Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    I read that article a few days ago and I think it's a strange argument Powers makes. He's saying Ponder shouldn't be on the roster because the coaches might see good things and be tempted to play him. I'll go out on a limb and say they know what they're talking about a hell of a lot more than Tom Powers. I just don't see why you cut him when you're already on the hook for pretty much his whole salary. No, he shouldn’t be the starter…but do we suddenly think we’ll be 2-3 deep with QB’s who should be?

I want them to get the BEST young QB they can, but hear me out here....IF they don't bring someone in via trade or draft a QB high, it might make more sense to let Ponder compete with one or two rookies than giving Cassell the money he wants to come back and start. First, it's more cap room to pay those coveted defensive FA's. Second, and I honestly believe this, Ponder's upside is better than Cassel's. We’ve seen it...problem is he’s so inconsistent and his bad is TERRIBLE. He's still young though, and coaching and scheme could realistically help. If not, go get em rook. For what it'd cost I just don't think Cassel brings that much

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    (null)
    Good argument.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Mike Zimmer Informed Christian Ponder of Team's QB Plans - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

LMFAO Previously, Ponder indicated that if he wasn’t going to start in Minnesota, he wanted
    out.

Cant say he doesnt have a sense of humor..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Zimmer has made it clear that if Ponder wants to start for the Vikings, he’ll have to earn it.

Something of a reversal from the attitude of previous head coaches, who were always so eager to name a starting quarterback well ahead of the season.

I guess Zimmer doesn’t believe in serving out starting jobs to guys who haven’t earned it yet. What a novel concept.
    But, but it was a great idea to name Ponder the starter way before the season started so he didn't have to be looking over his shoulder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    But, but it was a great idea to name Ponder the starter way before the season started so he didn't have to be looking over his shoulder.
    no choice when he is the only QB on the roster right now..haha, him being named really doesnt mean squat!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234