Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Udeze believes he must prove himself again

[size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Udeze believes he must prove himself again[/size]

The defensive end with a strong work ethic aims to make an impact after his season-ending injury in 2005 and his sack slump in '06.

By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

Last update: July 28, 2007 – 1:50 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Udeze believes he must prove himself again

Big number 95, KU is going to play better at his natural left side. With a strong rotation of young DE's, and the return of James, our sack total will improve dramatically. We certainly won't be at the bottom of the league in sacks with the talent we have.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Big number 95, KU is going to play better at his natural left side. With a strong rotation of young DE's, and the return of James, our sack total will improve dramatically. We certainly won't be at the bottom of the league in sacks with the talent we have.
    I certainly hope so.

Also, bringing up our sack productivity will help our LB's and DB's in coverage...something we could use a bit of a helping hand on.

Caine

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Well after last year, he has nowhere to go but up.

And let's hope Erasmus makes it back ok. He's got skill.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm sure our pass D will improve dramatically if Udeze can start getting to the QB.
    (along with returning to his regular position)
    A bigger question might be if James' knee is completely healed.
    It might be healthy enough to play on, but weak enough to reduce his effectiveness and productivity.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

i think he will be fine, going back to his side, his injury should no longer be lingering, and he should play with an attitude

Thanks josdin00

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

damn right he needs to prove himself again talented player, but i was really disappointed last year. He needs to step it up if he wants to keep his job, we have a LOT of young talent between the rookies, ray edwards, jayme mitchell, plus james & darrion scott looking for a place on the team

i hope he steps it up

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    damn right he needs to prove himself again talented player, but i was really disappointed last year. He needs to step it up if he wants to keep his job, we have a LOT of young talent between the rookies, ray edwards, jayme mitchell, plus james & darrion scott looking for a place on the team

i hope he steps it up
    Sure the QB sacks were disappointing. They were disappointing at a team level as a whole.

But Udeze led the team with 13 tackles for a loss. For those of you that still have a hard time understanding what that is, that's tackles of a RB, WR or TE behind the line of scrimmage for a loss of yards.

Tackles of that nature are just as important as a QB sack IMO. It's a loss of yards. Maybe not as much as a QB sack, but a loss of yards never the less. He's one of the reasons the Vikings led the league with a rushing defense.

Tackling for a loss, no gain or minimal gain is called containment & that is exactly what the defense is supposed to do.

I'll take 13 tackles for a loss over 3-4 QB sacks any day of the week.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    gol 'darnit right he needs to prove himself again talented player, but i was really disappointed last year. He needs to step it up if he wants to keep his job, we have a LOT of young talent between the rookies, ray edwards, jayme mitchell, plus james & darrion scott looking for a place on the team

i hope he steps it up
    Sure the QB sacks were disappointing. They were disappointing at a team level as a whole.

But Udeze led the team with 13 tackles for a loss. For those of you that still have a hard time understanding what that is, that's tackles of a RB, WR or TE behind the line of scrimmage for a loss of yards.

Tackles of that nature are just as important as a QB sack IMO. It's a loss of yards. Maybe not as much as a QB sack, but a loss of yards never the less. He's one of the reasons the Vikings led the league with a rushing defense.

Tackling for a loss, no gain or minimal gain is called containment & that is exactly what the defense is supposed to do.

My friend, this is one of those that they just don't get.
    Nice try though.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

i hope he steps it up

oh i know, like i said i like him and he's a good player. there were MANY plays last year that probably should have been sacks where one of our d-linemen were chasing the quarterback causing him to run or toss it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast