a great year.

[color=red]

PurplePridesSavior is offline Training Camp

"singersp" wrote:
    Things are really shaping up. What I find most uplifting from all the players articles I've read is their praise for the new coaches & buying into the new system.

I'm still wondering about Kluwe & his ability to return as a great punter. If his return is beyoind minicamp, will it also be beyond the start of the regular season?

Where does the 9 months put him after the injury?

He's the only punter on the roster & I would expect them to sign an interim punter. Unless they are going to call upon Sharper.

Even after he recovers, it's an unknown how well Kluwe will be able to punt the ball.
    Kluwe just tore his ACL and no other ligaments i believe so his recovery time should just be around be around 6 months, at least thats what it was orignally reported at, a max of 9 if there are complications, meaning he should be punting by june. July or August at the latest. Granted not many punters have returned to be as good as they were pre-surgery which means we will probably bring in another punter to at least at compete with him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Things are really shaping up. What I find most uplifting from all the players articles I've read is their praise for the new coaches & buying into the new system.

I'm still wondering about Kluwe & his ability to return as a great punter. If his return is beyoind minicamp, will it also be beyond the start of the regular season?

Where does the 9 months put him after the injury?

He's the only punter on the roster & I would expect them to sign an interim punter. Unless they are going to call upon Sharper.

Even after he recovers, it's an unknown how well Kluwe will be able to punt the ball.
    Kluwe just tore his ACL and no other ligaments i believe so his recovery time should just be around be around 6 months, at least thats what it was orignally reported at, a max of 9 if there are complications, meaning he should be punting by june. July or August at the latest. Granted not many punters have returned to be as good as they were pre-surgery which means we will probably bring in another punter to at least at compete with him.
    "Special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro said punter Chris Kluwe (torn right ACL) is "right on track" in his recovery. Ferraro estimated the total rehabilitation as an eight- or nine-month process, putting Kluwe's return past the start of training camp."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12