Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

Re: Troy Williamson on family leave - Death takes a big toll

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    My two cents.
    I don't care if you are a football player, a mortgage broker, a plumber, a store clerk, a pilot, a auto salesman, a carpenter, a electrician, or even the garbage man.
    If you are thin ice at your job, and TWill is on thin ice, you had better get your butt to work.
    That being said, if you are in good terms on your job, and are performing at a high level, they are more than likely to tell you take all the time you need.
    Ah....the ole "double-standard"
    It isn't a double standard, it is just logical, there are some unwritten perks for people that try to work with the company rather than against it, for team players.
    He meant that if you have employees that are constantly late or are habitual sick day users when they are not sick, using all of their sick days every year, that is an employee that is expendable.
    That is an employee that doesn't want to work.
    Those employees do skate on thin ice and they aren't smart enough to know it.

TWs situation is a little different, he seems like he has been a good employee that has maybe accidentally broke the copier on occasion at most. We also don't know what has been written in his file over the years.

That is for an employer to know!
    Go ahead and second guess the VIkings Org all you want.
    I have been stating my opinions.
    Feel free to continue to disagree with me too.
    And I will when my opinon differs. After all they are just our opinions & nothing we say is going to change things. I'm simply stating what I feel the Vikings should have done considering the circumstances.

T-Will, IMO, isn't on thin ice because of anything he has done off the field, only because of his pass catching abilities last season. While other players were enjoying the offseason with their families, T-Will was working hard to correct his eye problem & catching skills for the betterment of himself & the team.

How often have we seen a player who had some off-field issue with the law get disciplined by being benched for a game...........with pay?

Ding ding ding............we have a winner.
    Most fans on here would rather have the Stephon Marbury type player.
    You know, average talent, average production, big mouth.

This site is almost comical.
    I hope the hell TW gets out of MN fast.
    The coaching staff is a joke.
    I've watched 3 years of inept play calling and the three yards and a cloud of dust mentality.
    Not to mention QB's that couldn't start for most college teams.
    My favorite is when the Vikings throw the ball like 12 times in a game, and people are on here dissing TW because he only caught 3 passes (w/ no drops).
    WTF?
    It's the same thing every game.
    If it wasn't BJ's lack of arm to get the ball to someone, now it's TJ's lack of .............well.............everything.
    OK, he's got a strong arm.
    WOW.
    Most NFL QB's do (with the exception of Brad Johnson and Testerverde at age 44).

TW had a rough last year, but worked like hell to improve his game.
    He looks good this year and I'm sick of seeing long passes thrown about 2 yards tooooo long.
    Is that the receiver's fault?
    I can assure you, it's not lack of speed.
    So who is to blame.
    It's the O line, the coach, and the QB.
    Not saying TJ won't develop into an NFL QB, but he ain't there yet.
    So let's blame the receivers.
    I know, lets blame TW.
    He makes a nice scape goat because he dropped some balls last year.
    Bottom line, the organization sucks right now and I wouldn't hire Childress to coach my junior high team.
    If Troy is lucky, the Vikes will cut him.
    I'm sure he'd take a pay cut to get the hell out of there, but he's too much of a good person and class act to say anything.
    He will be successful in the NFL, but he'll be doing it for another team.
    I feel sorry for AP cause if he will have a short career due to injuries based on that sorry offensive scheme.
    >

Frostbite is offline Coach

"carolinafan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    My two cents.
    I don't care if you are a football player, a mortgage broker, a plumber, a store clerk, a pilot, a auto salesman, a carpenter, a electrician, or even the garbage man.
    If you are thin ice at your job, and TWill is on thin ice, you had better get your butt to work.
    That being said, if you are in good terms on your job, and are performing at a high level, they are more than likely to tell you take all the time you need.
    Ah....the ole "double-standard"
    It isn't a double standard, it is just logical, there are some unwritten perks for people that try to work with the company rather than against it, for team players.
    He meant that if you have employees that are constantly late or are habitual sick day users when they are not sick, using all of their sick days every year, that is an employee that is expendable.
    That is an employee that doesn't want to work.
    Those employees do skate on thin ice and they aren't smart enough to know it.

TWs situation is a little different, he seems like he has been a good employee that has maybe accidentally broke the copier on occasion at most. We also don't know what has been written in his file over the years.

That is for an employer to know!
    Go ahead and second guess the VIkings Org all you want.
    I have been stating my opinions.
    Feel free to continue to disagree with me too.
    And I will when my opinon differs. After all they are just our opinions & nothing we say is going to change things. I'm simply stating what I feel the Vikings should have done considering the circumstances.

T-Will, IMO, isn't on thin ice because of anything he has done off the field, only because of his pass catching abilities last season. While other players were enjoying the offseason with their families, T-Will was working hard to correct his eye problem & catching skills for the betterment of himself & the team.

How often have we seen a player who had some off-field issue with the law get disciplined by being benched for a game...........with pay?

I've watched 3 years of inept play calling and the three yards and a cloud of dust mentality.
    My favorite is when the Vikings throw the ball like 12 times in a game, and people are on here dissing TW because he only caught 3 passes (w/ no drops).
    WTF?
    If it wasn't BJ's lack of arm to get the ball to someone, now it's TJ's lack of .............well.............everything.
    WOW.
    Most NFL QB's do (with the exception of Brad Johnson and Testerverde at age 44).

He looks good this year and I'm sick of seeing long passes thrown about 2 yards tooooo long.
    So who is to blame.
    I know, lets blame TW.
    Bottom line, the organization sucks right now and I wouldn't hire Childress to coach my junior high team.
    I'm sure he'd take a pay cut to get the hell out of there, but he's too much of a good person and class act to say anything.
    I feel sorry for AP cause if he will have a short career due to injuries based on that sorry offensive scheme.
    >

Really?? where have you worked?? I happen to be at the top in my profession and our Board of Directors gives us 1 week family/Berevement leave regardless of Company status. Last time I checked The NFL was still a Business. I admit I do not know what the Franchise or League policies are concerning amount of time but I do know most of the time... in ANY company... you get a limited amount of time off.....then you can still take time off but it is without pay...or you have to use vacation or other accrued time off.
    In addition.....let's not forget that Troy did not bother to keep the team informed/in the loop with regard to how long he might be out....or when he would be back.

You are correct to point out that T.W. will most likely end up on another team...maybe the Packers...on the other side of the field from Korn Robinson.....another great example of Heart/Loyalty/Team first Ethics. The Vikings were wrong to withold T.W.s check....and it should not have taken the Press to force there hand to pay it. I agree with the final decision to pay him....but they should have probably made it severence pay and cut him right then because there are bound to be hard feelings all the way around over the whole incident.

Your last comment is down right awful! Let's wish doom on a A.P. for being a Viking....What exactly are you a fan of?? Couldn't be a Vikings fan let alone an NFL fan, because no true fan ever wishes to see any players career destroyed by injury. It should be obvious...even to you that A.P. is capable of doing just fine with our O-line. It has some weaknesses but blaming a possible injury to A.P. on these guys is garbage.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

carolinafan is offline Rookie

WTF?
    WOW.

So who is to blame.
    I know, lets blame TW.
    >
    [/quote]

Really?? where have you worked?? I happen to be at the top in my profession and our Board of Directors gives us 1 week family/Berevement leave regardless of Company status. Last time I checked The NFL was still a Business. I admit I do not know what the Franchise or League policies are concerning amount of time but I do know most of the time... in ANY company... you get a limited amount of time off.....then you can still take time off but it is without pay...or you have to use vacation or other accrued time off.
    In addition.....let's not forget that Troy did not bother to keep the team informed/in the loop with regard to how long he might be out....or when he would be back.

You are correct to point out that T.W. will most likely end up on another team...maybe the Packers...on the other side of the field from Korn Robinson.....another great example of Heart/Loyalty/Team first Ethics. The Vikings were wrong to withold T.W.s check....and it should not have taken the Press to force there hand to pay it. I agree with the final decision to pay him....but they should have probably made it severence pay and cut him right then because there are bound to be hard feelings all the way around over the whole incident.

Your last comment is down right awful! Let's wish doom on a A.P. for being a Viking....What exactly are you a fan of?? Couldn't be a Vikings fan let alone an NFL fan, because no true fan ever wishes to see any players career destroyed by injury. It should be obvious...even to you that A.P. is capable of doing just fine with our O-line. It has some weaknesses but blaming a possible injury to A.P. on these guys is garbage.

Cheers!
    [/quote]

I've worked for a Fortune top 50 company for almost 20 years.
    Doing quite nicely............thanks for asking.
    Two things you missed in my post:

1 - I don't really care if the Vikes withheld money from TW and I never mentioned that point.
    Pro football teams play 16 games so those weeks are of super importance.
    I did not pay attention to when TW left, when he should have come back, etc.
    That's between him and the Vikes.
    If he could have somehow spent several days at home, then made it for the game, then went back home for a few more, he should have done that IMO.
    If docking his pay was warranted, I'm fine with that.
    I'm sure TW has plenty of money and if missing a game's pay to be with family was that important, he made his decision.

2 - No one wished AP an injury!
    He is a great player and I'm a huge fan of his.
    Great work ethic, good person, great player.
    Don't we wish all players acted like that.

My point is simple.
    TW has been bashed and booed since the day he was drafted.
    I've watched him beat coverage over and over only to see the QB not be able to get the ball anywhere near him.
    He dropped some balls last year and you would have thought satan had joined the Vikes.
    Now, he simply gets the blame for all of the Vikings offensive ills.
    You know it's funny, I guess the old thing about positive reinforcement is true.
    TW had NO problems catching the ball in college, and I saw every game he played.
    In fact, not sure I remember one drop.
    But the minute he was drafted, it became an onslaught of "he can't catch" from the Viking fans and media.
    Sad part is, I guess TW started believing it too.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324