Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Which type of fan bothers you the most?

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    I would have to go with the Negative Nancy type fan because, minus the Homers, they usually also cover the rest of the fan types to a certain extent (especially Bandwagoners & Moss/Daunte Fan Boys).

One I would add would be the Armchair Coach . They are the type who believe that they are more intelligent than most NFL head coaches (the 32 in the world) and constantly call the coaching staff idiots. They second guess everything the coach does and believe that all blame lies on the HC's shoulders.
    The thing is, when I think about it, I have probably been one of them all (except Bandwagoner & Moss/Daunte Fan Boy) at one time or another. That is just the nature of being a fan.
    I'd have to agree with Kramer9guy on the "Armchair" QB one, IMO theres too many of those types in here (for my liking), and is one of the reasons I dont visit here much during the season. Its unbelieveable the comments that are made in what the team "should/should've" done during the course of the game. WTF, instead of being a poster on here, give yourself some props on a resume and fax the league..lol the other option is stfu, and enjoy rooting for your favorite team, regardless of the outcome on Sunday! Ask me how I really feel
    ;D

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Moss lovers=Fair Weather fans. Therefore fair weather fans are the people I hate the most.

Sometimes I ask myself, "why the hell do I still obsess over this team when they don't ever give me anything back?" Well the answer is that when we win it all it's going to taste oh so much sweeter. Imagine switching to a team right before they win the super bowl. I bet it doesn't feel good at all knowing that your poor "backup team" is sitting at home watching on TV.
    :

Rambro is offline Rookie

I hate Bandwagoners the most...but I have to admit myself that I'm a Moss fan boy...I

don't wish for him to come back...but I wish he never left...I know he has one of the

worst possible personalities for teammate there could be...that's why I don't mind that

much. I know there has been so many other great players to play for us...but this guy

was the 2nd best receiver we have ever had.

By the way...I've been a Viking fan my whole life, way before Moss joined the team.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

I picked old timers. Mainly cause they like to bash new comers to the vikes fan base and they think they were born with a Purple Spoon in thier mouth.

peace...
    peace...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

PACKER FANS
    > bother me the most, followed by stupid people.....they usually cheer for Packers or Bears.
    I guess the negative nancy's mirror these type of fans the best

But I'm an old timer (Norm Van Brocklin Fan...love his smoking,swearing and fighting) and I mainly get along with the homers

"well said" guys are ok when they quote me too ;D

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

any fans that doesn't like his fellow fans of a particular team

for example, vikings fans who don't like other vikings fans b/c of their length of time following the team (regardless of whether or not they're old school or new school)

How do ya like them apples?!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    PACKER FANS
    > bother me the most, followed by stupid people.....they usually cheer for Packers or Bears.

But I'm an old timer (Norm Van Brocklin Fan...love his smoking,swearing and fighting) and I mainly get along with the homers

Well said. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have to vote Bandwagon fans.
    Negative Nancys irk me too, but then again, I have been accused of Homerism a couple of times, so many my viewpoint is skewed.

Another fan that drives me nuts is the "Leave halfway through the fourth to beat traffic" fan at the metrodome.
    If one team or the other has a lead of 8 or more points halfway through the fourth, that mass exodus starts...
    Not including my wait in traffic, I have a 4 hour drive to get home, so the "traffic sucks" argument doesn't work on me.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    Feel free to add your own or give better definitions.
    Where's Paranoid Lothario?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Gift is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    PACKER FANS

Well said. ;D
    Grrrr.... :-X
    So far im the only one who voted for that guy but I know there has got to be others who feel the same.
    That guy is a thorn of the side of any active negative nancy cuz there are always blind homers around to back eachother up.

Anywho, Armchair coach & bear & packer fans added, could use a good definition for B & P fans.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast