Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    VikLloyd is offline Training Camp

Re: Truth & Rumors: 12.26.06

i would totally accept moss back ;D ;D
    T-Jack is a god!!!!!!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

We would be better off, if Moss did return, even with his far less than stellar production in Oakland, you can't argue that we have anything even comparable to him.
    He's far better than Williamson, Taylor, McMullen, etc.

The reason people still want him back, is not because they're crotch sniffers, but WR is arguably our most glaring weakness, and a lot of it traces back to him being traded.
    Pretty much ever since that, our WR's have sucked.
    How many people wished Robert Smith would come out of retirement for a year or two after he retired?
    Or that Cris Carter would have played his last games for us instead of the Dolphins?
    Of course it's of greater proportions, maybe that has something to do with the fact that Moss was essentially the face (whether or not he should have been is debatable) of the franchise for several years, maybe it's because for his first 5 or 6 years, he was basically re-writing the record books at WR, and now we have a bunch of guys that can't get open, and one that can, but he can't catch a pass to save his life.
    I don't think it's Moss crotch-sniffers as much as it is yearning for something better than what we have, and it seems logical and entirely possible that getting Moss back, may be a step towards getting better, at least at WR.

I don't care whether or not we get him back, but you I can't see any logic in arguing against the potential of getting him back for a 3rd round pick.
    Rumor or not, and I remember at one point, "the media" came up with a rumor that Jay Cutler would supplant Plummer as the starter in Denver, and that Tarvaris Jackson would replace Brad Johnson for us.
    I also remember reading "rumors" a couple years ago, that we were going to trade Moss.
    Some rumors are just that, rumors, but some are rumors because they actually indicate that something is about to happen.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

How long would they have to wait to make theis trade? When does trading begin?

Del Rio Guest

"JDogg926" wrote:
    We would be better off, if Moss did return, even with his far less than stellar production in Oakland, you can't argue that we have anything even comparable to him.

The reason people still want him back, is not because they're crotch sniffers, but WR is arguably our most glaring weakness, and a lot of it traces back to him being traded.
    How many people wished Robert Smith would come out of retirement for a year or two after he retired?
    Or that Cris Carter would have played his last games for us instead of the Dolphins?
    Of course it's of greater proportions, maybe that has something to do with the fact that Moss was essentially the face (whether or not he should have been is debatable) of the franchise for several years, maybe it's because for his first 5 or 6 years, he was basically re-writing the record books at WR, and now we have a bunch of guys that can't get open, and one that can, but he can't catch a pass to save his life.
    I don't think it's Moss crotch-sniffers as much as it is yearning for something better than what we have, and it seems logical and entirely possible that getting Moss back, may be a step towards getting better, at least at WR.

I don't care whether or not we get him back, but you I can't see any logic in arguing against the potential of getting him back for a 3rd round pick.
    Rumor or not, and I remember at one point, "the media" came up with a rumor that Jay Cutler would supplant Plummer as the starter in Denver, and that Tarvaris Jackson would replace Brad Johnson for us.
    I also remember reading "rumors" a couple years ago, that we were going to trade Moss.
    Some rumors are just that, rumors, but some are rumors because they actually indicate that something is about to happen.
    For every rumor that came to, there were 50 that didn't. This rumor doesn't even make sense. Childress and Wilf do not tolerate off the field issues, and apparently Childress does not tolerate questioning. Moss has done both, and with his recent comments about his current team I think it is fairly safe to say it is a rumor that will not come true. I also would argue that he wouldn't even help the team, but I'll save that for in two months when there is a thread about it every 5 seconds.

Logic would tell me its not going to happen under this coaching staff. We have seen Childress' actions, why would he treat this situation differently?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I know there are a bunch of people on here who will automatically say "No, he's a cancer and we saw the damage he did when he was here. Why would the same team that traded him want him back anyways". I know that deep down, every person who says that wants to see 'ol Randy back in Minnesota catching the long ball.

Let's actually think about this for a second. First of all, the trade is not out of the question. If Tice and Red were still making moves, I would say no way to moss ever being seen in a vikings uniform again. New owner, new coach, new personnell guy... Who says that they wouldn't want moss here?

a 3rd round pick? Childress would be stupid not to jump all over that IMO. He's been banged up and he clearly has not liked the raiders very much in his time there but a change of scenery can be good and bad for a guy. Did anyone ever think that Randy LIKED minnesota? It's not like he wanted out...

The "childress doesn't like T.O" argument is stupid. T.O. is not randy moss. TO causes a lot more trouble and goes to the media with it right away. He's an attention seeker who likes to cause trouble with his coaches. Randy has the bad side (duh) but he's not quite on the scale that TO is any more.

In the end we probably won't see him here but hey, it's the last week of the season.. can't we have a little fun speculating about things that won't happen? I mean, isn't that our job as football fans?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Hmm, let's do a four second search on Moss and see what the press blurbs have to say about him.

==

Raiders | Week 16 Inactives - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:22:53 -0800

The Oakland Raiders have declared QB Aaron Brooks, OG Brad Badger, OG Corey Hulsey, TE James Adkisson, WR Jerry Porter, RB LaMont Jordan, WR Randy Moss, CB Tyrone Poole inactive for Week 16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders | Week 16 Inactives - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:21:09 -0800

The Oakland Raiders have declared QB Aaron Brooks, OG Brad Badger, OG Corey Hulsey, TE James Adkisson, WR Jerry Porter, RB LaMont Jordan, WR Randy Moss, CB Tyrone Poole inactive for Week 16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders | Moss misses practice Thursday - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:13:53 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) missed practice Thursday, Dec. 21, and will not likely play Week 16. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Raiders | Moss misses practice Wednesday - from www.KFFL.comWed, 20 Dec 2006 21:41:30 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) missed practice Wednesday, Dec. 20, and is not likely to play Week 16. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Raiders | Moss misses practice Tuesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:51:25 -0800

Bill Soliday, of the Oakland Tribune, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) did not practice Tuesday, Dec. 19.

Raiders | Moss questionable for Week 16 - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:37:09 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 16 due to ankle injury.

Raiders | Week 15 Inactives - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:30:25 -0800

The Oakland Raiders have declared OG Corey Hulsey, CB Duane Starks, TE James Adkisson, WR Jerry Porter, RB LaMont Jordan, QB Marques Tuiasosopo, WR Randy Moss, OT Robert Gallery inactive for Week 15.

Raiders | Week 15 Inactives - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:25:46 -0800

The Oakland Raiders have declared OG Corey Hulsey, CB Duane Starks, TE James Adkisson, WR Jerry Porter, RB LaMont Jordan, QB Marques Tuiasosopo, WR Randy Moss, OT Robert Gallery inactive for Week 15.

Raiders | Moss misses practice Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:54:26 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) did not practice Friday, Dec. 15, and will not play in Week 15. Moss is listed as questionable for the game.

Raiders | R. Moss misses practice Thursday - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:46:32 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) missed practice Thursday, Dec. 14, and is unlikely to play Week 15. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Raiders | Moss misses practice Wednesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:40:12 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) missed practice Wednesday, Dec. 13, and has an outside chance of playing Week 15. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Raiders | Moss will be questionable for Week 15 - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:01:04 -0800

Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) is expected to be questionable for the Week 15 game.

Raiders | Moss injured Week 14 - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:13:10 -0800

FOXSports.com reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss (ankle) suffered an ankle injury during the Week 14 game.

Raiders | Moss a frequent target - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:46:35 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss has been the target of 76 of 245 passes (31 percent) this season. Only Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (35 percent) has received a higher percentage of his team's passes.

Raiders | Moss would like a change of scenery - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 18 Nov 2006 06:29:01 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss says he would like to be traded in the offseason. "It's done sort of set in, man, and I'm tired of it," Moss said on his weekly interview with Fox Sports radio. "I might want to look forward to moving somewhere else next year to have another start and really feel good about going out here and playing football."

Raiders | R. Moss gives reason for drops - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:31:32 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.

Patriots | Gabriel would like to see Moss in New England - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:03:52 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots WR Doug Gabriel would like for the team to pursue Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss prior to the NFL's trading deadline Tuesday, Oct. 17. "He'd be a perfect fit in this offense," Gabriel said of Moss. "He loves to work. If Randy were here, every other receiver would want to pick up their games 110 percent. It wouldn't just be a small push. It would be a big push."

Raiders | Moss will not be traded - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:15:17 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss will not be traded during the season.

Raiders | Moss critical of Davis - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:07:18 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss says he no longer seeks out team managing general partner Al Davis in order to voice his displeasure with the organization. "I've had my times the last two years that I went up there," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct.9. "Most of the times I go up there, I'm usually talking to Freddie Biletnikoff, my wide receivers coach. But going up there and voicing my opinion is like going up there and wasting time. I don't even go."

Raiders | Moss lashes out at Long - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 10 Oct 2006 05:41:43 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss was critical of comments made by former Raider Howie Long, who questioned Moss' passion for the game. "For him to take a shot at me and say that I don't have a passion for the game, I love the passion for the game. If I don't have that much passion, you tell his (butt) to come out here and put on some pads on and go at me," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct. 9. "For Howie Long to say something like that is kind of bad because he knows, as a former NFL player, what it takes to get up for a game every Sunday," Moss added. "You got to practice week in and week out. Back in them days, he was probably popping pills and tablets and all that to get them up and going."

Raiders | Moss reaches milestone - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:31:43 -0700

Raiders.com reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss recorded his 100th career touchdown reception in the team's Week 5 game.

Raiders | K. Johnson admits R. Moss' value is diminishing - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 7 Oct 2006 08:22:57 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers WR Keyshawn Johnson says Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss no longer is considered one of the NFL's elite receivers. "Randy Moss wanted out of Minnesota? Oh well," Johnson said. "Four years ago, he was the best wide receiver in the NFL. Now you can't get a pack of gum for him."

Raiders | Moss continues to be critical of team - from www.KFFL.comTue, 3 Oct 2006 07:24:21 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss continues to vent his frustration towards the organization. Moss said during a radio interview Monday, Oct. 2, he is not concerned with the team's struggles this season, as the organization, in Moss' opinion, does not appear committed to winning. "I'm not concerned about football right now," Moss said during the interview. "I'm loving life. I don't see anybody else having a concern, so why should I? There are negative things going on now. I'm not the only one unhappy."

Raiders | A Shell/Moss showdown imminent? - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:54:12 -0700

Gary Peterson, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss and head coach Art Shell appear headed for a collision course, after Moss once again expressed his dissatisfaction with the organization, in particular with Shell, during an ESPN interview. "I think coach Art Shell just has a tight grasp on us, man. Knowing that you're a man, you're a certain age and this man is treating you like kids or a boy or whatnot. I'm not crying, I'm just going on what is brought to my attention. It might be small things like food, or full pads," Moss said during the interview. Shell continues to say he has no problems with the public comments Moss has made recently.

Raiders | Moss critical of team - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 9 Sep 2006 05:13:50 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss has grown frustrated with the direction of the organization. Moss expressed his frustration in a radio interview with Fox Sports Friday, Sept. 8. "It's crazy around here, man," Moss said. "It's something that we're trying to hold on to, man, and, hopefully, Coach Art (Shell) can move us in the right direction, man, so I'm just trying to stay away from all of that stuff this year, like I did last year and, hopefully, we can win some games."

Raiders | Moss' former agent ordered back to jail - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:41:36 -0700

Tom Searls, of the Charleston Gazette, reports former agent Dante DiTrapano has been ordered back to jail, twelve days after being released from a drug treatment program and allowed to go free under home confinement restrictions. He was sent directly to jail by a federal magistrate judge for violating terms of his bond. U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Stanley ordered DiTrapano placed in the hands of U.S. marshals and held in custody until a Tuesday, Sept. 5, bond revocation hearing in Bluefield before Chief U.S. District Judge David Faber. DiTrapano once represented Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss.

Raiders | Brooks and Moss connect for two touchdowns Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:53:36 -0700

The Associated Press reports Oakland Raiders QB Aaron Brooks and WR Randy Moss connected for two touchdown passes Friday, Aug. 25. On the third play from scrimmage, Brooks hit Moss for a 63-yard touchdown catch followed by a 25-yard touchdown reception on the team's third possession. Brooks finished the night 9-of-15 passing for 187 yards with the two touchdown passes to Moss, who ended the game with three catches for 102 yards.

Raiders | Shell won’t tolerate Moss’ outbursts - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:30:23 -0700

Jim Jenkins, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Art Shell said during a teleconference Tuesday, Aug. 15, that he will not tolerate outbursts from WR Randy Moss regarding playing time in the preseason. Moss was critical of Shell for taking Moss out early in the team's preseason game Monday, Aug. 14. "I made a decision to take him out," Shell said. "There was a time for him to play, and the time for him had come and gone. It was time to get him out of there. I don't need to have a conversation about that."

Raiders | Moss sees no progress offensively - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:12:05 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss voiced his displeasure over the offense following a 16-13 preseason victory over the Minnesota Vikings Monday, Aug. 14. "I don't see it," Moss said, when asked if Oakland's offense is making progress. "Hell, no, I don't see it. But what we're doing as far as practice, it seems that way in practice, but when we get to the games, it doesn't seem like we're moving in the right direction."

Raiders | Moss has a frustrating return to Minnesota - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:05:17 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss had a frustrating return to Minnesota Monday evening, Aug. 14. Moss had one catch for 16 yards in his first game at the Metrodome since the Vikings traded him to Oakland before last season. Moss started the night with a feet-stomping tantrum after QB Aaron Brooks didn't see that he was wide open in the end zone. After making his only catch of the game against Vikings' CB Dovonte Edwards in the second quarter, Moss was pulled by head coach Art Shell. Moss stormed off the field and threw his helmet in disgust, stewing on the bench for the rest of the game.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Raiders | Moss looking forward to return - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:47:44 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss is excited about returning to Minnesota to face his former team. "It is going to be something special," Moss said. "Hopefully, the Metrodome will sell out because I'm coming back, but I'm a Raider now. In a certain sense, it is going to be special but, at the same time, I still have a job to do."

Raiders | Moss to play a series versus Philadelphia? - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 5 Aug 2006 11:35:23 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss should see no more than one series of action versus the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, Aug. 6, in the Hall of Fame Game.

Raiders | Moss’ former agent sent to rehab - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:54:45 -0700

Tom Searls, of the Charleston Gazette, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss' former agent, Dante DiTrapano was released from jail on bond Friday, July 28, and sent directly to a drug rehabilitation program. He had been incarcerated for 41 days and pleaded guilty Wednesday, July 26, to being a drug addict in possession of firearms. His sentencing is scheduled for October. Friday's order by the judge sent DiTrapano, 43, to the 28-day in-house substance abuse program at Prestera Center, called PARCWEST, in Huntington, West Virginia.

Raiders | Moss has to jog again - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:19:05 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss was forced to jog again after morning practice Thursday, July 27, because of mental errors he made during practice.

Raiders | DiTrapano pleads guilty - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:25:43 -0700

The Charleston Gazette reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss' former agent Dante DiTrapano pleaded guilty in federal court Wednesday, July 26, to being a drug user in possession of a firearm. DiTrapano and his lawyer persuaded a reluctant U.S. District Judge David Faber to agree to let him out of jail to enter a secured rehabilitation center, possibly as early as Thursday, July 27. DiTrapano told Faber he now realizes the judge's refusal to release him from jail 27 days earlier was for the best. "Frankly, it was a Godsend because I was not ready to be released in 13 days," DiTrapano said.

Raiders | Moss takes punishment lap - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:36:54 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of Inside Bay Area, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss was the lone player to take a "punishment' lap at the conclusion of practice, Tuesday, July 25, probably because he let a QB Aaron Brooks pass bounce off his pass which was intercepted by CB Fabian Washington.

Raiders | Shell believes he can turn team around - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:52:50 -0700

Steve Cockran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders are setting their expectations high. Oakland Raiders head coach Art Shell has a "Why not us?" attitude going into training camp. The Raiders must determine if QB Aaron Brooks is the real deal, receive good offensive line play, figure out the starting linebackers, turn special teams into a strength and get WR Randy Moss more involved.

Raiders | Moss’ former agent to enter guilty plea - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:25:09 -0700

Tom Searls, of the Charleston Gazette, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss' former agent Dante DiTrapano intends to plead guilty to a single drug/gun related charge Wednesday, July 26, in U.S. District Court in Bluefield. He is prepared to enter a guilty plea to being a drug addict in possession of firearms, and will forfeit to the government seven firearms found inside his Charleston residence during an April search, according to federal court filings. DiTrapano's attorney has asked the judge to consider giving DiTrapano home confinement, although federal prosecutors have yet to agree to that.

Raiders | Moss discusses Owens – McNabb feud - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 20 Jul 2006 05:17:00 -0700

The Centre Daily Times reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss put his two cents into the ongoing WR Terrell Owens- QB Donovan McNabb feud in an ESPN radio interview Wednesday, July 19. Moss said Owens was too worried about the money Moss made and said the Eagles quarterback was too worried about losing the spotlight. "McNabb in a certain sense didn't want to share the fame," said Moss on the "Dan Patrick Show." "And I really believe that. And by T.O. putting in his book and coming out of his mouth and saying it, I think it's believable." Moss was puzzled that anyone would want to break up the great Eagles connection of McNabb to Owens. "Any person worrying about the other man's money means you're not focusing on what you need to be focusing on," said Moss.

Raiders | Moss must stay healthy in 2006 - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:02:09 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of the Oakland Tribune, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss must remain healthy in 2006. Moss' primary objective is to return to his 80-catch, 1,400-yard and 15-touchdown glory. Moss silently played through rib, groin and pelvis injuries when he probably should have taken a month off. Based on the four healthy games he played (24.5 yards per catch) it's not unreasonable to expect a return to form in 2006. He's saying the right things in this offseason's radio interviews, granted in part to pump up his smoothie business. But if he gets hurt for the third straight year, expect Moss to be looking for a way out of town and the team to accommodate him.

Raiders | Moss looking to once again be a deep threat - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:28:03 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss says the groin injury that hampered him last season is feeling better, and he believes the healthy legs of QB Aaron Brooks could make him the game's most dangerous deep threat once again. Moss says Brooks' mobility will buy the Raiders' time for him to get deep and catch the 14 or 15 long passes he grew accustomed to with the Minnesota Vikings.

Raiders | Moss wanted to join Atlanta or Baltimore - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:42:02 -0700

MSNBC reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss said in a radio interview Thursday, July 6, that he wanted to be traded to the Atlanta Falcons or Baltimore Ravens when he left the Minnesota Vikings, website BenMaller.com reported, citing 790 The Zone in Atlanta. However, Moss said Falcons owner Arthur Blank told him he didn't want the receiver, the radio station reported. "I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick's elusiveness, and I wanted to play with a guy such as Ray Lewis because he's on defense and I'm on offense," said Moss.

Raiders | Brooks says he can keep his wide receivers happy - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:45:52 -0700

Sports Xchange reports Oakland Raiders QB Aaron Brooks professes no worries regarding his ability to satisfy three ultra-talented but moody receivers in WRs Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry. "My relationship with my receivers has always been a very tight, close-knit relationship," Brooks said. "I've never had problems with my receivers. They do what they're supposed to do and I try and get them the ball. I'm pretty good with players and wonderful with coaches."

Raiders | Offense may try to setup long passes with the run - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:42:50 -0700

Sports Xchange reports Oakland Raiders players say the Raiders' new offense will be heavy on inside running and play-action passing, hammering RB LaMont Jordan inside to set up WR Randy Moss and the team's other wide receivers deep.

Raiders | R. Moss claims he is close to 100 percent - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:18:20 -0700

During an appearance on "The Afternoon Blitz" on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss claimed he is close to 100 percent health after struggling with a groin injury during the 2005 season. Moss said, "I'm pretty back to 100 percent. Last year was so frustrating because I think, with my injury, I could've probably taken a couple of weeks off but I personally had some high hopes for the Raider team to try to have a push for the playoffs to prove the critics wrong. So if people were wondering why I kept playing nicked up, that's the reason why. I wanted to help my team do whatever they can to make a playoff push. I fought through it. I've rehabbed this off-season, trying to get that part of my body, my groin area, a little bit stronger. So I'd say I'm back to almost 100 percent. I'm ready to go."

Raiders | R. Moss discusses playing with A. Brooks - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:17:16 -0700

During an appearance on "The Afternoon Blitz" on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss discussed playing with new Raiders QB Aaron Brooks. Moss said, "I'm really excited about having Aaron Brooks, a little more mobile than Kerry Collins. Taking nothing away from [free agent QB] Kerry Collins, I enjoyed playing with him and I enjoyed learning from and with him but knowing that the team had to move in another direction, bringing a guy like Aaron brooks in, what he's done in his career thus far and having receivers like Donte Stallworth and Joe Horn down there [in New Orleans], then being able to come and work with me, [WRs] Doug Gabriel, Alvis Whitted, Ronald Curry and Jerry Porter, hopefully that's something he can smile about also."

Raiders | Moss’ former agent facing disbarment - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:55:08 -0700

The Associated Press reports the State Bar asked the West Virginia Supreme Court Monday, June 26, to suspend the law license of L. Dante DiTrapano, the jailed former agent for Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss. The Bar's Office of Disciplinary Counsel asked for the trustee and a suspension pending the outcome of ethics allegations stemming from DiTrapano's recent criminal charges. Moss signed an agreement in April designating Charleston lawyer Tim DiPiero his agent.

Raiders | R. Moss missed team's final minicamp - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:59:41 -0700

Steve Corkran, writing for the Sporting News, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss skipped the team's third and final minicamp in early June. The three-day camp was a voluntary one, but head coach Art Shell would've liked to have all his players attend, especially key players such as Moss.

NFL | Moss’ former agent arrested again - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:56:23 -0700

The Associated Press reports Dante DiTrapano was arrested Thursday, June 15, on firearms possessions charges, the latest run-in for the former agent for Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss. DiTrapano appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Stanley, who remanded him to the custody of U.S. marshals. A detention hearing was set for next Tuesday, June 20. DiTrapano had the handguns while he was addicted to a controlled substance, according to a seven-count indictment released Thursday.

Dolphins | Moss says he supports Culpepper - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:55:45 -0700

Sarah Rothschild, of the Miami Herald, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss wants his former teammate, Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper, to "shut his critics up." Moss watched Culpepper's "Love Boat" scandal unfold and his saga with the Vikings unravel from afar. So now, Moss wants Culpepper to find redemption as he starts anew with the Dolphins. "The way everything happened in Minnesota, I really want to see him come out and do what he's supposed to do, and hopefully head coach Nick Saban can get some players around him so he can go out there and do what he needs to do," Moss said. Culpepper and Moss haven't spoken in several months, with their most recent conversation occurring when Oakland was among the teams interested in acquiring Culpepper. Moss said they talked briefly about the Raiders and whether it would be a good fit for Culpepper. Moss also said he and Culpepper remain friends and hopefully will reconnect before the regular season. "We're still cool," Moss said.
    Link of the DayFREE NEWSLETTER
    Your best value - free!
    MLB, NFL and Fantasy Content.
    KFFL can make a Difference!

KFFL E-WIRE

====

Yep, I'm convinced.
    He needs to come back to the Vikings and all their woes are instantly solved.

For the love of god at least think before saying he is a savior.
    He was good when he was with the Vikings and he isn't that good anymore.
    Add in his self-centered immature attitutude and he's the last thing the Vikings need at this point in time.
    Screw Moss.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"Del" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

For every rumor that came to, there were 50 that didn't. This rumor doesn't even make sense. Childress and Wilf do not tolerate off the field issues, and apparently Childress does not tolerate questioning. Moss has done both, and with his recent comments about his current team I think it is fairly safe to say it is a rumor that will not come true. I also would argue that he wouldn't even help the team, but I'll save that for in two months when there is a thread about it every 5 seconds.

Logic would tell me its not going to happen under this coaching staff. We have seen Childress' actions, why would he treat this situation differently?
    See PurplePeopleEater's post.
    Randy is not TO, far from it, aside from some comments that obviously came from a frustrated man, when the last time Moss had an off the field issue.

Also, Randy always said he loved the fans in Minnesota, it was the organization that made him want to leave.
    We now have a different owner, coach, coordinators, etc., etc.

Yes there are a ton of rumors that don't come true, but just about every NFL personnel move is a rumor before it happens.

I don't see how you can think having a receiver that can catch the ball wouldn't help our team, even if it does get us just one more first down a game.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

See PurplePeopleEater's post.
    Randy is not TO, far from it, aside from some comments that obviously came from a frustrated man, when the last time Moss had an off the field issue.

Also, Randy always said he loved the fans in Minnesota, it was the organization that made him want to leave.

Yes there are a ton of rumors that don't come true, but just about every NFL personnel move is a rumor before it happens.

I don't see how you can think having a receiver that can catch the ball wouldn't help our team, even if it does get us just one more first down a game.
    Marcus Robinson isn't TO either and he has never said anything remotely as bad as Randy Moss did this season. Childress still canned him. ZERO tolerance that is something Moss does not fit into.

Him getting along with fans probably plays no factor in him being signed here. It is his inability to get along with the powers that be that will keep him from Minnesota.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Randy always said he loved the fans in Minnesota, it was the organization that made him want to leave.
    This is a great point. There are very few, if any, burned bridges remaining. If we got him, it would help everybody...specificaly tarvaris jackson...but also guys like troy williamson who would have less pressure and more single coverage.

Also, there are NO good receivers in free agency, and the only guy in the draft that would make an immediate impact is calvin johnson who will go 1 or 2 (probably to the raiders). Even though his numbers are very average, he is probably the most physically gifted receiever in the NFL. If a team can get one of the NFL's bets receivers for only a third round pick, then why the hell not?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast