Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    http://gnb.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=893010


    The Sporting News predicts the Vikings will get off to one of the strongest starts in franchise history, then fade at the finish. A sidebar indicates they have the talent to get it done with 11 “all-division” players.

  2. #2
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    The only teams on the schedule I worry about right now are Pittsburgh, New York, Carolina, and Baltimore.
    And depending upon how well the Offense meshes, even they might not be issues.

    New York gets downgraded due to their lack of receiving threats, and Carolina gets an asterisk because you never know which Carolina team will show up.
    That leaves the Steelers and the Ravens, and I worry only about their Defenses.
    If we can crack them, the sky is the limit.

    I don't worry about Arizona because I still don't think they're for real.
    And I don't sweat Green Bay because an impressive Pre-Season seldom translates to an impressive season.
    I think they'll place 2nd in the Division, but more because Chicago will be bad and Detroit will be worse than because of their over-hyped 3-4 transition.

    Chicago and Detroit I just covered above.
    Seattle, they're fading.
    St. Louis, San Fran, Cincinnatti, Cleveland...please.
    There are so many issues on all of those teams.

    IMHO, I believe that 11-5 is the WORST we will do (barring devestating injuries), and actually like us to go 13-3/14-2.


    I also don't see us fading.
    I am hoping that, for the first time in history, we will begin peaking as a TEAM in December, and I attribute our fast start to weaker opponents.

    Caine


  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    "Caine" wrote:
    The only teams on the schedule I worry about right now are Pittsburgh, New York, Carolina, and Baltimore.
    And depending upon how well the Offense meshes, even they might not be issues.

    New York gets downgraded due to their lack of receiving threats, and Carolina gets an asterisk because you never know which Carolina team will show up.
    That leaves the Steelers and the Ravens, and I worry only about their Defenses.
    If we can crack them, the sky is the limit.

    I don't worry about Arizona because I still don't think they're for real.
    And I don't sweat Green Bay because an impressive Pre-Season seldom translates to an impressive season.
    I think they'll place 2nd in the Division, but more because Chicago will be bad and Detroit will be worse than because of their over-hyped 3-4 transition.

    Chicago and Detroit I just covered above.
    Seattle, they're fading.
    St. Louis, San Fran, Cincinnatti, Cleveland...please.
    There are so many issues on all of those teams.

    IMHO, I believe that 11-5 is the WORST we will do (barring devestating injuries), and actually like us to go 13-3/14-2.


    I also don't see us fading.
    I am hoping that, for the first time in history, we will begin peaking as a TEAM in December, and I attribute our fast start to weaker opponents.

    Caine

    You are giving us too much credit. Several of the team you discounted are in good position to give us a run for our money. I don't think the Bears and GB are easy sweeps like you think. That's four games that can swing either way. Then there are the games each season that we leave on the board. An example of this is the Colts game last season.

  4. #4
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    What is the big differerence from past years teams....Leadership

    I think Favre brings a leadership to our offense, and a confidence, that keeps us going strong, and gives us W's in games that we left on the board last year.
    Does anyone here believe for one second we lose against Indy with Favre at the helm?

    I don't want to take away anything from anyone else, but we have really lacked QB leadership.
    I also thing Favre pushes Chilly and Bevel to open things up a bit.

    I see us pushing deep into the playoffs

  5. #5
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    The only teams on the schedule I worry about right now are Pittsburgh, New York, Carolina, and Baltimore.
    And depending upon how well the Offense meshes, even they might not be issues.

    New York gets downgraded due to their lack of receiving threats, and Carolina gets an asterisk because you never know which Carolina team will show up.
    That leaves the Steelers and the Ravens, and I worry only about their Defenses.
    If we can crack them, the sky is the limit.

    I don't worry about Arizona because I still don't think they're for real.
    And I don't sweat Green Bay because an impressive Pre-Season seldom translates to an impressive season.
    I think they'll place 2nd in the Division, but more because Chicago will be bad and Detroit will be worse than because of their over-hyped 3-4 transition.

    Chicago and Detroit I just covered above.
    Seattle, they're fading.
    St. Louis, San Fran, Cincinnatti, Cleveland...please.
    There are so many issues on all of those teams.

    IMHO, I believe that 11-5 is the WORST we will do (barring devestating injuries), and actually like us to go 13-3/14-2.


    I also don't see us fading.
    I am hoping that, for the first time in history, we will begin peaking as a TEAM in December, and I attribute our fast start to weaker opponents.

    Caine

    You are giving us too much credit. Several of the team you discounted are in good position to give us a run for our money. I don't think the Bears and GB are easy sweeps like you think. That's four games that can swing either way. Then there are the games each season that we leave on the board. An example of this is the Colts game last season.
    I agree... Rodgers has looked great this preseason. I'm really concerned about GB.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  6. #6
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    "Braddock" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    The only teams on the schedule I worry about right now are Pittsburgh, New York, Carolina, and Baltimore.
    And depending upon how well the Offense meshes, even they might not be issues.

    New York gets downgraded due to their lack of receiving threats, and Carolina gets an asterisk because you never know which Carolina team will show up.
    That leaves the Steelers and the Ravens, and I worry only about their Defenses.
    If we can crack them, the sky is the limit.

    I don't worry about Arizona because I still don't think they're for real.
    And I don't sweat Green Bay because an impressive Pre-Season seldom translates to an impressive season.
    I think they'll place 2nd in the Division, but more because Chicago will be bad and Detroit will be worse than because of their over-hyped 3-4 transition.

    Chicago and Detroit I just covered above.
    Seattle, they're fading.
    St. Louis, San Fran, Cincinnatti, Cleveland...please.
    There are so many issues on all of those teams.

    IMHO, I believe that 11-5 is the WORST we will do (barring devestating injuries), and actually like us to go 13-3/14-2.


    I also don't see us fading.
    I am hoping that, for the first time in history, we will begin peaking as a TEAM in December, and I attribute our fast start to weaker opponents.

    Caine

    You are giving us too much credit. Several of the team you discounted are in good position to give us a run for our money. I don't think the Bears and GB are easy sweeps like you think. That's four games that can swing either way. Then there are the games each season that we leave on the board. An example of this is the Colts game last season.
    I agree... Rodgers has looked great this preseason. I'm really concerned about GB.
    +3

    You must have forgotten who our coach is.
    Even with all the talent in the world it is hard to guarantee victories when your coach doesn't have the killer instinct.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  7. #7
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    GB will be tough to beat this year. This may be their best team in many years.

  8. #8
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    IMO, the Ravens, @Steelers, @Packers series before the bye will be the defining games for the Vikes.
    Winning would be great, but I don't think it's really as important as having a good showing.
    There's a difference between being beat by a good opponent and losing because you played crappy.

    The Indy game is a good example, Indy was a good team, but IMO the Vikes lost the game by not being able reach the EZ.

    Whereas, the loss to the Titans, was only due to TO's.
    The rest of the game was well played!
    Especially, when you consider Titans, went on to go 10-0.

    But that also shows you that getting off to a great of a start, can have ill affects too. A 8-0 start could lead to big heads or complacency, whereas, a well played 6-2/5-3 start would keep them confident and HUNGRY going into the bye.

    Key will be to come out of the bye and win the next 3 against Lions, Seahawks, Bears at home.
    Putting themselves in a good playoff position, but not so good as to begin to coast.


    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  9. #9
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    Giants game is home, no?

  10. #10
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: TSN prediction: Vikings start strong, fade

    "Webby" wrote:
    Giants game is home, no?
    Yes!
    I just notice that!
    My mistake!
    Doh!
    I'm editing it!
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings bothered by fourth-quarter fade pattern
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
  2. Vikings team prediction (not a record prediction) part 2
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
  3. Dwight Smith & Darren Sharper - Strong bond, strong safeties
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 06:00 PM
  4. Vikings team prediction (not a record prediction)
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
  5. MOVED: Vikings team prediction (not a record prediction)
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •