Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Udeze emerging after a sack-less '06 - Right or left is solid on either end

[size=13pt]Udeze emerging after a sack-less '06[/size]

kare11.com

In what has been a disastrous season for defensive ends on the Minnesota Vikings roster, fourth-year veteran Kenechi Udeze is steadily emerging as a player worthy of the first-round pick the Vikings spent on him....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Udeze emerging after a sack-less '06

Does anyone besides me, feel that if the Vikings had cut/traded every player & axed every coach & coordinator whose head was called for in various threads here during the off-season, pre-season & eary regular season, that the Dolphins would have a 1 game lead on us?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    Does anyone besides me, feel that if the Vikings had cut/traded every player & axed every coach & coordinator whose head was called for in various threads here during the off-season, pre-season & eary regular season, that the Dolphins would have a 1 game lead on us?
    Funny how we were just mentioning him in another thread.
    ;D

Keneche is the man and should hold down the LDE position for several more years.
    We just need to get the RDE position shored up (Maybe Robison is the man) as we seem to have a pretty decent group of above average (not great) pass rushers.

I keep saying it, put a double digit sack artitist on this defense and it would be labeled as "Great" my friends and our secondary and LB corp would be right up there as well.

(Key note:
    Our defense has improved this year and steadily improves even though some doubted thier talent level, Coord change, suspensions, injuries etc).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    Didn't I start a thread that pointed out that there were actual differences between the RDE and LDE positions in a base 4-3 defense?

Silly people still argued with me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Didn't I start a thread that pointed out that there were actual differences between the RDE and LDE positions in a base 4-3 defense?

;D
    You my friend were one of the few on my side defending Udeze when several here claimed that the number of sacks one had was the only important stat in determining whether a DE was a bust or not.

That was despite pointing out to them that yet while playing out of position, Udeze lead the team with 13 tackles for a loss.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D
    You my friend were one of the few on my side defending Udeze when several here claimed that the number of sacks one had was the only important stat in determining whether a DE was a bust or not.

That was despite pointing out to them that yet while playing out of position, Udeze lead the team with 13 tackles for a loss.
    Just another example of how great minds think alike my friend.

You and me (and the Chiller) against the world.
    ;D

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    There we go on the KU

It's true man. I have a crazy dream that some of the naysayers would read things like this, and start believing that the coaches actually know what they are doing.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Let me join in on the Udeze endorsement. I knew last year he was playing out of position, and still had double digit tackles for losses and was a important part of our number 1 rush D.

While I agree with you Marrdro that a double digit sack master would propel this team into the top tier of total defenses, I like the rotation method, and when we get Ray back in the playoffs, he is going to be hungry. Robison is getting valuable playing time and is a high reving guy too. It's a great young group with the exception 0f Pat, that should be a force for many years to come.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    There we go on the KU

It's true man. I have a crazy dream that some of the naysayers would read things like this, and start believing that the coaches actually know what they are doing.
    Naw they just don't post while we are winning.
    Trust me, let us loose a game and they will be back in force.

I find it quiet amusing that after a loss I can't even get on the site but when we win it is like a ghost town.

Makes me wonder sometimes.
    ;D

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    There we go on the KU

Naw they just don't post while we are winning.
    Trust me, let us loose a game and they will be back in force.

I find it quiet amusing that after a loss I can't even get on the site but when we win it is like a ghost town.

Makes me wonder sometimes.
    ;D
    I'm always on the positive note. I just think everyone is out at big parties to celebrate after a W
    ;D

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast