Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100
  1. #21
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "Zeus" wrote:
    I hate the idea of a bunch of arm-chair coaches babbling mindlessly about what those who truly know the sport can or can not do.

    =Z=
    ...and, that is exactly why you post on pp.o....just to piss yourself off on an otherwise beautiful day.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Jeeeeeezzzzzz.
    What the hell am I missing here?
    We knew he wasn't ready this year.

    Has the instant gratification guys took over after only two games?

    Isn't it an agreed upon fact that he is pretty gol 'darnit green but has all the tools to be an effective QB in this league after he gets some experience?

    Fix our OL problems, give the kids some time to at least read a defense and get the ball out before we go ahead and pooh can him.

    It's funny that last year they were begging to throw him in knowing full well he was still "green".

    "Anyone's better than Johnson", they said.

    "He's our saviour", they said.

    "Let him learn & perfect his skills on the field", they said.

    "Sure he'll make mistakes", they said, "But he'll learn as he gains more experience."


    Well now that they got exactly what they wanted & what they expected, they are calling for his head.

    LMAO!




    Exactly right Singer.
    He is green and learning.
    That has never been disputed.
    Anyone who thought he was going to come in here and not have a game or two like the one against Detroit was kidding themselves.
    And, anyone who looks at the game against Detroit and questions TJ's ability to ever play at an NFL level is equally delusional.

    The question Childress is facing isn't whether or not TJ is ready to be the starter.
    The question he is facing is what would be the best way, in the long run, for TJ to become a starter.
    Would he benefit more from being in the game and gaining experience, or would he benefit more from sitting out a few games and watching Kelly Holcomb play.

    I believe at this point that TJ will benefit more from being in the game.
    The biggest reason I believe this is because I think Kelly Holcomb will perform better if we put him in instead.
    Stay with me for a second, this will make sense in a bit.
    If Holcomb comes in and performs well against KC and Green Bay, Childress won't take him back out.
    TJack will have lost his starting position, and likely won't gain it back this season unless Holcomb gets injured.
    Then next season rolls around, and we will be right back where we are now.
    Holcomb is not a long term solution, and unless we get a QB in FA or trade (not a lot out there - just ask Oakland and Atlanta), we would be left with TJ and possibly some rookie.

    But if we leave TJ in for the long haul this season, one of two things will happen. He will either get it by then end of the season, or he won't.
    If he doesn't, that leaves us in good position to draft a new QB.
    But if he does, which I think he will, we are still in the race for this year, and looking very good for next year.

    Just my rambling 2 pesos.
    I am officially done speculating on this until after the KC game.
    I can see now that I am not missing anything.
    Great post you two, especially NP.


    Frustration level off.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I hate the idea of a bunch of arm-chair coaches babbling mindlessly about what those who truly know the sport can or can not do.
    ...and, that is exactly why you post on pp.o....just to piss yourself off on an otherwise beautiful day.
    I post here because I need an outlet.
    Unfortunately, a lot of the time, I need to wade through the clueless to get to the golden piggy at the end of the line.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #24
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Have you guys thought that maybe TJ isnt cut out to be a starter in the NFL? Alot of QBs aernt meant to be starters. Some just dont pan out. Have you thought maybe Childress didnt know what he was doing when he drafted him? I admit its too early to tell now, but there is the possibility TJ isnt the right man for the job. Look at his INTs. They aernt forced passes where he just missed his receiver. They are almost all balls he just throws up for grabs and hopes someones close. When the WR has a step or 2, the ball is either overthrown or way underthrown.

    In the 2 years he has been with us, I havent seen anything to make me think, this is the guy. This is someone who can move us up in the NFL, so we will be talked about in the same breath as the Colts or Pats.I hate the idea of wasting a season or 2 more on someone who isnt worth it.
    I agree. It's too early to tell. It's easy to discredit his skills by pointing out his misses and interceptions. And he certainly looked bad last game. But you fail to give any credit for the positive aspects of his game. I have seen positive development. Not as fast as some think he should develop.But there is no way to find out if he has what it takes with out giving him the chance.

    So instead of trying to be clever by saying
    I admit its too early to tell now, then contradicting that statement with
    .I hate the idea of wasting a season or 2 more on someone who isnt worth it. ,just come out and say you don't want to give the guy a chance.

    I don't disagree with everything you post like some do. In fact, I enjoy reading your posts.But please tell me what you would do to fix our QB/offense problem.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Have you guys thought that maybe TJ isnt cut out to be a starter in the NFL? Alot of QBs aernt meant to be starters. Some just dont pan out. Have you thought maybe Childress didnt know what he was doing when he drafted him? I admit its too early to tell now, but there is the possibility TJ isnt the right man for the job. Look at his INTs. They aernt forced passes where he just missed his receiver. They are almost all balls he just throws up for grabs and hopes someones close. When the WR has a step or 2, the ball is either overthrown or way underthrown.

    In the 2 years he has been with us, I havent seen anything to make me think, this is the guy. This is someone who can move us up in the NFL, so we will be talked about in the same breath as the Colts or Pats.I hate the idea of wasting a season or 2 more on someone who isnt worth it.
    I agree. It's too early to tell. It's easy to discredit his skills by pointing out his misses and interceptions. And he certainly looked bad last game. But you fail to give any credit for the positive aspects of his game. I have seen positive development. Not as fast as some think he should develop.But there is no way to find out if he has what it takes with out giving him the chance.

    So instead of trying to be clever by saying
    I admit its too early to tell now, then contradicting that statement with

    .I hate the idea of wasting a season or 2 more on someone who isnt worth it. ,just come out and say you don't want to give the guy a chance.

    I don't disagree with everything you post like some do. In fact, I enjoy reading your posts.But please tell me what you would do to fix our QB/offense problem.
    Marrdro sings........

    Did you ever know that your my hero........

    And everything I'd like to be (except a DR of course).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    Why are all our Twin Cities sports columnists Packer fans?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  7. #27
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "ballhog27" wrote:
    Tavaris Jackson's problem is not so much that he isn't a good passer, its the lack of receivers to through it too. I admit that
    the Vikings bumbled again in the draft when they took him as he was projected to go in the 5th round but now that we have him we must at least give him this year and the next to develope. Hopefully if he doesn't pan out it will at least force Vikes officials to fire a certain coach.
    I couldn't agree more.

    And this is pretty much what I've said in my previous posts. Yeah, Jackson looked pretty bad last Sunday against the Detroit Lions. But I seriously doubt Kelly Holcomb will do much better. Our QB's aren't in a position to be sucsessful, it's that simple.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  8. #28
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I hate the idea of a bunch of arm-chair coaches babbling mindlessly about what those who truly know the sport can or can not do.

    =Z=
    ...and, that is exactly why you post on pp.o....just to piss yourself off on an otherwise beautiful day.
    LOL!
    PPO cracks me up
    ;D
    Thanks for all the laughs gentlemen!!!
    (And ladies?)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  9. #29
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    From PFT:
    [size=14pt]TIME FOR JACKSON TO SIT?[/size]

    In the wake of Donovan McNabb's suggestion that black quarterbacks receive more criticism than white quarterbacks, one of the six African-American starting quarterbacks is the target of a media-suggested benching.

    Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune contends that Tarvaris Jackson, a second-round rookie in 2006, isn't ready to play, and that Kelly Holcomb should get the nod.

    It's hard not to agree with Souhan.
    Jackson threw four interceptions in Sunday's loss at Detroit.
    The performance caused his passer rating for the season to plummet to 40.0.

    The problem is that the Vikings otherwise have the tools to contend.
    The offensive line is solid, the running game is above-average, the defense has generated one more touchdown than the offense.
    Throw in an established guy like, say, Donovan McNabb, and the Vikings suddenly are one of the best teams in the conference.

    Holcomb might soon be getting a chance to play, but not because of any decision to yank Jackson.
    A groin injury suffered late in Sunday's loss has left him hobbled.

    The question then will be whether Jackson's groin will remain injured (even if it really has healed), if Holcomb can light it up like he did several years ago in Cleveland.

    The challenge for coach Brad Childress is to realize that the NFC is nearly as evenly-matched as a coin flip between identical twins, and that he could take his team several steps forward if he can find a way to get Jackson to take a seat.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  10. #30
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Two games in and it's clear: Jackson isn't ready for this

    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    Tavaris Jackson's problem is not so much that he isn't a good passer, its the lack of receivers to through it too. I admit that
    the Vikings bumbled again in the draft when they took him as he was projected to go in the 5th round but now that we have him we must at least give him this year and the next to develope. Hopefully if he doesn't pan out it will at least force Vikes officials to fire a certain coach.
    I couldn't agree more.

    And this is pretty much what I've said in my previous posts. Yeah, Jackson looked pretty bad last Sunday against the Detroit Lions. But I seriously doubt Kelly Holcomb will do much better. Our QB's aren't in a position to be sucsessful, it's that simple.
    If Kelly Holcomb (who I am NOT advocating starts this weekend unless Tarvaris is hurt) just doesn't toss balls back across his body into multiple DBs he's already more effective than TJack.
    He hurt himself more than any poor WR stuff by making careless throws when he should have taken a sack or tossed it away.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If Jackson can't go, Frerotte will be ready
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
  2. Ready, or not? Jackson acting like a starting QB for Vikings
    By mblack76 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
  3. Ready or not. Tarvaris Jackson definitly is.
    By Justin_Jgh in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
  4. MOVED: Ready, or not? Jackson acting like a starting QB for Vikings
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:10 PM
  5. Untested Jackson ready for scrutiny, challenge of taking over as Vikings QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •