Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    GB will be tough to beat this year. This may be their best team in many years.
    agreed.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    The only teams on the schedule I worry about right now are Pittsburgh, New York, Carolina, and Baltimore.
    And depending upon how well the Offense meshes, even they might not be issues.

New York gets downgraded due to their lack of receiving threats, and Carolina gets an asterisk because you never know which Carolina team will show up.
    That leaves the Steelers and the Ravens, and I worry only about their Defenses.
    If we can crack them, the sky is the limit.

I don't worry about Arizona because I still don't think they're for real.
    And I don't sweat Green Bay because an impressive Pre-Season seldom translates to an impressive season.
    I think they'll place 2nd in the Division, but more because Chicago will be bad and Detroit will be worse than because of their over-hyped 3-4 transition.

Chicago and Detroit I just covered above.
    Seattle, they're fading.
    St. Louis, San Fran, Cincinnatti, Cleveland...please.
    There are so many issues on all of those teams.

IMHO, I believe that 11-5 is the WORST we will do (barring devestating injuries), and actually like us to go 13-3/14-2.

I also don't see us fading.
    I am hoping that, for the first time in history, we will begin peaking as a TEAM in December, and I attribute our fast start to weaker opponents.

Caine

You are giving us too much credit. Several of the team you discounted are in good position to give us a run for our money. I don't think the Bears and GB are easy sweeps like you think. That's four games that can swing either way. Then there are the games each season that we leave on the board. An example of this is the Colts game last season.
    I agree... Rodgers has looked great this preseason. I'm really concerned about GB.
    +3

You must have forgotten who our coach is.
    Even with all the talent in the world it is hard to guarantee victories when your coach doesn't have the killer instinct.
    I believe we are all in for a nice big change, in the way we see Chilly run this offense this season.
    I believe he has never had any great confidence in his past QB's, therefore he held back on opening the play book.
    He did open the book somewhat with our 3rd game last year, when Gus relieved TJ of duty, and I for one noticed a nice difference in our O's play.

I believe with Brett at the helm, Chilly will be more at ease and open the book more than he ever has.
    Maybe not so much in games 1 or 2, but by game 3 and the GB Monday nighter, I expect our O to show us all, just how good a coach Chilly really can be.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    agreed.
    They may look good in the pre season but that has been against two completely shit teams and the third against a team that is lacking (even though they made it to the super bowl last year). Rodgers has looked good, but let's remember people that has been against very bland defenses running no schemes or blitzing. Also, their new 3-4 defense, who knows how that will go for them this year. Same thing, they may have looked good at times, but, that is when nobody is throwing real offensive schemes at them. It is all bland offense. I'm not saying they won't be good, but I think we have a very talented team especially on the defensive side, and they've already proven that the only way they can stop AD is by injuring him, the other 3 games he's really had his way with the cheesedicks. We'll be ok, even with an old saggy balled quarterback at the helm.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Yeah. And I don't think that is a coincidence. This could be Favre's "come around" for the "go around" he gave the Packers for several years.

You know, what goes around, comes around.
    :

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    What is the big differerence from past years teams....Leadership
    That is what is keeping me optimistic.

porplepop is offline Training Camp

"Caine" wrote:
    The only teams on the schedule I worry about right now are Pittsburgh, New York, Carolina, and Baltimore.

New York gets downgraded due to their lack of receiving threats, and Carolina gets an asterisk because you never know which Carolina team will show up.

And I don't sweat Green Bay because an impressive Pre-Season seldom translates to an impressive season.
    I think they'll place 2nd in the Division, but more because Chicago will be bad and Detroit will be worse than because of their over-hyped 3-4 transition.

Seattle, they're fading.

IMHO, I believe that 11-5 is the WORST we will do (barring devestating injuries), and actually like us to go 13-3/14-2.

I am hoping that, for the first time in history, we will begin peaking as a TEAM in December, and I attribute our fast start to weaker opponents.

Caine

LMAO that you don't think that the Cardinals are for real????? are you kidding, they went to Mother of All Battles and almost won over a 13+ point favorite?

You were just funnin' right?
    Glutenous enjoyer of fantasy and football...hoping that one day the two will be joined...

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"porplepop" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Seattle, they're fading.

Caine

LMAO that you don't think that the Cardinals are for real????? are you kidding, they went to Mother of All Battles and almost won over a 13+ point favorite?

Teams that go to the Super Bowl go to crap the next year quite often, actually.
    Usually the losing team, too.
    I don't think the Cards are great by any means, they're okay, I just think they got some real good momentum going during the playoffs.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    agreed.
    They may look good in the pre season but that has been against two completely shit teams and the third against a team that is lacking (even though they made it to the super bowl last year). Rodgers has looked good, but let's remember people that has been against very bland defenses running no schemes or blitzing. Also, their new 3-4 defense, who knows how that will go for them this year. Same thing, they may have looked good at times, but, that is when nobody is throwing real offensive schemes at them. It is all bland offense. I'm not saying they won't be good, but I think we have a very talented team especially on the defensive side, and they've already proven that the only way they can stop AD is by injuring him, the other 3 games he's really had his way with the cheesedicks. We'll be ok, even with an old saggy balled quarterback at the helm.
    Yes, That may be true. However, Cleveland did look pretty good this weekend on offense and you also have to consider that our offense has faced KC and Indy. KC is on the level of Cleveland and our offense didn't light them up near as much as what GB has.

In the end I still feel we have a deeper roster and should beat GB, But they will be no pushover and we will have to bring the "A" game to win.

IMissCris is offline Rookie

"Snowbowler" wrote:
    "porplepop" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Seattle, they're fading.

Caine

Teams that go to the Super Bowl go to crap the next year quite often, actually.
    Usually the losing team, too.
    I don't think the Cards are great by any means, they're okay, I just think they got some real good momentum going during the playoffs.
    +1.....mainly because, despite their run in the playoffs, when I think of the Cardinals, I think of us kicking the crap out of them like we did in Week 14 or 15 or whenever it was last year (in AZ, no less). 28-0 heading into the half, if i recall correctly?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The cardinals are frauds.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast