Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: troy williamson a star.....

"Marrdro" wrote:
    No disrespect to the posters of the info, however, who the hell really cares what Troy does this year?

He didn't work out for us.
    He is gone.

I hope everyone who agrees with that remembers that next time a Randy Moss, Tyler Thigpen, Daunte Culpepper or Hank Baskett thread rolls around.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck to Troy, he was unable to handle the pressure in Minnesota but he should have never been drafted that high. His problem has never been getting open he's always been able to gain seperation and beat the oppent, even top defenders like Rashean Mathis will find it difficult. He had some nice grabs as a Viking, especailly early on with Pepp. He had some 100 yard games but never kept consistent.

It will be intresting to see how he reacts to the pressure of a 6th round pick. His expectations are low coming in but he's got great potential and always has. Basically its a Mental thing with Troy Wiliamson, wether that gets ironed out or not will tell his true future.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder why I should believe this.

I have tried for years to believe the hype of what we have know as 'offseason T-Will huge promise'.

And frankly, I'm glad that I have to be excited about Rice and Berrian instead

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

realviking is offline Rookie

Man, I can't wait until the season comes when I can watch the Jaguar boards and see their frustration with this guy.
    When there's weather to report, I report the weather.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    No disrespect to the posters of the info, however, who the hell really cares what Troy does this year?

He is gone.
    Maybe the change will help him live up to his potential, maybe it won't.

My guess is that he will make a few nice plays but will drop a few key passes at some point this year but again, who the hell cares.

Probably the only ones who will track this are a few "Anti Chiller" fans and yutz newsman who want to stir the pot.
    :
    I care...
    If there is somebody who only held us down last year it was him.
    Now all of a sudden he plays like a big shot and then i'm getting somewhat frustrated that he now is playing good.
    Ofcourse it remains to be seen because it's not pre-season yet
    Why?

He is doing exactly what he did in every camp he did with us.
    WOW the coaches with some nice grabs and then during a game when he is under a bit of pressure he cracks.

Again, even if he does put together a nice season, I could care less.
    He is out of the division, we got a nice looking kid with his pick and he is gone.

The only ones that will make anything out of this are fans who don't like the Chiller (even though it was a staff decision to get rid of him) and some local sports hacks who have an axe to grind.

T-will is old news IMHO.
    Exactly what I was going to say. If he does it in the season then I will be pissed but right now I don't care.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He is gone.

My guess is that he will make a few nice plays but will drop a few key passes at some point this year but again, who the hell cares.

Probably the only ones who will track this are a few "Anti Chiller" fans and yutz newsman who want to stir the pot.
    :
    I care...
    Now all of a sudden he plays like a big shot and then i'm getting somewhat frustrated that he now is playing good.
    Why?

WOW the coaches with some nice grabs and then during a game when he is under a bit of pressure he cracks.

He is out of the division, we got a nice looking kid with his pick and he is gone.

The only ones that will make anything out of this are fans who don't like the Chiller (even though it was a staff decision to get rid of him) and some local sports hacks who have an axe to grind.

T-will is old news IMHO.
    Exactly what I was going to say. If he does it in the season then I will be pissed but right now I don't care.
    I won't be. Based on how he performed for us the last 3 years, the Vikings made the right move & were justified in their actions. We needed someone in here that was going to give us the best chance of succeeding. T-Will would have been a high risk.

Same with James. He could turn out to be a great player, but with his injured past, he was a high risk.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He is gone.

:
    I care...
    Why?

T-will is old news IMHO.
    I won't be. Based on how he performed for us the last 3 years, the Vikings made the right move & were justified in their actions. We needed someone in here that was going to give us the best chance of succeeding. T-Will would have been a high risk.

Same with James. He could turn out to be a great player, but with his injured past, he was a high risk.
    I like the decisions we have made so far this year.
    yes James and T-Will were both high picks for us, and we basically got nothing in return, but they were both doing nothing for us.

I am happy with the moves......sometimes you just have to move on

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I wish Twill luck, except for November 23, 2008... then I want to see the TWill we all know too well.

TWill will definitely be up for that game in Jacksonville.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "norseforce" wrote:
    just wanted to pass along something I was reading on scout.com it said that this offseason and during the recent workouts
    nobody is able to cover troy "stone hands" williamson, and hes CATCHING passes all over the field.
    Perhaps he plays when he wants to.
    LOL!

Good one!

You can't trust someone that drops that many passes.
    We cut our losses and more power to TW.

Never wanted to see him fail.

Maybe this is like the curseof the Bambino, but only the curse of Moss.
    MN will never have another WR that will amount to anything.

Maybe I should not be joking around like that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast