Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Troy Williamson WASTE OF A #1 Pick

DJ would have been a better pick IMO.

To say he is a waste is pretty ignorant though. The way Randy Moss has been playing as of late the Raiders wasted their #7 on him.

The team has been in flux they are creating idenity every day. It's hard to pick up and excel in a system that is so inconsistent. As we stabalize and begin to become what we are with new personel he will have a better opportunity to pick up his game.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Your right, he isnt going to the pro bowl. OH WAIT ONLY ONE ROOKIE HAS EVER DONE THAT!!! and guess what...IT WAS A RB!!! rookies take time, hes not gonna turn into Jerry Rice in his first year.
    Did not Randy Moss go to the pro-bowl in his rookie year?
    Yup, he sure did. But that was different than Troy. Randy was just a freak, there will never be anyone else like him and we shouldn't expect anyone to.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"K-Robbing18" wrote:
    Coulda improved our linebackers, or even our line instead, we draft him when we dont even need a receiver. He better start showing something if he wants to make me happy and im sure many other Viking Fans.

.... lol. All I can do is laugh at this. The kids a damn rookie first off. Second, we didn't have a CLUE who was going to show up for our WR's this year. We all HOPED Burley was going to take over, but even he was in question with "What's his name" gone. T.Taylor and M.Rob were HUGE question marks and KRob wasn't even an option at the time.

And as for "Showing something if he wants to make you happy", I'm sure he has your picture hanging in his locker and uses it as motivation before he goes out every day.

Please, also don't list me in the "im sure many other Viking fans" category ... as I am sure MOST of them also realize he's a rookie and was going to be a project coming out of NC State ... unlike yourself.

unbelieveable.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Your right, he isnt going to the pro bowl. OH WAIT ONLY ONE ROOKIE HAS EVER DONE THAT!!! and guess what...IT WAS A RB!!! rookies take time, hes not gonna turn into Jerry Rice in his first year.
    Did not Randy Moss go to the pro-bowl in his rookie year?
    Yup, he sure did. But that was different than Troy. Randy was just a freak, there will never be anyone else like him and we shouldn't expect anyone to.
    Not to mention that randy came in with all the pieces around him, Robert Smith, Cris Carter, Cunningham and a O line that was practicly all in the Pro Bowl. He came in a perfect time, troy came in when things where the worst. Don't blame him, gotta give the guy some time.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"K-Robbing18" wrote:
    I would Certianly loved to have Derrick johnson
    DJ wouldn't have played this year and you would have been saying the same thing about him as you are about T-Will. With the plethera of LBs on the team????

I think that Ware(no.11) or Merriman(no.12) would have been more deserving of the no.7 spot, in hindsight that is.

PacMan - ?????
    Rolle - ????

Did these two deserve to go as high as they did?

Teams draft for what they need, we felt like we NEEDED a WR. The Titans felt like they needed a CB. Buc felt like they needed a RB.

IN HINDSIGHT:

Merriman - no.7 (heck in hindsight even Erasmus at no.7)
    Matt Jones - no. 18 assuming T-Will would have been taken.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Newsflash, he is a rookie. Give him at least two more years before you decide he is a waste. And believe it or not WR is still a major need.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "K-Robbing18" wrote:
    I would Certianly loved to have Derrick johnson
    DJ wouldn't have played this year and you would have been saying the same thing about him as you are about T-Will. With the plethera of LBs on the team????

I think that Ware(no.11) or Merriman(no.12) would have been more deserving of the no.7 spot, in hindsight that is.

PacMan - ?????
    Rolle - ????

Did these two deserve to go as high as they did?

Teams draft for what they need, we felt like we NEEDED a WR. The Titans felt like they needed a CB. Buc felt like they needed a RB.

IN HINDSIGHT:

Merriman - no.7 (heck in hindsight even Erasmus at no.7)
    Matt Jones - no. 18 assuming T-Will would have been taken
    That was what I wanted (or DJ at #7)...but I am pleased with both TWill and Eraser...I think that we got two very good players...TWill will light it up in the next year or two...just give Wes Chandler enough time to teach him the nuances of the pro game...he will pan out!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

DJ is flat out tearing it up for the Chiefs he is everything they said he would be.

Merriman is a beast as well.

One of the biggest problems with the Vikings is we sat our rookies, trying to ease them in. I would have just as soon throw them in there. First round picks need to play.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

And just to think i wanted to draft Mike Williams, that would have been a really bad mistake....

If i had it to do all over again i would have probably went with merramin, the guys got that intense Ray Lewis type play, that visousness, that mean streak. I think he's gonna be something specail and i did during the draft. But we got T Will and i think he has a future with us. We need to get him in the wheight room and put some meat on that body.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    DJ is flat out tearing it up for the Chiefs he is everything they said he would be.

Merriman is a beast as well.

One of the biggest problems with the Vikings is we sat our rookies, trying to ease them in. I would have just as soon throw them in there. First round picks need to play.
    I do have to agree with you there. I can see easing TW in at WR since he was a little rough and we knew he was going to need some work. But Erasmus should have been thrown in he has done nothing but produce so far this year.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast