Thread: UDEZE

UDEZE

Agent: Vikings' top pick will be in training camp

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - The agent for the Minnesota Vikings' top draft pick said his client will be with the team in next week at training camp in Mankato.

Agent Thomas Barnes said defensive end Kenechi Udeze, the 20th overall selection, is on track to sign a contract next week after talking with the team last week.

``I don't foresee any snags,' said Barnes, who also is Udeze's brother. ``I'm optimistic that we'll get it done before training camp.'

The Vikings have eight draft picks, and they have signed fourth-round pick Mewelde Moore. The Vikings have had preliminary discussions with agents, and they don't anticipate any problems, meaning all rookies could report to training camp on time for a second consecutive year.

Last year's 20th pick, offensive tackle George Foster of the Denver Broncos, signed a five-year deal worth $7.5 million, including a $4.6 million signing bonus and a possible escalator worth up to $2.8 million.

Vikings have one remaining roster spot to fill, which they'll likely address before training camp opens.

Meanwhile, Vikings owner Red McCombs said Monday he expects to keep the team through the 2004 season.

Asked about the possible sale of the team, McCombs said, ``It's basically status quo. (But) if somebody thinks they can get a stadium here, I'll sell it to 'em because it hasn't worked for me.'

Good news to me

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

UDEZE

I saw that article too. I liked the part about Udeze's agent saying that he'd be in camp. However, the part of the article that got my attention is where it said that the Vikings have one more roster spot to fill. Yet, they made no effort towords Trotter or Gildon. I really hope that our current LB core plays up to potential, and we don't end up regretting letting those two get away.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

UDEZE

"josdin00" wrote:
    I saw that article too. I liked the part about Udeze's agent saying that he'd be in camp. However, the part of the article that got my attention is where it said that the Vikings have one more roster spot to fill. Yet, they made no effort towords Trotter or Gildon. I really hope that our current LB core plays up to potential, and we don't end up regretting letting those two get away.

I really like our Lb's, but was really supriesd to see how cheap both trotter and gildon signed for. I bet we weren't even talking to their agents to se how much they wanted, which could have been a mistake. DT is gonna be a stud!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

UDEZE

I read on one of the sites, sorry, can't remember which, that one (they didn't name them) NFC team checked out Trotter and was worried about his knee's. Who knows, but I am sure they looked long and hard and said no. Betcha' they got some one in mind for that spot though. Just wish I knew who. =D.