Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: troy williamson a star.....

I'm happy things are going well for him, however, I will believe it when I see it in the regular season.
    He is fragile mentally, however, he is closer to home.
    We shall see, but, I'm not buying it.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=450 height=440]http://www.donitaworld.com/Graphics/blog/DontLookBack.jpg[/img]
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I would still like to see Troy succeed in the NFL, but there were many reports last summer about how his vision was improved and how he was doing unexpected things in minicamp. Everytime a deep pass is thrown to him in a regular season game, doubt most likely comes into his mind and he loses concentration.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    I would still like to see Troy succeed in the NFL, but there were many reports last summer about how his vision was improved and how he was doing unexpected things in minicamp. Everytime a deep pass is thrown to him in a regular season game, doubt most likely comes into his mind and he loses concentration.
    There's that word "every time" that's so misused on PP.O again. How soon people forget about the 60 yard pass he caught for a TD in the Bears game last year at Chicago. Without it, we would have probably lost that game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    There's that word "every time" that's so misused on PP.O again. How soon people forget about the 60 yard pass he caught for a TD in the Bears game last year at Chicago. Without it, we would have probably lost that game.
    This was my exact agruement with my dad when Twill was sent packin..

I told him.. Watch.. the kid was on the verge of getting his Q$%$!# together. we had him locked into a contract.. i still like him, and think he'll finally make that push over the jitters edge this or next year. watch.. when he breaks out people will be saying it was the Vikes system that held him back.

I remember some games where he made difficult catches.. and i remember times where he dropped catches I could make. but it went BOTH ways..

shrug.. it's over and done now. and i do like Rice/BB far much more then Twill/Rice

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ChiTownVike" wrote:

I told him.. Watch.. the kid was on the verge of getting his Q$%$!# together. we had him locked into a contract.. i still like him, and think he'll finally make that push over the jitters edge this or next year. watch.. when he breaks out people will be saying it was the Vikes system that held him back.

I remember some games where he made difficult catches.. and i remember times where he dropped catches I could make. but it went BOTH ways..

shrug.. it's over and done now. and i do like Rice/BB far much more then Twill/Rice

DiGiTaL

As much as I'd like to see him succeed, the Vikings made the right decision. Based on what little he had done for them so far, it was not worth taking up a roster spot to keep him a Viking & take that risk, when there were more capable receivers out there for the signing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ChiTownVike" wrote:

DiGiTaL

As much as I'd like to see him succeed, the Vikings made the right decision. Based on what little he had done for them so far, it was not worth taking up a roster spot to keep him a Viking & take that risk, when there were more capable receivers out there for the signing.
    100% agree Singer.
    The bottom line is he didn't do well in MN.
    The team made the right decision no matter what happens.
    You were also correct about the 60 yard catch vs. Chicago last year.
    However, if he dropped that one he should have been cut directly after that play.
    That was a perfect pass.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678