Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tyrell Johnson is awful!!!

Bench that guy!!!

Seirously the guy cannot tackle and does not understand the concept of angles when chasing guys down.

Just awful, he should be ashamed of himself. Sanford is the better option there. At least he will hit someone instead of laying a shoulder check and missing the ball carrier.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Tyrell Johnson is awful!!!

May as well bench AW as well.

He was aweful tonight.

haha true Ultra...

Should have been alot of benchings
    Johnson has been bothering me most of the season.

I really had high hopes for him, maybe too high...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Bench Favre, AP, and Loadholt too.
    We're bringing purple back.

Our secondary as a whole has seemed to regress. I thought Ced was playing much better early on, Tyrell Johnson missing tackles as already alluded to, Winfield was good last week but I truely don't believe he is a good enough cover corner to line up on Steve Smith, Though I find myself whining about Madieu Williams less, but I'm not sure if it is because I don't have time for it since I have plenty of other players to bitch at right now.

Obviously though it is no coincidence that since our pass rush has disappeared our secondary has been exposed, however the poor tackling is unacceptable.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Our secondary will have bad games EVERY week if the pass rush leaves them on islands like they did the past 3 games (especially the past Sunday Night games).

Tyrell had a statistically good game, but I watched him miss BIG TIME on Stewart's TD run. He tries for the big hit instead of wrapping him up.. Not to mention he just bounced off the rest of the defenders that failed to wrap up instead of putting himself in position to coral Stewart.

I don't know if Stanford is the answer.. but I do like the way Stanford plays.. especially as a rookie.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

I've said it before AW is a great run stopper but a poor coverage corner. He should move to safety.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Tyrell Johnson is awful!!!

vikings_fan66 wrote:
    Bench that guy!!!

Seirously the guy cannot tackle and does not understand the concept of angles when chasing guys down.

Just awful, he should be ashamed of himself. Sanford is the better option there. At least he will hit someone instead of laying a shoulder check and missing the ball carrier.
    You have to be joking right?

Did you watch the game? Everyone, I mean everyone, took bad angles and missed tackles. Truth be told, I had the kid down for 3 damn nice "Saving Tackles".

Truth be told, I actually thought I would see alot more positive posts for our S's this morning instead of crap like this.

WOW.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freya is offline Team Alumni

The Oline was the biggest problem last night, IMO. Especially McKinney. Someone finally saw the light and benched him. Not that Hicks was much better going up against Peppers. Oy!
    And who's idea was it to have MWilliams covering Smith?!?! Talk about an uneven match up! LOL

As a side note, Smith is my favorite receiver on another team. The guy has big time talent. I'd just rather that when we play him that we are shutting that talent down instead of having him run roughshod all over our defense.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Freya wrote:
    The Oline was the biggest problem last night, IMO. Especially McKinney. Someone finally saw the light and benched him. Not that Hicks was much better going up against Peppers. Oy!
    And who's idea was it to have MWilliams covering Smith?!?! Talk about an uneven match up! LOL

As a side note, Smith is my favorite receiver on another team. The guy has big time talent. I'd just rather that when we play him that we are shutting that talent down instead of having him run roughshod all over our defense.
    The same chucklehead who sent Whinny on a Blitz instead of the S.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast