wtf why cant the vikes get one
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Twins & Gophers will get their stadiums

"singersp" wrote:
    I guess those should be 1st priorities.
    And hopefully by the time I've got all that together I'll be able to see a Vikes game at Northern Lights instead of at the Metrodome!

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

A thought just occured to me. (Yeah, I get one from time ta time, but dey are usually bad ones.)

What if, just what if, Zygi wants ta move da Vikes to L.A.? He's made a prop to da local gov., an now dat dey have turned him down, he can say, "Well, I tried. Now I'm movin' da team." L.A. would do anyting ta get a team, an' da commish would do anyting ta help 'em, y'know? Zygi could get ANY deal dat he wants, y'know?

I dunno.... mebbe I'm fulla prunes on dis one. I tink I been in stir too long. I hopes I'm wrong, but da president has been set before, y'know? Da Minnesota Lakers moved to L.A. Could da Vikes be da next team ta follow?

Los Angeles Vikings don't sound dat bad ta me... I guess.... :???:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Muggsy" wrote:
    A thought just occured to me. (Yeah, I get one from time ta time, but dey are usually bad ones.)

What if, just what if, Zygi wants ta move da Vikes to L.A.? He's made a prop to da local gov., an now dat dey have turned him down, he can say, "Well, I tried. Now I'm movin' da team." L.A. would do anyting ta get a team, an' da commish would do anyting ta help 'em, y'know? Zygi could get ANY deal dat he wants, y'know?

I dunno.... mebbe I'm fulla prunes on dis one. I tink I been in stir too long. I hopes I'm wrong, but da president has been set before, y'know? Da Minnesota Lakers moved to L.A. Could da Vikes be da next team ta follow?

Won't happen. The Vikings didn't even get their proposal to a vote.. For Zygi to turn around and say "Buh Bye" before even getting a Vikings Stadium Bill on the floor of the House would be stupid and illogical.

Y'all need to calm down and think rationally about this. There is nothing Zygi can do now beyond get the proposals in order, something which WAS NOT done before. The amount of last-minute changes made to the previous Bill proves that the Vikings WERE NOT READY to have the Bill go to the legislative floor to be voted on. In the next legislative session (which is the Autumn isn't it?) they will be.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

"Benet" wrote:
    "Muggsy" wrote:

Won't happen. The Vikings didn't even get their proposal to a vote.. For Zygi to turn around and say "Buh Bye" before even getting a Vikings Stadium Bill on the floor of the House would be stupid and illogical.

Y'all need to calm down and think rationally about this. There is nothing Zygi can do now beyond get the proposals in order, something which WAS NOT done before. The amount of last-minute changes made to the previous Bill proves that the Vikings WERE NOT READY to have the Bill go to the legislative floor to be voted on. In the next legislative session (which is the Autumn isn't it?) they will be.
    Y'all?? Youse must be in SOUTHERN England, y'know? :smile:

Yeah, I'm all turned inside out by dis, y'know? And I am looking too much at da sour side of tings. I just dunno why we gots ta wait a whole year ta find out if we gets a stadium, y'know? Someone fill me in on dis, ok?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

It will take between 3 and 4 years to build a new stadium. The legislature will have to pass it by this time next year or their time will run out. In order for Wilf to meet the 2011 deadline for leaving the Dome he IMO will have to start exploring other venues like LA within 6 months. MN better get its act together because believe me other cities are willing to offer a hell of a lot more to get a football franchise.

WWBGD

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes better hurry up because L.A. has approved the renoation of the colleseum.

L.A. to spend $25M near Coliseum to lure NFL team
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2451465

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Vikes better hurry up because L.A. has approved the renoation of the colleseum.

L.A. to spend $25M near Coliseum to lure NFL team
    http//sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2451465
    I think they will try and get the Chargers first since San Diego won't build them a place but I am worried. If a 500 million dollar stadium barely passed 34-32 in the senate what does that mean for a far more costly Vikings project?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

bmc342 is offline Waterboy

all in all i'm happy. of course it's a bummer that they didn't get all three stadiums passed, but at least the Twins and Gophers are out of the way. all along most people have said the Vikings were 3rd in line anyway, now they are 1st. i really don't think the legislature shot them down. i just think the senate screwed up the Twins' bill so much that they didn't have time to pass the Vikings' while they were sorting out the Twins. at least it didn't go to a full vote and get shot down that way. plus, the legislature left the door wide open for next year. so, hopefully they can approve the Vikings' new stadium without too much trouble. the only thing i'm worried about is the Vikings losing all their momentum. some congressmen may think that we got two done last year, that's enough. hopefully not though, we'll see.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Twins, Gopher stadium bills move into scoring position

"singersp" wrote:
    LOCATION: Minneapolis Warehouse District, on a current parking lot behind the Target Center.
    :scratch: Isn't that Rapid Park?
    Nooo :sad:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast