Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Troy Williamson and the West Coast Offense

I think Troy will have a great year next year because of the move to the west coast offense. Remember the underneath crossing route Williamson ran for like 60 yards against the Ravens? I look for Williamson to turn a few of BJ's four yard hitches into a lot of YAC. thoughts?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Troy Williamson and the West Coast Offense

Williamson is a great talent, he has extreme speed, agility, exeleration and quickness. If he learns to run super crisp routes he will be one of the hardest guys to defend against in the NFL. Those timing patterns johnson would throw to him on the comback/button routes where killer. He reminds me so much of Marvin Harrison, he could definitly be as good if he's got the work ethic, he has the tools as far as athleticism.

I think he needs to add a few pounds to his frame, they list him at 200 pounds but they list K Rob at 200 also, how the hell does that happen?

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I think Marvin Harrison is a great comparision. The question with Williamson will be his ability to apply himself mentally.

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I think Marvin Harrison is a great comparision. The question with Williamson will be his ability to apply himself mentally.
    Great coaching and devotion to players always helps in that area. Childress being a offensive guy and all he won't let his talent sit around, he will develop him into a gamer. He has all the tools to be great, now teach him to be a great football player.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

See that is where Tice fucke@ up, he let Williamson's talent go to waste, I'm sorry, but you don't take a WR like that at #7 and not use him, that is what training camp is for, it was Tice's job to develop this guy, and make him an elite WR in this league, that is where Dumb a@@ dropped the ball, and why he is no longer employed with the Vikes, or any team for that matter.. We will have the next Randy Moss with us next year, except a little faster........

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I think the WCO is perfect for williamson. I don't see him as a great deep ball receiver, at least not yet. Sure with his speed he can run by defenders on verticle routes, but if he doesn't get the seperation, he seems to struggle to make the deep ball catches. However, he is really good at the shorter quick routes and always seemed to be open when he ran them and if he was moving full speed when he caught the ball, he was extremely tough to catch. I thought he made huge strides when it came to route running and I was very impressed with what I saw from his route running towards the end of the season. I expect Williamson to flurish in the WCO and hopefully we now have a coach that will pick 2 guys(williamson and burleson) and let them be the starters for the year, instead of having different guys as our #1, #2, and #3 every d@mn week.

Not only does the WCO fit williamson well, but Burleson should be a beast to stop in the WCO as well, with his ability to run after the catch and with him being impossible to tackle.

Even if we do keep koren, I would love to see williamson and burleson as the starters from week 1 to week 16, with robinson being our deep threat guy at the #3 WR spot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    The thing that sets Harrison apart from most of the WRs in the league, and makes him so great is the routes he runs. He has great quickness in and out of cuts. I Williamson hopes to reach that level he has a long way to go on his route running.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Well comming out of college it was reported that williamson couldn't run a route if his life depended on it, he came out and showed everyone he could run routes. Not saying he's already great but if he made those kind of strides in one year he's definitly on pace. Not mention people saying he had a lack of hands wich was also false.

I like what you said muchluv about burly, some people are not factoring him in, even if we loose Krob to FA we still have TT who was very dependable last year and our red zone beast robinson.

Same goes with RB, the lack of serious rythme and scoring the past two years has been on tice shoulders for continuasly shuffling things around. I like the idea of Burly and Williamson being #1 and #2 ALL YEAR LONG, assuming there are no injuries. I look foward to next year's WR and whoever is RB.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

troy doesn't really remind me of marvin harrison... he's (troy) too raw. Troy is more like Andre Johnson in my opinoin. runs his routes alright and has great natural ability, but has that kind of improvisational skill to turn nothing into something, but might screw up the something and make it nothing. whoa...

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    troy doesn't really remind me of marvin harrison... he's (troy) too raw. Troy is more like Andre Johnson in my opinoin. runs his routes alright and has great natural ability, but has that kind of improvisational skill to turn nothing into something, but might screw up the something and make it nothing. whoa...
    And you have an old MAN in your signature...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast