Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:The Truth About The 2010 Vikings

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Sounds like you are saying they shot their wad last year.
    I've had that feeling as well. Hope I'm wrong.
    Me three.

I'm just strongly hoping I"m wrong. The pieces don't seem in place this year. I've got a bad, bad feeling. Again...just hoping I'm wrong.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

skum wrote:
    Adrian wont have a MVP type season in an offense with Favre at QB due to the larger amount of pass plays and the fact that he might be trying to hard in his reduced amount of oppotunities to do something big.
    Yep..

The bad news is Adrian Peterson might not win an MVP award for himself. The good news is Brett Favre is on our team and he is our only shot at a championship. I'll take the shot at a championship over a Peterson MVP award...but to each his own.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

faninphx wrote:
    Marstc09, if you could get that picture of Brett Farve saying "I'm Back, Bitches" on a t-shirt you'd be a millionaire. LOL!
    I think it is a t-shirt. If I could get the original file I could make them. Since you are in Phoenix I could even get you one. BTW where do you watch the games? Have you ever been to Four Peaks Brewery? Some one with photoshop skills should recreate the file!

Edit: Here is someone selling it.

http://www.sexypimp.com/p16/I&%2339m-Back-Bitches-Brett-Favre-Returns-T-shirt/product_info.html

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Me three.

I'm just strongly hoping I"m wrong. The pieces don't seem in place this year. I've got a bad, bad feeling. Again...just hoping I'm wrong.

Me Four

I'm not as confident as others

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

V4L wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Me three.

Me Four

I'm not as confident as others
    I'm there with you guys. Hope wwe can make magic this year though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

blair59 wrote:
    ChesterTheMolester wrote:

3. Here is something to think about... Know who I think our most valuable player is? Now most might say Brett Favre, not me. This year it is Bryant McKinnie.
    If McKinnie is the MVP of the team it is going to be a long season my friends.

i didnt say he is our best player. i mean most valuable because if we lose him to injury we have absolutly nothing behind him and favre will go down too...
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

blair59 wrote:

3. Here is something to think about... Know who I think our most valuable player is? Now most might say Brett Favre, not me. This year it is Bryant McKinnie.

i didnt say he is our best player. i mean most valuable because if we lose him to injury we have absolutly nothing behind him and favre will go down too...
    Given the current attitude about McKinnie's production, that's a highly debatable stance. Losing McKinnie would be a serious blow, but how much of a drop off we'd actually see is subject to debate.

That said, I think that cases could be made for a number of Vikings being irreplaceable:

Adrian Peterson
    Brett Favre
    Kevin Williams
    Jared Allen

To me, these four are the key players. Their losses affect so much more than just their position. There are more, but these are my "Big 4".

Caine

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Caine wrote:
    blair59 wrote:

Given the current attitude about McKinnie's production, that's a highly debatable stance. Losing McKinnie would be a serious blow, but how much of a drop off we'd actually see is subject to debate.

That said, I think that cases could be made for a number of Vikings being irreplaceable:

Adrian Peterson
    Brett Favre
    Kevin Williams
    Jared Allen

To me, these four are the key players. Their losses affect so much more than just their position. There are more, but these are my "Big 4".

Caine
    I disagree of the dropoff with KW and JA, the DL is deep and Robison, Kennedy, and Evans have all proven to be servicible backups. The backup at LOT, who Cook? McK might not be able to block speed rushers, but Cook can't block anything of any talent.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I've been a Vikes fan as far back as when Electric Football came out. In all that time, I know one thing, Vikes rise to adversity. Adversity and negativism.

I don’t see the sky falling, the Vike’s have great players and have gotten better at weak positions, CB. If the Vikes can FINALLY become a top 10 Passing D, then teams won’t score and Favre, AD, PH, JW, GC, etc. are talented enough to put enough points on the board to win games.

IMO, it all starts with NO. The Saints emotions are going to be through the dome with all the hoopla surrounding the raising of the Championship banner. But the emotions and focus will be directed at last years glory, not the coming game. Whereas the Vikes will be ALL about the game, focused winning and somewhat emotional on beating a team they should have beaten last year.

The thing is even a loss will not have that much of an affect as losing to the SB champs isn't that much of a blow.

Vikes have lots to gain and little to lose in the first game.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

gagarr wrote:
    I've been a Vikes fan as far back as when Electric Football came out. In all that time, I know one thing, Vikes rise to adversity. Adversity and negativism.

I don’t see the sky falling, the Vike’s have great players and have gotten better at weak positions, CB. If the Vikes can FINALLY become a top 10 Passing D, then teams won’t score and Favre, AD, PH, JW, GC, etc. are talented enough to put enough points on the board to win games.

IMO, it all starts with NO. The Saints emotions are going to be through the dome with all the hoopla surrounding the raising of the Championship banner. But the emotions and focus will be directed at last years glory, not the coming game. Whereas the Vikes will be ALL about the game, focused winning and somewhat emotional on beating a team they should have beaten last year.

The thing is even a loss will not have that much of an affect as losing to the SB champs isn't that much of a blow.

Vikes have lots to gain and little to lose in the first game.
    Vikings suffered injuries to Favre,Rice, and Griffin against the Saints.
    That's the kind of loss I hope we can avoid as we exact some revenge.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast