Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Tyrell Johnson ready to break out from under mentor's shadow

[quote author=tb04512 link=topic=51322.msg931526#msg931526 date=1238870190]
    Tyrell is a cool guy, i've played basketball a couple times this week.. he is a FREAK of an athlete and I'm hoping he grows into a great player
    [/quote

Playing ball with Tyrell was so much fun! Hopefully he does bring sidney and allison up there!!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Wel if his career ends up being anywhere near as solid as Sharpers I will be happy.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    [quote]
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Tyrell is a cool guy, i've played basketball a couple times this week.. he is a FREAK of an athlete and I'm hoping he grows into a great player
    [/quote

Playing ball with Tyrell was so much fun! Hopefully he does bring sidney and allison up there!!

Ya that caught my attention to. You play ball with him? Thats bad arse if so! Try and get some pics.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"Mr." wrote:
    [quote]
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [/quote

Ya that caught my attention to. You play ball with him? Thats bad arse if so! Try and get some pics.
    Alright ill try

CaPM is offline Training Camp

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    By the way just to give out some prior history, Tyrell was ranked #17 on our overall board the year we drafted him at #42. Essentially he's a first round talent in our minds, Adrian Peterson, Chad Greenway, Jared Allen(Trade), and Tyrell Johnson. So far three of these players are very good if not Elite. If Tyrell pans out as I expect that gives our orginization a 4/4 on first round impacts. IMO thats a job well done. We also drafted and developed a damn good CB we used a 2nd Round Pick on in Cedric Griffin. If Tarvaris Jackson pans out and turns into a consistent impact the Childress Era will shine. What about Rice? It can take several years for young(22) WR's like Rice to fully mature in this league, if his knees are healthy next year I expect him to be an impact player.
    YES, completely agree.
    Especially with the analysis of Tyrell as a 'little EJ', my thoughts exactly, and frankly my explicit hope for his future.
    I really liked the brief glimpses of his college play, and he definately fits the physical bill of the kind of safety we need in the defense.
    I'm really excited and optimistic about him starting to stand out this year...
    What I also saw mentioned, about him being a 'system player' vs. sharper 'floating around' I also have to echo... that was my biggest gripe with sharper, playing to get big plays for Sharper, not wins for the Vikings.
    FOR GOD SAKE JUST FALL ON THE DAMN BALL...
    whoah, sorry about that.
    Flashback.

Also, I have to mention this...
    Rice is only 22?!
    Man, this whole 'leave school early for the draft' thing is screwing with me, it blows my mind that we can have a guy on the roster for 2 years and he can still be only 22 years old...
    Changes my perspective for the positive on him a bit, he's still a damn kid, with plenty of time to grow into a great receiver.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

BY BY Sharper......I won't miss your free lancing ass one bit........ ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Sharper fans will get the last laugh. He will be a stud on a team that knows how to use him.

"marstc09" wrote:
    Sharper fans will get the last laugh. He will be a stud on a team that knows how to use him.
    lol

CaPM is offline Training Camp

"marstc09" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is garbage like some, I just don't think he was the right fit for us here.
    He made some hay for us, and I don't regret bringing him here at all.
    But I do think we made the right decision in letting him move on...

(for nostalgia sake, let's all sit back and re-live that game against the 'skins when sharper nearly KILLED Santana Moss in the endzone, knocking the ball away for an incomplete in the process...)

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"CaPM" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    By the way just to give out some prior history, Tyrell was ranked #17 on our overall board the year we drafted him at #42. Essentially he's a first round talent in our minds, Adrian Peterson, Chad Greenway, Jared Allen(Trade), and Tyrell Johnson. So far three of these players are very good if not Elite. If Tyrell pans out as I expect that gives our orginization a 4/4 on first round impacts. IMO thats a job well done. We also drafted and developed a damn good CB we used a 2nd Round Pick on in Cedric Griffin. If Tarvaris Jackson pans out and turns into a consistent impact the Childress Era will shine. What about Rice? It can take several years for young(22) WR's like Rice to fully mature in this league, if his knees are healthy next year I expect him to be an impact player.
    YES, completely agree.
    Especially with the analysis of Tyrell as a 'little EJ', my thoughts exactly, and frankly my explicit hope for his future.
    I really liked the brief glimpses of his college play, and he definately fits the physical bill of the kind of safety we need in the defense.
    I'm really excited and optimistic about him starting to stand out this year...
    What I also saw mentioned, about him being a 'system player' vs. sharper 'floating around' I also have to echo... that was my biggest gripe with sharper, playing to get big plays for Sharper, not wins for the Vikings.
    FOR GOD SAKE JUST FALL ON THE DAMN BALL...
    whoah, sorry about that.
    Flashback.

Also, I have to mention this...
    Rice is only 22?!
    Man, this whole 'leave school early for the draft' thing is screwing with me, it blows my mind that we can have a guy on the roster for 2 years and he can still be only 22 years old...
    Changes my perspective for the positive on him a bit, he's still a damn kid, with plenty of time to grow into a great receiver.
    +1 Hakeem Nicks is only a year younger than Rice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast