Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Troy Williamson drop...

Hard catch?? NO.....buh bye Williamson, good luck somewhere else!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever(the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.
    I hope you were being sarcastic about that being a very very hard catch to make, he is in the NFL and when there is 10 yards between you and the next closest guy, you NEED to make the catch no matter how VERY HARD it might have been. As for you last point, hester can be used as a decoy yes! But after watching t-will for 3 years, he is NO DECOY! When you can let a guy a run down the field and not have to worry about putting a guy on him because he can't catch a ball, it's not considered a decoy.
    You missed the part where I said thats coming from a HIGH SCHOOL reciever. I play football at my high school, I might have missed that one right now, but growing up I think i will be able to adjust and make that catch. But thats true if he drops open passes like that you can forget about him, but when you get a guy that zooms right past you, you dont think who it is and what he can do you just fall back and follow, which will leave some open wholes.
    Dude...It hit him right in the chest/hands as did the other one he dropped just in that day.

I would have been upset if my 7th and 8th graders dropped passes like that.
    Hahaha, that's awesome.

I was at a bar with all Vikings Fans (Bar None in Manhattan, if any of you are in the City on a Sunday), the entire bar erupted into screaming and laughing when he dropped that pass (not to mention the second he dropped a short time later).

The guy is a joke. He is being paid to CATCH THE BALL... he couldn't even catch a cold if you coughed in his face.
    Cool...
    you may be surprised next season when some of us world travelers pop in!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure he's a nice kid, pleasant to be around, all that.
    OK, he's dropped too many passes which were wide open...he is a hindrance to the Team, he has got to go.
    Sorry Troy.
    Good luck wherever you may go.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

He's like, the 4th highest paid player on our team. He's up there with AW, Hutch & Sharper in terms of $$$. He's not worth it. Reminds me of James Jett in Oakland years back. Fast as hell, but can't catch.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

I was one of those guys that said...give the kid some time he will get it eventually.
    The third year is the magical year for WR.
    After that wide open drop that was a sure touchdown.
    I say cut his ass and don't look back.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever (the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.
    Thats not funny!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Trkn10 is offline Training Camp

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I played tight end in high school and dropped one like that in the championship game (thank God we still won it). But I am not in the NFL (my coach did however land in NFL Europe as an assistant !
    ).

I think Williamson just doesn't catch enough passes. I hope he is not paid that high, and I think we should use him as a backup now until he proves himself.
    Do you attribute this to a lack of opportunities due to the offensive scheme fielded per opponent, or are you stating the painfully obvious that he doesn't catch enough passes ???
    I think the latter has caused us to stray from using Jackson's bazooka to keep the defense honest, thus forcing us to come-up with an extremely one-dimensional, non-intimidating offense devoid of a deep threat playmaker.

I don't know about you all, but every time Jackson winds up to let one fly me and the rest of the Vike's fans at our sports bar literally take a gasp, turn our head a bit, and peek from the corner of our eye.
    This exercise usually ends with an idiot wearing 82 pounding his fist on the turf in a well rehearsed display of disappointment and a butt-ton of cursing, arms flailing and beer flying.
    I thought he was the best guy on the Broncos last Sunday >

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Trkn10" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I played tight end in high school and dropped one like that in the championship game (thank God we still won it). But I am not in the NFL (my coach did however land in NFL Europe as an assistant !
    ).

I think Williamson just doesn't catch enough passes. I hope he is not paid that high, and I think we should use him as a backup now until he proves himself.
    Do you attribute this to a lack of opportunities due to the offensive scheme fielded per opponent, or are you stating the painfully obvious that he doesn't catch enough passes ???
    I think the latter has caused us to stray from using Jackson's bazooka to keep the defense honest, thus forcing us to come-up with an extremely one-dimensional, non-intimidating offense devoid of a deep threat playmaker.

I don't know about you all, but every time Jackson winds up to let one fly me and the rest of the Vike's fans at our sports bar literally take a gasp, turn our head a bit, and peek from the corner of our eye.
    This exercise usually ends with an idiot wearing 82 pounding his fist on the turf in a well rehearsed display of disappointment and a butt-ton of cursing, arms flailing and beer flying.
    I thought he was the best guy on the Broncos last Sunday >

I use to (around the time when we first played the lions) but he has been better with the deep balls. But if he is pressured and just try to throw one I know its going to be nearly or picked off. If he is calm I can see someone being open or somewhat a catchable ball.

Trkn10 is offline Training Camp

He (TJack) is not why we gasp in horror, it's the intended receiver.
    We're too scared to see who it could be.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

That was not a hard ball to catch, and neither was his second drop of the game.
    I thought he would have a break out season this year, and show he was worth the 7th overall pick...obvisouly not.
    I don't think he'll be on the Vikings next year, i wish him the best of luck if he ends up anywhere else, but he is not doing the Vikings any good.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast