Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Truth About The 2010 Vikings

First off Iv been a life long Vikings fan from NJ. I eat sleep breath Minnesota Vikings football. I want to see this team win a Super Bowl more then I want anything in life. But the truth about this team is painful.

Now I do think we are definetly one of the biggest threats in the NFL. But there are alot of things that bother me about this year. Lets face it, last year was our year. We were better then the Saints. I know it, you know it, anyone that watches football knows it. But we totally choked. 5 turnovers, and 12 men in the huddle.

Now as we move to 2010 alot more has changed then we relize. The talent is still there. Matter of fact, nobody in this league is as talanted on paper as we are. But there are alot of red flags.

1. The Javon Walker signing means they arent telling us something about status of the Sidney Rice injury. That could be a huge blow if he dont play the first few games. What if this keeps lingering and he misses a month. Then once he comes back what kind of football game shape is he going to be in? It could screw up his whole year. A hip injury to a WR is a bigger injury then most think.

2. Percy Harvins mirgrains.... 'nuff said

3. Here is something to think about... Know who I think our most valuable player is? Now most might say Brett Favre, not me. This year it is Bryant McKinnie. The loss of Artis Hicks was huge, the guy backed up 4 OL spots for us and was not a bad starter if need be. If Bryant McKinnie gets hurt we have nothing at LT. Last night after McKinnie was taken out of the game T Jack was just taking a snap and running for his life. We have no tackle depth. If McKinnie missed time, Brett would get killed back there.

4. The schedule sure is alot harder then last year. With in our first 8 games we play @NO, MIA, DAL, @JETS, @GB, @NE, ARI. Thats pretty good competition. And its gonna suck if we miss Sidney for some of that.....

5. Last year we were very lucky with injuries. I mean yeah it sucked to lose EJ and we missed Antoine Winfield for 7 games, Berrian had a nagging hammy all year. But all and all thats alot better then most teams had, everyone gets injuries. Our season could blow up real quick if injuries hit our OL this year.

6. Brett can't duplicate last year. Everything fell into place last year. No reason he can be almost as good as last year but lets face it, he isnt doing that again.

7. Chester Taylor was a unique player we will not be able to replace. He had a great skill set that matched what we like to do and complimented Adrian like peanut butter and jelly. That will be impossible to replace. If i had a nickel for every big 3rd down play he made for us....damn..

So there you have the negative truth about this team. Now it isnt all negative lets look at a few positives.

1. At some point Adrian Peterson is going to have a LT 2006 type MVP season..... Why not now? He hears how everyone likes Chris Johnson over him. That has to motivate him. His fumbling problems have to improve. He has to know everyone is going to be going after the ball. I think he is coming along nice as a receiver, I know it was only preseason but he looked very fluid catching the ball.

2. Percy (If he can get on the field) and Phil Loadholt year 2. Both those guys were great picks by us. They should both progress and continue to improve in year 2. What if Percey made a year 2 jump simalier to how Desean Jackson did for the Eagles last year. If he can controll those migrains I believe this guy has the potential to be a elite lethal weapon in the NFL for years to come.

3. It was so great to see EJ Henderson back on the field yesterday. Its really a miracle.

All in all I just dont see thing going our way this year like they did last year until it all unraveled on us in New Orleans last year. I hope this team does great. I just dont see it however. Not that I dont see them being good. I just dont see them winning the Super Bowl and thats what this team is built for. One more run. Teams are built, so that one day they are in the position to compete for a title. That was us last year. Now in 2010 we try to hold it together for one more shot but this year its going to take more then last year.

I just hope this year isnt a 5 month build up to another sunday in january where another piece of me dies....

Go Vikes. 'This Is It'
    None

dfosterf is offline Coach

Re:The Truth About The 2010 Vikings

This post has me pondering the efficacy of methylphenidate (Ritalin) for the treatment of hyperactivity. :P

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4XZuwV_4o&feature=related

faninphx is offline Starter

Marstc09, if you could get that picture of Brett Farve saying "I'm Back, Bitches" on a t-shirt you'd be a millionaire. LOL!

Brakos is offline Waterboy

faninphx wrote:
    Marstc09, if you could get that picture of Brett Farve saying "I'm Back, Bitches" on a t-shirt you'd be a millionaire. LOL!
    I bet Brett Favre himself would even wear it. :P
    None

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/aug/23/bc-fbn-vikings-notes-1st-ledems-_-sports-650-words/?sports&nfl

like i said yesterday i knew by them signing walker, there was something we didnt know about sidney.... fuck my life
    None

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

ChesterTheMolester wrote:

3. Here is something to think about... Know who I think our most valuable player is? Now most might say Brett Favre, not me. This year it is Bryant McKinnie.
    If McKinnie is the MVP of the team it is going to be a long season my friends.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Sounds like you are saying they shot their wad last year.
    I've had that feeling as well. Hope I'm wrong.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

wopester is offline Waterboy

ChesterTheMolester wrote:
    Lets face it, last year was our year. We were better then the Saints. I know it, you know it, anyone that watches football knows it. But we totally choked. 5 turnovers, and 12 men in the huddle.
    That doesn't make sense. How can we say we were better if we choked? That means they were better ...
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Adrian wont have a MVP type season in an offense with Favre at QB due to the larger amount of pass plays and the fact that he might be trying to hard in his reduced amount of oppotunities to do something big.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast