Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The Truth About The 2010 Vikings

Obviously this team has the makings of being very good. They are as deep a team that the Vikings have had since I could remember.

I don't have a crystal ball and everyone knows it takes being good and lucky to make it to and win a superbowl. I have worries every year but at the same time I go into every year thinking this could be the year.

My biggest fear is the OL. I am not sure why this wasn't thoroughly looked at. I like the fact they have continuity but unless some of them start blocking well the continuity means nothing.

McKinnie needs to be able to hold his own on pass protection. Hutch nees to be his old self. Sullivan needs to show growth. Herrera also needs to show growth. I'm excited about Load. I think Load maybe the most solid player on the OL.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I think the Ol will be fine against the run. They all need with the exception of Hutch to pick it up with the pass. Big Mac should be fine unless he goes against an elite speed rusher and then most LT would be in trouble. Hutch had his back surgery so I expect he will be back to this pro bowl self. Sully is just a weakling and needs to get srtonger. He seems to make the right calls now he needs to pass protect. Herrara was also injured last season and should be better, he never was a great pass blocker but is a beast with the run. Loadholt should be even better great run blocker hopefully he has improved his footwork and can pass block better.

If you look at each one individually I think we should be better this year with the OL. Throw in Degeare who is a beast 6' 4" 325 and we have a huge OL. I have high hopes for The rookie he was very talented just overlooked because he chose to sit out a year. I didn't like this pick until I investigated it further, he could be a steal and a great guard for years to come.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

jonboy is offline Waterboy

We got to go back to the run...let brett manage the game and take his shots down field when the opportunity presents itself. I hope that the vikes realize this as i do. Hopefully they have really tuned in and tuned up on their run blocking techniques during this off season and training camp...they were not that good last year at all.
    I also have never liked Bryant Mckinnie. He is way overated and I believe lazy. Had one great year playing for a new contract and now is just lazy. You need to as a tackle, be fierce....punish a defensive end everytime he touches your qb on the next play....really should never allow it...lol, wishful thinking though. But ya gotta have a mean streak in that position above most others...he doesnt have it. And I think his feet are slow. He is key to our sucess and he doesnt have it in him..he might but hes too lazy to go there anymore....just what i think.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jonboy wrote:
    We got to go back to the run...let brett manage the game and take his shots down field when the opportunity presents itself. I hope that the vikes realize this as i do. Hopefully they have really tuned in and tuned up on their run blocking techniques during this off season and training camp...they were not that good last year at all.
    I also have never liked Bryant Mckinnie. He is way overated and I believe lazy. Had one great year playing for a new contract and now is just lazy. You need to as a tackle, be fierce....punish a defensive end everytime he touches your qb on the next play....really should never allow it...lol, wishful thinking though. But ya gotta have a mean streak in that position above most others...he doesnt have it. And I think his feet are slow. He is key to our sucess and he doesnt have it in him..he might but hes too lazy to go there anymore....just what i think.
    Check out our McKinnie thread. You'll probably enjoy it.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

If Farve duplicates last years performance or something of that nature, we can win a championship. This time clinch HOME FIELD!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234