Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Udeze emerging after a sack-less '06

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Does anyone besides me, feel that if the Vikings had cut/traded every player & axed every coach & coordinator whose head was called for in various threads here during the off-season, pre-season & eary regular season, that the Dolphins would have a 1 game lead on us?
    There we go on the KU

It's true man. I have a crazy dream that some of the naysayers would read things like this, and start believing that the coaches actually know what they are doing.
    Naw they just don't post while we are winning.
    Trust me, let us loose a game and they will be back in force.

I find it quiet amusing that after a loss I can't even get on the site but when we win it is like a ghost town.

Makes me wonder sometimes.
    ;D
    Well you start a God, Childress Crotch Smells Nice thread and ill post in it after every win.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

What Kenechi has done is what he should have been doing since we drafted him. I'm glad he turned it around, but I can't really complain about the people who were calling for his head. Until this year he was nothing more than a bust. Don't forget how high we drafted this guy.

However, despite his play on the field, I will say that he seemed to impress coaches since day one. He is finally playing as expected. It makes you want to give Erasmus another chance at the other DE spot.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    What Kenechi has done is what he should have been doing since we drafted him. I'm glad he turned it around, but I can't really complain about the people who were calling for his head. Until this year he was nothing more than a bust. Don't forget how high we drafted this guy.

However, despite his play on the field, I will say that he seemed to impress coaches since day one. He is finally playing as expected. It makes you want to give Erasmus another chance at the other DE spot.
    LOL! What are you talking about? He had 5 sacks his rookie year, played only 3 games his 2nd year & had a sack & played out of position last year & still lead the team with tackles for a loss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

LOL! What are you talking about? He had 5 sacks his rookie year, played only 3 games his 2nd year & had a sack & played out of position last year & still lead the team with tackles for a loss.
    He had two off years. Circumstances out of his control, but a lot of players don't cut it after two seasons like that, no matter what they did before.

Chris Hovan.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

He had two off years. Circumstances out of his control, but a lot of players don't cut it after two seasons like that, no matter what they did before.

Chris Hovan.
    geez forgot all about that guy. he used to be a B-E-A-S-T
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Chris Hovan.
    geez forgot all about that guy. he used to be a B-E-A-S-T
    He still is a Beast. Look at what he is doing for TB! Next to my fellow Alum Jovan Haye by the way. Anyways, I'm not upset we let him go. It needed to happen and we got Kevin to replace him.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:

Turned it around?
    Two down years?
    WHAT

He was injured one year and came back from it.
    That year he came back he played out of position when Erasumus (yet again) went down and we didn't have a RDE to fill that spot.

Since moving back to his natural position (LDE) he has regained the form we saw during his rookie season.

Do you honestly believe that the RDE and LDE position are interchangeable?
    If they are why are there significant differences in weight my friend?

I am sure you know (I've said it and posted numerous articles on it) that a LDE is usually about 20-30 lbs heavier than a RDE as he is supposed to stop the run first, contain and then rush the QB third.
    The RDE is supposed to rush the QB, stop the run and then contain in that order.

Two different specialties my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Turned it around?
    Two down years?
    WHAT

That year he came back he played out of position when Erasumus (yet again) went down and we didn't have a RDE to fill that spot.

Since moving back to his natural position (LDE) he has regained the form we saw during his rookie season.

I am sure you know (I've said it and posted numerous articles on it) that a LDE is usually about 20-30 lbs heavier than a RDE as he is supposed to stop the run first, contain and then rush the QB third.
    The RDE is supposed to rush the QB, stop the run and then contain in that order.

He was a first round pick that made ZERO impact for two straight years. There are plenty of reason for it and I agree with them all, but we entered the season with tons of uncertainty at DE. Thank goodness Robison and Udeze panned out, because Edwards and James aren't looking too hot right now. It could easily have been the other way around.

Udeze is back, meaning he was there, sucked for two years, and regained his rookie form.

You are starting to win all of our arguments and its pissing me off.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Turned it around?
    Two down years?
    WHAT

He was a first round pick that made ZERO impact for two straight years. There are plenty of reason for it and I agree with them all, but we entered the season with tons of uncertainty at DE. Thank goodness Robison and Udeze panned out, because Edwards and James aren't looking too hot right now. It could easily have been the other way around.

Udeze is back, meaning he was there, sucked for two years, and regained his rookie form.

You are starting to win all of our arguments and its pissing me off.
    You actually think like I do and that is why you think I am winning when in fact I amdoing nothing more than reminding you of things you already know my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Chris Hovan.
    LOL! Chris Hovan was moved into the nose tackle position & that is why his sack count went down along with the poor coaching he received. He had a good year in Tampa after he left here & he always gave 100%.

Again, here we have a fan who is basing a players performance on sack count alone.

Two off years my ass. He was injured & played in 3 games. The following year he was one of the best in the league & led the Vikings with sacks
    for a loss (13).

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast