Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Troy Williamson on family leave - Death takes a big toll

Wow, I just went on ESPN, and this is the main story. TOTALLY OVERBLOWN.

Everyone needs to realize that the MONEY GOES TO CHARITY.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"V" wrote:
    Wow, I just went on ESPN, and this is the main story. TOTALLY OVERBLOWN.

Everyone needs to realize that the MONEY GOES TO CHARITY.
    I rest my case... ESPN will hammer away on this topic all weekend long... then FOX, CBS and especially NBC will follow suit..

"pack93z" wrote:

I guarantee that every single NFL pregame spends at least 5 minutes on the story.. and ESPN will take it even further..

I am actually embarresed to be a Viking fan with the way they handled this. Complete slick willy move by the organization. Why would anyone want to be on this team if this is how they run things.

Did anybody see there bearevement plan? You only get to miss 3 days if you child,spouse or parents die and 1 day if anybody else dies. Something needs to be changed.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    I am actually embarresed to be a Viking fan with the way they handled this. Complete slick willy move by the organization. Why would anyone want to be on this team if this is how they run things.

Did anybody see there bearevement plan? You only get to miss 3 days if you child,spouse or parents die and 1 day if anybody else dies. Something needs to be changed.
    totally agree, something needs to be changed!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:

Just heard Salisbury ripping the Vikings...my first thought is "here he goes again", but he's absolutely right. The Vikes policy sucks...this makes them look very bad and it's a real embarrassment.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

Just heard Salisbury ripping the Vikings...my first thought is "here he goes again", but he's absolutely right. The Vikes policy sucks...this makes them look very bad and it's a real embarrassment.
    I don't know for sure but I'll bet nearly every team's policy in the NFL says the same thing. And if ESPN had REAL reporters they would have checked into this before spouting off their mouths.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

this is so overblown

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Ahhh the hacks are at it as well.. any truth to this rambling?

"PFTalk" wrote:
    MINNESOTA MUTINY BREWING?

The decision of the Minnesota Vikings to dock receiver Troy Williamson a game check for missing the Week Nine contest against the Chargers due to the death of his grandmother apparently is having some unintended consequences for coach Brad Childress.

The move, as we hear it, is pushing some veteran players -- and some members of the coaching staff -- toward a revolt against Childress.

Even before the widely-criticized decision to withhold $25,000 and change from Williamson, there were strong signs of discontent.
    Presiding over a struggling offense and meddling (as we're told) with defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier's work has made Childress a target for quiet (to date) hostility.

The thinking is that the Williamson debacle could create major problems for Childress, unless the decision to take Williamson's game check is quickly reversed.

And we've got a feeling that, if this controversy continues to grow, owner Zygi Wilf might soon feel compelled to make a change, regardless of whether the Vikings run the table (highly unlikely) or rookie running back Adrian Peterson breaks the single-season rushing record (surprisingly possible).
    Family surely is important to Mr. Wilf, as evidenced by the presence of several folks with that same name at the top of the operation.

Besides, at a time when Wilf is trying desperately to find a way to finagle a new stadium for the Vikings, the P.R. fallout from a family-unfriendly personnel decision could make a steep climb even more treacherous.

So stay tuned.
    Our guess is that Childress, in a sheer act of self-preservation, will soon decide to give Williamson his game check.
    And it's entirely possible that Williams would politely tell Childress to stick the check up his own personal ATM.

Beyond 2007, we simply can't see these two men working for the same team.
    Though it's easy to assume that Williamson will be gone, we're not ready to rule out a termination of Childress.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

It's an NFL Policy which was followed by the Vikes.
    I manage many people and can't imagine that I would not support someone on my Team that needed some extra time to take care of their family.
    I love the Vikes, have for 40+ years, but, this is rather silly; and, easily fixable.
    Managers do the right thing, Leaders do what's right...buck up and do what's right Zygi.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Ha ha..... maybe pack93z is right.
    The AM radio sports talk had a 2 minute mini talk on this issue.
    At the end of it, they said that the Vikes probably wished that he would stay away more often.

That is probably what Childress was thinking when he levied the fine.

I still think it is overblown.
    I thought the LoveBoat thing was overblown also but I was wrong about that the entire season according to the media.

We better start winning, or this will continue.
    BS!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast