singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Two Vikings Receive Fines for Plays Vs. Jaguars

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    ďI didnít see [Henderson touch him]. I was playing the double team in front of me and was trying to get off them and go to the left. I didnít know Erin had hit him from the backside to the right. I thought he was trying to slide and tripped or something. Thatís what I seen coming around to the left. There was no way I could have seen to the right side.Ē
    To be honest, I didn't see Henderson touch Gabbert either & thought it was a bogus call. Even on the replay I saw, which I replayed in slo-mo, it appeared Gabbert moved out of the way & avoided being hit by Henderson & then as a result of that move ended up losing his balance & falling down on his own accord.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-15-2012 at 09:53 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Don't see that any fine was justified on that "hit", but Guion should have just tapped the guy while he was on the ground. No excuse for even taking a chance on getting called for a penalty.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Any player that thinks they will get a free shot at a QB in a defenseless situation and not get flagged/fined has had head buried in the sand for the last decade. Not debating whether its right, but the league has clearly chosen this path with the rules and actions and I was a bit surprised during the game when Allen touched/contacted Gabbert near the knees that there wasn't much fuss about it; Tom Brady would have been pointing and crying to the ref and demanding an ejection or execution.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    ... I was a bit surprised during the game when Allen touched/contacted Gabbert near the knees that there wasn't much fuss about it; Tom Brady would have been pointing and crying to the ref and demanding an ejection or execution.
    Demanding an ejaculation?

What do you expect from a guy married to Gisele?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Yeah I was surprised nothing was called on Allen for that hit on Gabberts knees too, but I guess after all it is football and you are supposed to be able to hit people.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Yeah I was surprised nothing was called on Allen for that hit on Gabberts knees too, but I guess after all it is football and you are supposed to be able to hit people.
    I thought a flag could come, but he wrapped at legs more than hit them. Perhaps their is a fine line in the rule. Perhaps the college officials are not aware of the rule; the regular officials in the NFCC game (Vikings/Saints) obviously were not.