Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Two interesting tidbits from KFFL

Vikings | Peterson contract update
    Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:47:21 -0700

Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, report Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian L. Peterson's contract will see him earn $285,000 this season. In 2008, his base salary jumps to $1.925 million, then $2.3 million in 2009. In 2010, he will earn $2.695 million, and he will receive $3.08 million in 2011. Peterson also could earn $250,000 for winning MVP honors each year and $250,000 for NFL Rookie of the Year. He also could earn a $1 million bonus if he scores 20 rushing touchdowns in one season.
    I am really surprised at the low amount Peterson gets his first year as a base salary.

Vikings | Looking to use running back by committee approach
    Wed, 1 Aug 2007 02:45:01 -0700

ESPN reports the Minnesota Vikings are looking for RBs Chester Taylor (arm) and rookie Adrian L. Peterson to platoon at the running back position during the 2007 season.
    I thought we were planning on using them together with one of them being a pass target.
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Two interesting tidbits from KFFL

Better to use them individually with Richardson blocking for them. But I expect a few plays that would feature them both in at the same time.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, report Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian L. Peterson's contract will see him earn $285,000 this season. In 2008, his base salary jumps to $1.925 million, then $2.3 million in 2009. In 2010, he will earn $2.695 million, and he will receive $3.08 million in 2011. Peterson also could earn $250,000 for winning MVP honors each year and $250,000 for NFL Rookie of the Year. He also could earn a $1 million bonus if he scores 20 rushing touchdowns in one season.
    I am really surprised at the low amount Peterson gets his first year as a base salary.

ESPN reports the Minnesota Vikings are looking for RBs Chester Taylor (arm) and rookie Adrian L. Peterson to platoon at the running back position during the 2007 season.
    I thought we were planning on using them together with one of them being a pass target.
    I thought it was 5 years for 40 million. That only adds up to like 10 million. And if we have plenty of cap room now shouldn't we be using it to free up space in future years? Does anyone no what affect his contract will have on the cap space for each year?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Better to use them individually with Richardson blocking for them. But I expect a few plays that would feature them both in at the same time.
    I agree. The idea of one of them lead blocking for the other scares me. I don't want our #1 draft pick blowing up linebackers. It reeks of the wedgebuster fiasco last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

How much was his signing bonus?

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

geesh,i am a lil surprized by this contract...but he signed.l..must have some good endorsements or something

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I agree. The idea of one of them lead blocking for the other scares me. I don't want our #1 draft pick blowing up linebackers. It reeks of the wedgebuster fiasco last year.

Doesn't "platoon" meen using them together?

Oh Trey, Didn't you hear?
    Apparently AD was brought in here primarily to plow over linebackers.

I don't believe that would be the plan to have either lead block.
    Especially considering it makes NO sense with
    Richardson and TE/FB Dugan.
    We are likely to see more two back sets consisting 1 FB but if we do see two HBs I believe they would both go out on routes or one on a draw.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Nephilim" wrote:
    geesh,i am a lil surprized by this contract...but he signed.l..must have some good endorsements or something
    Yeah I heard he could get a great majority guarenteed with eaily achievable bonuses so I don't think those listed is all of them ( I didn't bother to add it up).
    Otherwise I believe he has the second highest contract behind LT.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

I thought it was 5 years for 40 million. That only adds up to like 10 million. And if we have plenty of cap room now shouldn't we be using it to free up space in future years? Does anyone no what affect his contract will have on the cap space for each year?
    That is just the base salary, not including incentives and bonuses.
    [quote author=pft]Reported as a five-year deal with a maximum value of $40 million, we're told that the contract signed on Sunday by Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has a realistic value of $5.5 million to $6 million per year, which translates into $27.5 million to $30 million.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Peterson will earn $24.75 million over five years if he rushes for more than 1,000 yards one time.
    If he rushes for 1,000 yards in a season twice, the value goes to more than $27 million.

Peterson can push the deal to more than $28 million in four ways -- rushing for 1,300 yards once is the primary category.
    If he rushes for 1,300 yards twice, the deal goes to more than $30 million.

The difference between $30 million and $40 million will require, as the source said, "super high-end stuff."

Also, the source said that the $17 million in guaranteed money is significant, since Peterson has an injury history and plays a position with a history of guys getting injured.
    [/quote]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast