Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Tues Morn Rumor Mill

"mvikes84" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    Even if Daunte does come back, he would not be the scrambler he once was. Look at his problems earlier this season with tendonitis... Daunte as a pocket passer is nowhere near as effective as Daunte the scrambler.

Without his legs, Daunte is a 2nd string QB at best... maybe we should draft Leinhart and start grooming him?

I'm grateful for the memories Daunte has given us, but at some point you have to face reality and move on.
    I couldn't agree more.
    What reality is that? People have made successful recoveries, why can't he?

I do not think we should leave him for dead.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think Pep will be fine.. Look at how Willis is tearing it up.. And Pep will still be able to run guys.. Alot of it has to do with him being really big.. he isn't all that fast just hard to take down..

Don't take Leinhart if we are able to.. Pep isn't/wasn't our problem.. Surround him with talent and a line and we will be good.. Bush for the vikes!

Guruzen is offline Starter

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think Pep will be fine.. Look at how Willis is tearing it up.. And Pep will still be able to run guys.. Alot of it has to do with him being really big.. he isn't all that fast just hard to take down..

Don't take Leinhart if we are able to.. Pep isn't/wasn't our problem.. Surround him with talent and a line and we will be good.. Bush for the vikes!
    Willis was what... 20 when he got that injury? Daunte is 28 years old. I am the same age and I can tell you injuries heal a lot slower and they linger at this age.

I admit I'm probably a little premature with suggesting Leinhart... I'd like to see DC come back as the starter and BJ is a dependable starting QB in the meantime. Bush will be our next "freak" and would make an immediate impact. However, I have a gut feel our #1 next year will again be on defense.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah.. But Pep is strong.. And doesn't nessisarilly (sp) need all of his strength in his leg.. As long as his leg heals decent.. And he still has his frame and his arm we should be pretty good.. Ton-Fon.. Birk.. And Marcus Johnson maybe might help.. Bring Bush in!

Sorry to get off topic by the way...

I want us to take a chance at Quincy Carter possibly

Guruzen is offline Starter

Oh yeah... back to the topic! I think Carter was a little hard done by in Dallas, being dumped after a 10-6 playoff year for Testaverde. I'm a little surprised he didn't go on to start elsewhere cos he's got some skills!

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Oh yeah... back to the topic! I think Carter was a little hard done by in Dallas, being dumped after a 10-6 playoff year for Testaverde. I'm a little surprised he didn't go on to start elsewhere cos he's got some skills!
    Yes but he screwed up in New York also...........

WW84D is offline Training Camp

"Big C" wrote:
    We're looking for a starter for next year (since Dante is questionable for next season) and a backup for this year (competition for Hill).

Hill will be leaving with Tice. There Maryland Terp buddies....yuck!

BTW

The only places we should be looking for QB's are at USC & Texas

Even if we got a QB, the new one will end up just like Pep because We can't block ANYTHING!
    Sky rockets in flight....AFTERNOON DELIGHT!!!!

Get couch. He played behind a horible o line in clev. not to mention an overall crappy team. And in Green Bay he was given a daunting task of learning the most complex system (in the NFL) injust a couple short weeks. He is an excellent 2nd or 3rd string QB.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

idk if you ever herd of this guy...damn let me think of his name.....oh ya willis mcgahee....who had basicaly the SAME injury culpepper has suffered...and correct me if im wrong, but mcgahee is pretty damn good. SIT DOWN with the culpepper wont return...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

SamDawg84 Guest

hey danny im built bigger than u and have fun at the kmk councert... i have to go to gay meeting

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast