Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Raji is offline Waterboy

Re: Troy Williamson's first year

We all were spoiled with Moss's rookie stats, randy is one of a kind.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"TMAC604" wrote:
    True. My biggest knock on him is that I believe his adjustments to the ball when its in the air aren't great. (Probably a result of watching Randy make it look easy over the years)
    I thought the same thing. TT and Burley aren't much better at that in the air adjustment. M-Rob is probably the best adjustment WR we have. I haven't seen K-Rob on his adjustments. Seems like we have a lot of route runners. That is fine, but we need to use them as such, hit them in stride and let them run.

I saw Glenn in Dallas play a few times this year and that guy is a Vet. He uses everything on the field to his advantage. He runs a route slow with the DB on his hip and then burst for the ball.

It can be taught and practiced.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i have seen burleson do some good adjustments in the air before, and speaking of burley is he on the practice squad still?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    It's really hard to single out a single player when the whole unit isn't performing well.

Judgement reserved.
    I think that sums it up pretty well - our offense has been pretty lackluster all year long - you can't expect a rookie WR to put up amazing stats when the offense isn't doing anything.

I do see him having trouble adjusting to balls - I hope that is something he learns with practice.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

"TMAC604" wrote:
    True. My biggest knock on him is that I believe his adjustments to the ball when its in the air aren't great. (Probably a result of watching Randy make it look easy over the years)

Agree totally, this has happened on more than one occasion where he is nowhere near the ball and the defender has a better chance to get it. all in good time though and yes, this isn't the same offense we had during randy'd rookie year. i haven't and won't give up on him. we were spoiled by randy moss and we shouldn't be expecting a first rounder to put up numbers like he did, hell has rookie put up numbers like moss his rookie year and kept up the production??? i can't of anyone.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    i have seen burleson do some good adjustments in the air before, and speaking of burley is he on the practice squad still?
    Why would Burleson be on the practice squad?

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

ec179299 is offline Rookie

we were all spoiled with moss. it is hard to expect the same of any other receiver, no matter how long they have been in the league. compared to other rookie receivers in both numbers and skills, i think troy is very comparable.

LunchBox is offline Rookie

Troy's doing okay, but I think he's gonna be more of a threat on short crossing routes and slants than on deep passes. He just looks a lot more comfortable running short routes, and should be open on them quite a bit because with his speed, CBs are gonna give him a cushion. I think he could be pretty good after the catch too. On the downside, for a guy who is 6'1 and 1/4, he plays really, really small. He looks more like he's about 5'10 out there. And also, as many people have said, he is AWFUL at adjusting to the deep ball in flight. I really think that'll limit his ability to be a deep threat, but hey, the deep ball is way over-rated anyways.

Prophet Guest

I would be fine if we never had a deep ball again. Go to the short game with smash mouth running. We need an every down RB desperately.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    Why would Burleson be on the practice squad?
    Siaha Burley... I think we cut him with the last cut during preseason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast