Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

Mr Sure Hands, HaHa. It was nice to see him catch the ball for a change. Three passes thrown his way, three catches. I think. Thats all I seen anyway. Maybe that will get some confidence back in him and the coaches, until he droppes the next one.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: TWill (Mr. Sure Hands)

What I noticed about those three catches were that they were ALL bad throws! The two out routs were thrown really high, but he went up and snagged them. The crossing route was overthrown and he did a one hand grab and run. I was very happy for him. I think moving him to #3 or #4 WR gives the guy some confidence because the expectations are lower and that helps him.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

sometimes its easier to catch a poorly thrown pass than a good one. someone like him might feel more pressure when the ball is placed well he knows he should catch it and screws it up. a poorly thrown pass he has to play off of instincts and totally forgets the pressure because of the difficulty of trying to adjust to the pass.

if a WR can catch the tough one thats a great sign beacuse they can catch the good ones too with practice and coaching.

I listened to the game on the radio so i dont know how "great" these catches were and how hard they were to grab but looking at the box score his longest was only 9 yards so im still very unsure of T-Will. in my mind he is still a bust until he really proves me and most others wrong.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

he did his job today..

and is going to need to keep on doing it if we want some extra games this year after december.

i'll give the guy until the end of the year to make my final judgement
    i m better than you, so just give up...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Did anyone else notice that his helmet looked a lot smaller? He didn't look like a bobblehead any more.
    ;D

Anyways.. that one handed grab was beautiful. He looked like the guy we drafted yesterday. Maybe he can get back into the lineup with a chip on his shoulder.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that his helmet looked a lot smaller? He didn't look like a bobblehead any more.
    ;D

Anyways.. that one handed grab was beautiful. He looked like the guy we drafted yesterday. Maybe he can get back into the lineup with a chip on his shoulder.
    I think sitting him on the bench for a few games made the swelling in his head go down.
    Maybe that is just what he needed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Acumen" wrote:
    ;D

I think sitting him on the bench for a few games made the swelling in his head go down.
    Maybe that is just what he needed.
    that could very well be it acu, i think his head did shrink a tad. i was listening to the vikings radio and they said something about him having a bad face mask. something about him not being able to see some angles, they figured that might be one of the reasons for some of his drops, im not sure, i didn't look at his face mask that close, but they might have given him a different facemask/helmet, not saying that is the reason he actually caught balls, but they reason his helmet is smaller.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Big" wrote:
    What I noticed about those three catches were that they were ALL bad throws! The two out routs were thrown really high, but he went up and snagged them. The crossing route was overthrown and he did a one hand grab and run. I was very happy for him. I think moving him to #3 or #4 WR gives the guy some confidence because the expectations are lower and that helps him.
    the last one i know was a bad throw, but at least one of his other throws i know he meant to throw it high so the defender had no chance, i didn't see the other throw

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"cyviking" wrote:
    sometimes its easier to catch a poorly thrown pass than a good one. someone like him might feel more pressure when the ball is placed well he knows he should catch it and screws it up. a poorly thrown pass he has to play off of instincts and totally forgets the pressure because of the difficulty of trying to adjust to the pass.

if a WR can catch the tough one thats a great sign beacuse they can catch the good ones too with practice and coaching.

I listened to the game on the radio so i dont know how "great" these catches were and how hard they were to grab but looking at the box score his longest was only 9 yards so im still very unsure of T-Will. in my mind he is still a bust until he really proves me and most others wrong.
    It's because he had to catch the passes with his HANDS!!!

The easy passes he tries to cradle with his arms and chest...as soon as he learns that you catch ALL passes with his HANDS, he will be just fine!
    You ever see Cris Carter catch passes using anything but his hands...THAT is the secret!!!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

;D

ROTF!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast