Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Turner will give Ponder his shot to stick with Vikings

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Sets the NFL standard for poise in the pocket. Outstanding pre-snap reads. Always sees the blitz coming. Sees the entire field. Able to go through all of his progressions. Elite accuracy and an absolute cannon for an arm. May have the best fake hand off in the history of play action.
    These characteristics make Ponder the obvious choice for Norv and the Vikings.
    I have a pretty high fever. I think I better go lay down !
    Sid needs to retire.

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    I wouldn't get too worried. Why would Turner do anything but express a little optimism for the only QB on the roster?

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Turner will give Ponder his shot to stick with Vikings

Turner knows his QB but they will still bring in more QB's to compete for tha starting role, and use that 1st round pick on defense

Hartman is a lunatic, he needs to go out to pasture.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Sets the NFL standard for poise in the pocket. Outstanding pre-snap reads. Always sees the blitz coming. Sees the entire field. Able to go through all of his progressions. Elite accuracy and an absolute cannon for an arm. May have the best fake hand off in the history of play action.
    These characteristics make Ponder the obvious choice for Norv and the Vikings.
    I have a pretty high fever. I think I better go lay down !
    Sid needs to retire.
    Top notch smegma. You got quite a chuckle out of me.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner said QB Christian Ponder will be given a legitimate shot to win the starting quarterback job. "I've been impressed with Christian and the things he does in terms of his movement," Turner said. "He moves extremely well on the run. He's made a lot of big plays. The starting point with any quarterback to me is eliminating those (bad) plays. That would be one of our starting points."
    Vikings | Christian Ponder has chance to win starting job - NFL Hot off the Wire

Who's loving them some Norv right about now?

After all, he did do great things with Weeden last year.

.......Oh wait!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Vikings | Christian Ponder has chance to win starting job - NFL Hot off the Wire

.......Oh wait!
    He got some good things out of Hoyer and Campbell, though. At a certain point, the fault has to rest with the player and not the coach.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

.......Oh wait!
    Norv would have to be blind to think Ponder has a legitimate chance to start. I'm looking for something positive in the off season. So I'm loving me some Norv right now. Put me on that list. I liked what Norv had to say.
    I guess T-Jack should have had several seasons in Minnesota before anyone went negative on him, but Norv doesn't even get a single game!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    When you have been a starting qb for parts of the last 3 years... and the best thing he can come up with is how mobile you are... (no he's not talking about RG3 or Mike Vick) and not your accuracy, decision making, poise in the pocket, arm strength or anticipation... then you have a serious problem... He also said eliminating bad mistakes is an issue... if anybody can fix Ponder it would be Norv.. but I'm certain I don't want him to.. can't polish a turd!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast