Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Which type of fan bothers you the most?

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have to vote Bandwagon fans.
    Negative Nancys irk me too, but then again, I have been accused of Homerism a couple of times, so many my viewpoint is skewed.

Another fan that drives me nuts is the "Leave halfway through the fourth to beat traffic" fan at the metrodome.
    If one team or the other has a lead of 8 or more points halfway through the fourth, that mass exodus starts...
    Not including my wait in traffic, I have a 4 hour drive to get home, so the "traffic sucks" argument doesn't work on me.
    Ressurectung this thread because there are a lot of new people who haven't had the chance to weigh in.
    Plus with the recent Vikings acquisitions in FA, there are a lot more people who are falling in to the Blind Homer and Negative Nancy categories! ;D
    I have to admit, I swing harder than Austin Powers between these two. During the season after we've dropped 3 or 4 in a row, I get negetive. On the other hand, in the offseason, I'm the blind homer (I guess). I don't see how you can't be, we're NOT losing and everyone is tied for first.
    That's the way I see it also. I'll always be optomistic in the offseason. That's a little harder to do this year. But I can blindly see this team markedly improving with about 4 key position improvements and our injured returning, able to perform.

A few categories were missing:

Maddenites ( I guess that must be some religous sect?)

Whiskeyed up

Doped up

Peach Fuzz Patrol

Crazy

I probably fall in a bunch of those categories but am an eternal optomist when it comes to the Vikes. Pessimism just doesn't feel as good to me.

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have to vote Bandwagon fans.
    Negative Nancys irk me too, but then again, I have been accused of Homerism a couple of times, so many my viewpoint is skewed.

Another fan that drives me nuts is the "Leave halfway through the fourth to beat traffic" fan at the metrodome.
    If one team or the other has a lead of 8 or more points halfway through the fourth, that mass exodus starts...
    Not including my wait in traffic, I have a 4 hour drive to get home, so the "traffic sucks" argument doesn't work on me.
    Ressurectung this thread because there are a lot of new people who haven't had the chance to weigh in.
    Plus with the recent Vikings acquisitions in FA, there are a lot more people who are falling in to the Blind Homer and Negative Nancy categories! ;D
    I have to admit, I swing harder than Austin Powers between these two. During the season after we've dropped 3 or 4 in a row, I get negetive. On the other hand, in the offseason, I'm the blind homer (I guess). I don't see how you can't be, we're NOT losing and everyone is tied for first.
    That's the way I see it also. I'll always be optomistic in the offseason. That's a little harder to do this year. But I can blindly see this team markedly improving with about 4 key position improvements and our injured returning, able to perform.

A few categories were missing:

Maddenites ( I guess that must be some religous sect?)

Whiskeyed up

Doped up

Peach Fuzz Patrol

Crazy

I probably fall in a bunch of those categories but am an eternal optomist when it comes to the Vikes. Pessimism just doesn't feel as good to me.

Whiskeyed up
    ME

Doped up
    ME

Peach Fuzz Patrol
    ME again

Crazy

:-\
    ME

Maddenites ( I guess that must be some religous sect?) Only when I drink whiskey get all doped up take a run a the wife and go crazy! Otherwise NOT ME
    ;D

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    How about the fans that think by us releasing several veteran players, not signing any FA's, and the team thinking that they are going to build a dynasty in the draft is going to take us to the SB by next season? Do you have a category for those types of fans? If so, that is the type that bothers me the most..
    Are you saying this is not going to be our year? You %( #$^#_(#*!

What is it exactly that you are trying to say with this statement? I don't speak that language..

I'm saying if you don't think this upcoming year is our superbowl year, you are a
    %(#$^#_(#*! It's tricky but can be figured out.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I'm saying if you don't think this upcoming year is our superbowl year, you are a
    And if you think we have any shot at even making the SB game, you are a *******

Well at least I'm a real fan.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The fan who watches 1 game a year and all of the sudden they think they know a little something about the Vikings or football in general.

That's exactly what Del would say as well.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The fan who watches 1 game a year and all of the sudden they think they know a little something about the Vikings or football in general.

That's exactly what Del would say as well.
    What, like this guy?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    And if you think we have any shot at even making the SB game, you are a *******
    or a **** ** ** ************.

old, blind nancy, on her favorite packer/bear forum, managed to type a "well said!"
    wearing her moss jersey on her coach couch.........

what kind of fan would she be?!?!?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345