Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Two Picks For Childress as top coach pickup

[size=18px]CBS Sportsline writers pick the two best coaching pickups in the NFL
    [/size]
    Pete Prisco
    The choice of many would be Eric Mangini, simply because he's a Bill Belichick disciple. But the Jets don't have an impressive roster, they have cap issues and their quarterback is coming off surgery on his throwing shoulder. The Packers have personnel issues as well, which is why Mike McCarthy faces a tough task. The Saints? Good luck, Sean Payton. They will likely take a quarterback with the second overall pick, which means there will be a major learning curve. Gary Kubiak will need time with the Texans, which might not be a good thing to need. So the pick here is Brad Childress. He steps in to run a team that is not that far away. Childress will bring badly needed discipline to the Vikings. There is talent on offense and defense, although Daunte Culpepper is coming off major knee surgery. The defense has a chance to be molded into a good unit if the young talent continues to develop. Plus this team has nearly $25 million in cap room. Childress will be the guy who has the biggest impact right away.

Clark Judge
    I don't know who will do the best job, but I believe Minnesota's Brad Childress will have the most success in the first year. Let's face it, there were two plum jobs out there, and the Vikings were one of them; Kansas City was the other. Childress has all sorts of talent on that Minnesota club, including a veteran quarterback with a history of success. What he must do is develop a rushing attack and develop Troy Williamson as a go-to wide receiver. And Daunte Culpepper? I wouldn't worry about him. Childress will get him back on track. Remember, he's taking over a 9-7 club that is not that far away. On the flip side, Eric Mangini has the toughest job of the newcomers. The Jets must dynamite an offense that is loaded with question marks and aging players, and who knows what happens to Chad Pennington? Me? I don't see him playing this season. So now what? Patience, people. Mangini's job will take time. Lots of time. Plus there's this: He must play in the same conference with Bill Belichick and Nick Saban. Good luck.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Two Picks For Childress as top coach pickup

Nice, I like what I'm reading........

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

SamDawg84 Guest

yes! we are finally getting love from the media! about freaken time we dont hear about only bad stuff

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't really need these guys to tell me we would do better than the Jets, Saints, Texans and Packers next year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I didn't really need these guys to tell me we would do better than the Jets, Saints, Texans and Packers next year.
    Ha haa! Good observation Italian!

Thats a "no-brainer"!

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

not to be a nay-sayer, but i do remeber we were suppost to go to the SB this year...well thats what all the "pros" said...any-hoo...im still glad we got childres, and as all true cubs fans know...theres always next year...^^

peace...
    peace...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Has a rookie coach ever won the Super Bowl?

I wouldn't mind Childress being that guy next year if it has never been done before!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wasn't Don McCafferty a rookie when he coached the Colts to a win back in the early 70's?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Has a rookie coach ever won the Super Bowl?

I wouldn't mind Childress being that guy next year if it has never been done before!!!
    George Seifert was the second rookie coach to win the Super Bowl in Super Bowl XXIV. Who was the other?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wasn't Don McCafferty a rookie when he coached the Colts to a win back in the early 70's?
    Was he the first rookie HC to win the SB?

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Former Offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings Brian Billick won the Superbowl in his second year as H/C.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast