Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: True Sneak PEAK?

Why are they Blue?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"LAVike" wrote:
    God, I hope those pics above AREN'T it! Total rip-off jersey--nothing original about them. Too "glam". This is football, the jerseys should be a simple dark purple, with numbers. Not bells and whistles, and bright colors here and there. Ridiculous. Looks like an Arena Football jersey, or a WNBA warmup jacket. Terrible. I hate the Rams' jerseys and Arizona's. Seems like everyone is going in that direction (Atlanta too). Ughh.

100% agreed. I will be buying alot of throwbacks on e-bay if those are for real ... Look like a pee-wee jersey, no thought involved at all.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Foreman44" wrote:
    "Purple_Hope" wrote:
    Idiots?! Who's this guy?
    Sorry, "idiots" was in reference to whomever was responsible for uploading those image files in the first place before the "official" unveiling.
    Are you calling us idiots or the people working the Vikings Locker room store site idiots?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Foreman44" wrote:
    "Purple_Hope" wrote:
    Idiots?! Who's this guy?
    Sorry, "idiots" was in reference to whomever was responsible for uploading those image files in the first place before the "official" unveiling.
    Are you calling us idiots or the people working the Vikings Locker room store site idiots?

He meant the people at vikings locker room ... easy there Trigger ... :lol:

Purple_Hope is offline Rookie

I like these new jerseys. I'm surprised that they're getting such a negative first response. Take a real hard look at the old jerseys and tell me what you thought was so great about 'em.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    "Foreman44" wrote:
    "Purple_Hope" wrote:
    Idiots?! Who's this guy?
    Why would I call you guys idiots?
    Obviously no one posting here uploaded those files.

idiots=person in charge of uploadind image files on the vikings locker room website

(And frankly at this point, idiots can also be a word used to describe the design team that decided on those as the final uniforms. Just my opinion of course. They could have been worse. But c'mon. I just think that the least they could have done as come up with 2 or 3 designs and then solicited some fan responses/voting ... ala Tennessee when the fans got to choose their nickname and voted on the "Titans")

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Thank you hope! If you take a look at the old jersies, they look ...old. And while they may have history in them, we still never won a bowl. Now with this new era, new coach, new owner, why not a new jersey? The old ones where nice, but I think that they went the right way with these. Wait till you see them on the players.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Foreman44" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Foreman44" wrote:
    "Purple_Hope" wrote:
    Idiots?! Who's this guy?

idiots=person in charge of uploadind image files on the vikings locker room website

(And frankly at this point, idiots can also be a word used to describe the design team that decided on those as the final uniforms. Just my opinion of course. They could have been worse. But c'mon. I just think that the least they could have done as come up with 2 or 3 designs and then solicited some fan responses/voting ... ala Tennessee when the fans got to choose their nickname and voted on the "Titans")
    What they need to do is get the uniforms back to a true purple color. It may be the pics, but I have seen to many looking more like blue than purple.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Foreman44 is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    "Foreman44" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Foreman44" wrote:
    "Purple_Hope" wrote:
    Idiots?! Who's this guy?

What they need to do is get the uniforms back to a true purple color. It may be the pics, but I have seen to many looking more like blue than purple.
    I completely agree with you there!
    They may look more "true" purple in person but they are nowhere near the same shade of purple now as they were in the 70's. And yes, I have been watching them since then

Purple_Hope is offline Rookie

Alright, here you go - old vs. the new. Personally, I think the new look is a nice change. I like the new direction. It's too bad that so many of you out there disagree.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast