Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that his helmet looked a lot smaller? He didn't look like a bobblehead any more.
    ;D

    Anyways.. that one handed grab was beautiful. He looked like the guy we drafted yesterday. Maybe he can get back into the lineup with a chip on his shoulder.
    I noticed that he is wearing a different helmet now and he threw the visor on.
    I don't know how long he has had this stuff because I haven't seen a game in a few weeks.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

  2. #12
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,818

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    sometimes its easier to catch a poorly thrown pass than a good one. someone like him might feel more pressure when the ball is placed well he knows he should catch it and screws it up. a poorly thrown pass he has to play off of instincts and totally forgets the pressure because of the difficulty of trying to adjust to the pass.

    if a WR can catch the tough one thats a great sign beacuse they can catch the good ones too with practice and coaching.

    I listened to the game on the radio so i dont know how "great" these catches were and how hard they were to grab but looking at the box score his longest was only 9 yards so im still very unsure of T-Will. in my mind he is still a bust until he really proves me and most others wrong.
    It's because he had to catch the passes with his HANDS!!!

    The easy passes he tries to cradle with his arms and chest...as soon as he learns that you catch ALL passes with his HANDS, he will be just fine!
    You ever see Cris Carter catch passes using anything but his hands...THAT is the secret!!!
    ;D
    Especially with Brad Johnson's velocity.
    Use your hands and good things will happen (still a lot of NFL receivers have a hard time with this concept).
    Keep him at #3 or #4 until/if he shows he can catch the ball in critical times, but I think you have to continue to keep him or Bethel involved.


    I appreciate Childress giving Troy a couple short patterns and not giving up on him.
    Especially in a Detroit game with a
    lead and little pressure.
    Even though they weren't game changers, it gives Troy a chance to start believing in himself a bit again.
    Give the boy a couple layups before asking him to shoot the 3's if it gets his confidence going.
    Got to work with what you've got.



  3. #13
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    I was very happy to see T-Will catch three difficult passes and I am hoping that he is building a little confidence so that he can become the threat he was the first couple of weeks this year. T-Will stepping up could be the difference down the stretch and be a factor in us making a playoff push

  4. #14
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that his helmet looked a lot smaller? He didn't look like a bobblehead any more.
    ;D

    Anyways.. that one handed grab was beautiful. He looked like the guy we drafted yesterday. Maybe he can get back into the lineup with a chip on his shoulder.
    I noticed that he is wearing a different helmet now and he threw the visor on.
    I don't know how long he has had this stuff because I haven't seen a game in a few weeks.

    He has a different face mask that is smaller becasue he is wearing the visor and it doesn't fit with the previous face ask he was using, he had the visor put on when he got punched in the eye at Sharper's party.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    Maybe that punch realined his hand-eye coordination.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    67

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Maybe that punch realined his hand-eye coordination.
    if thats all he needed we should of decked him a month and a half ago.

  7. #17
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "darkmage2012" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Maybe that punch realined his hand-eye coordination.
    if thats all he needed we should of decked him a month and a half ago.
    Make that 2 and half months ago.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #18
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    sometimes its easier to catch a poorly thrown pass than a good one. someone like him might feel more pressure when the ball is placed well he knows he should catch it and screws it up. a poorly thrown pass he has to play off of instincts and totally forgets the pressure because of the difficulty of trying to adjust to the pass.

    if a WR can catch the tough one thats a great sign beacuse they can catch the good ones too with practice and coaching.

    I listened to the game on the radio so i dont know how "great" these catches were and how hard they were to grab but looking at the box score his longest was only 9 yards so im still very unsure of T-Will. in my mind he is still a bust until he really proves me and most others wrong.
    It's because he had to catch the passes with his HANDS!!!

    The easy passes he tries to cradle with his arms and chest...as soon as he learns that you catch ALL passes with his HANDS, he will be just fine!
    You ever see Cris Carter catch passes using anything but his hands...THAT is the secret!!!
    ;D
    Agree 100%, the first past to him was high & he still went up to catch it with his chest.
    I heard the smack when it hit his shoulder pads.
    That is a great way to drop a pass.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

  9. #19
    gr8vike's Avatar
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    509

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Maybe that punch realined his hand-eye coordination.
    Sometimes you need a good punch in the face to get motivated! ;D

    Thanks PPE for the Sig

    Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

  10. #20
    ArmsExchange is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10

    Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

    Anyone got a pic of the new helmet/visor?
    Didn't KRob wear one too?
    I wonder if he has to stop wearing it after his eye heals?
    I hope not, he's catching with the visor...that will play in his mind.
    Raising 2 new Purple Faithful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. TWill pic
    By cogitans in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 03:01 AM
  2. MOVED: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)
    By Ltrey33 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 03:13 PM
  3. TWill to Packers!
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
  4. I'll Take Nap Harris and TWill over Moss
    By MaxVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
  5. sig for twill
    By Lotza in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 05:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •