Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gift is offline Coordinator

Which type of fan bothers you the most?

Blind Homer - When talking to this guy it feels like he is watching a different team than you.
    Regardless of how poor people played he is certain that they will step up their game next week.
    They often takes positions that they believe will be popular with the majority but there are a few rare homers that will never bow down to reality regarless of the team being 1-15.
    Homers are also the people that love to throw the phrase "Real Fan" around.

Negative Nancy - We all know this guy, never has anything good to say.
    Seems like they enjoy the teams failures so they can bust out "I told you so's" to everyone around. Very present after losses, not so much after wins.

The "well said" guy - Follows more established posters around and simply qoutes them and adds "well said", whether their goal be popularity, acceptance or other is unclear.
    At times it seems the original poster could have simply burped out random letters & this guy will be there to back them up.
    You find yourself in a good debate with another members & these asshats will come in & try to sway the tides even though the have nothing to offer themselves.

Old Timers - These guys love to tell you regardless of the current situation that they have delt with it 10fold back when bud grant was coaching.
    They brush your arguments off without any content of facts but simply because you were not alive in
    the 1950's.
    They rarely admit to being wrong & they like to refer to anyone not older than them as a "Badwagoner"

Moss Fan Boys -
    The can sum up all our problems & solutions into one word, Moss.
    Still mad he is gone & still pray for his return.

Bandwagoner - A fan who had no previous interest in the team until they began winning. They often will claim that they have been "a fan forever'.
    They eventually fade away or turn into negative nancy's.

Armchair Coach - They are the type who believe that they are more intelligent than most NFL head coaches (the 32 in the world) and constantly call the coaching staff idiots. They second guess everything the coach does and believe that all blame lies on the HC's shoulders.

Bear & Packer Fans -
    Well, no one likes them but do they really bother you the most?

Feel free to add your own or give better definitions.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Which type of fan bothers you the most?

The bandwagoner fans for sure. I hate it when people are just fair weather fans. Why not just pick a team and stick with them?!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"cc21" wrote:
    The bandwagoner fans for sure. I hate it when people are just fair weather fans. Why not just pick a team and stick with them?!
    Hmm, well said.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Definitely Moss fan boys. ;D

I'd have to say old timer and negative nancy.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I can't stand bandwagon and Moss lovers.
    Moss was not our savior, he just gave us band wagon fans.

dsharp is offline Training Camp

Fans of the Chicago Bears

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    Hmm, well said.
    ;D Hilarious.

I have to go with bandwagoners.
    My favorite is when we're in the middle of the offseason on PP.O and the 'fair weather fan' debate comes up....hmmm I bet a lot of fair weather fans are posting in May.
    My other favorite is blind posters (an inclusive term that could fall under any listed category), regardless of the points being made or brought up a hollow argument repeatedly being justified with absolutely nothing and presented as fact.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

BEARS FANS!!!

If they are Vikings fans,they are ok with me. Any variety. 8 to 80,blind,crippled or crazy.
    edit-gotta admit though,this TEAM irritates the hell outta me sometimes.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

The only fan that I don't like is one that is an ass and embarrasses the rest of the fan base by being obnoxious.
    I know that I see a lot of Michigan fans on other message boards that are ignorant and disrespectful to other fans and I just cringe.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

I would have to go with the Negative Nancy type fan because, minus the Homers, they usually also cover the rest of the fan types to a certain extent (especially Bandwagoners & Moss/Daunte Fan Boys).

One I would add would be the Armchair Coach . They are the type who believe that they are more intelligent than most NFL head coaches (the 32 in the world) and constantly call the coaching staff idiots. They second guess everything the coach does and believe that all blame lies on the HC's shoulders.

The thing is, when I think about it, I have probably been one of them all (except Bandwagoner & Moss/Daunte Fan Boy) at one time or another. That is just the nature of being a fan.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast