Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Troy Williamson drop...

I caught that same pass in my sleep. He is done!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    That was not a hard ball to catch, and neither was his second drop of the game.
    I thought he would have a break out season this year, and show he was worth the 7th overall pick...obvisouly not.
    I don't think he'll be on the Vikings next year, i wish him the best of luck if he ends up anywhere else, but he is not doing the Vikings any good.
    Amen... bad ass sig by the way. I really like those old school uni's.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8059d144

Thats the video( 00:45), I looked at it wrong when I first saw it, I thought it was a tough catch, but tough for TW because he use his body to catch which is unacceptable. It didnt hit his chest the ball hit his shoulder because he tried to catch with his body, made it look like a hard catch but only if he knew how to catch with his hands that would have been an easy one.

I tried viewing the video link you posted, but I think the NFL Video Galleries must have dropped TWill. He needs a change of scenery...he has already dropped his last pass for us.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever(the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.
    I hope you were being sarcastic about that being a very very hard catch to make, he is in the NFL and when there is 10 yards between you and the next closest guy, you NEED to make the catch no matter how VERY HARD it might have been. As for you last point, hester can be used as a decoy yes! But after watching t-will for 3 years, he is NO DECOY! When you can let a guy a run down the field and not have to worry about putting a guy on him because he can't catch a ball, it's not considered a decoy.
    You missed the part where I said thats coming from a HIGH SCHOOL reciever. I play football at my high school, I might have missed that one right now, but growing up I think i will be able to adjust and make that catch. But thats true if he drops open passes like that you can forget about him, but when you get a guy that zooms right past you, you dont think who it is and what he can do you just fall back and follow, which will leave some open wholes.
    Dude...It hit him right in the chest/hands as did the other one he dropped just in that day.

I would have been upset if my 7th and 8th graders dropped passes like that.
    Hahaha, that's awesome.

I was at a bar with all Vikings Fans (Bar None in Manhattan, if any of you are in the City on a Sunday), the entire bar erupted into screaming and laughing when he dropped that pass (not to mention the second he dropped a short time later).

The guy is a joke. He is being paid to CATCH THE BALL... he couldn't even catch a cold if you coughed in his face.
    I am going to check this place out. I will be in New York in May for work and it so happens that it will be my birthday too on the 9th. Is this place a more than a bar? What is it like?

Guy shouldn't be in the NFL. With all those years of experience catching balls, he should know you use your hands not your body to catch the ball. Later TW!!! won't miss ya a bit.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

His problem is he always uses his body to catch the ball.
    Look at Moss.
    How many balls hit his body.
    NONE.
    He uses his hands.
    Cut him now.
    The life span of an NFL player isn't that long and he already wasted 3 years.
    He isn't going to all of a sudden start catching.
    BUH BYE

SIUviking is offline Starter

With all the drops the Viking receivers make do you think that maybe Jackson would look a lot better with better receivers and better pass blocking from the line.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I can handle a dropped pass on occassion, if there was a history of catching the ball.

He has no consistent record of catching the ball.
    Also, T-Jack is not the entire problem.
    Granted some passes have been off target, but way too many drops for my taste.

Sorry Troy, but your days as a Viking are pretty numbered right now.
    Good luck in the future.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Can't add much to this except: It is possible for any Top Receivers to drop the so called "easy catch" There were many times I would have liked to skin Randy Moss for dropping what looked like sure catches.

I admit as I watch Troy he looks like he's fighting some bad habits....Still he could also just be having a poor season. With the luck we often have it would not surprise me one bit if he goes to another team and ends up being a very tallented reciever.

I think it's possible anyways. I do agree with the vast majority of posts saying T.Will is gone next season. I disagree that he will get cut outright. Most likely traded I think.

In any case I don't harbor any ill feelings about the man. I hope his future endeavors will work out for him down the road.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

I got no more words about T-Will, he needs to be shown the door.

ALL DAY!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast