Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Ty Law: "I no longer want to be a Patriot"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1758628

Now, tell me this dude wouldn't be worth some Salary Cap money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

He's not. Williams and Winfield will be a fine pair of corners. We don't need Ty Law.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I like Brian Williams, but Ty Law is too great a talent to pass up. He is 30, but still has 4 years left in him and isn't on the decline. Brian Williams had a Pro-Bowl type year last year and was solid at CB. He got beat a few times, but that didn't mean he laid down on the truf and curse, he ran and tried to make something happen, ala the KC game.

We don't need him. But we've been doing nothing but filling our needs, why not treat ourselves a little bit. If we get him, excellent, if we don't, I still think our secondary is going to be awesome this year.

The only problem is price. He'll probably be released June 1st, otherwise the Pats will look totrade him, or even keep him on. If he is released and we have the money, go for it. In anyother scenario let him sign some place else.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

What is Law's cap number anyway? If we have the money..........now I'm starting to think "Why not?"

ksvikesfan is offline Rookie

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Viking_Spirit

What is Law's cap number anyway? If we have the money..........now I'm starting to think "Why not?"
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think he was going to get about 6.5 mil this year. With the amount of cap money we have, I say why not also.

6.5 million.......very appealing........

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I definately would love to see him on our team, but Red's spent the money for what we need... I wouldn't hold my breath for him signing what would help make us great

Mossville is offline Starter

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

I like Brian Williams, but Ty Law is too great a talent to pass up. He is 30, but still has 4 years left in him and isn't on the decline. Brian Williams had a Pro-Bowl type year last year and was solid at CB. He got beat a few times, but that didn't mean he laid down on the truf and curse, he ran and tried to make something happen, ala the KC game.

We don't need him. But we've been doing nothing but filling our needs, why not treat ourselves a little bit. If we get him, excellent, if we don't, I still think our secondary is going to be awesome this year.

The only problem is price. He'll probably be released June 1st, otherwise the Pats will look totrade him, or even keep him on. If he is released and we have the money, go for it. In anyother scenario let him sign some place else.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

looks like we agree on this vetran. I also think Williams will be fine but if we have a chance to get Law that would be an incredible boost to our D. That would allow us to leave both CBs out on an island with single coverage and blitz more and bring our safetys up for more run support.

Question reagrading the salary he would get. Is he actually a FA or is he supposed to be undercontract with NE? I havent paid much attention. I seen above where he would be asking for a salary of 6.5 million. I think its going to be much more than that. He already called a 4 year deal worth...well 6.5 million per year an insult. I think he would cost Champ Baily type money. Still I think he would be worth it.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Law is great, but is expensive and isn't even a free agent. We would have to trade some serious stuff to get this guy away from NE. With Winfield, that is alot of money to ty into the CB position, although it would improve our D immensely.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Don't you guys need a safety more than a CB?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast