Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Troy Williamson drop...

That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever (the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Troy Williamson drop...

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever (the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.
    I hope you were being sarcastic about that being a very very hard catch to make, he is in the NFL and when there is 10 yards between you and the next closest guy, you NEED to make the catch no matter how VERY HARD it might have been. As for you last point, hester can be used as a decoy yes! But after watching t-will for 3 years, he is NO DECOY! When you can let a guy a run down the field and not have to worry about putting a guy on him because he can't catch a ball, it's not considered a decoy.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever(the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.
    I hope you were being sarcastic about that being a very very hard catch to make, he is in the NFL and when there is 10 yards between you and the next closest guy, you NEED to make the catch no matter how VERY HARD it might have been. As for you last point, hester can be used as a decoy yes! But after watching t-will for 3 years, he is NO DECOY! When you can let a guy a run down the field and not have to worry about putting a guy on him because he can't catch a ball, it's not considered a decoy.
    You missed the part where I said thats coming from a HIGH SCHOOL reciever. I play football at my high school, I might have missed that one right now, but growing up I think i will be able to adjust and make that catch. But thats true if he drops open passes like that you can forget about him, but when you get a guy that zooms right past you, you dont think who it is and what he can do you just fall back and follow, which will leave some open wholes.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    That was a very very hard catch to make as a reciever(the wide open pass) but thats coming from a high school reciever. You have to make them catches as an nfl WR, and he has been doing it since he got his. For all you who hoped TW was gone next year, I think that done it, and lost us the game. He will not be a viking next year, I think we all know that, but who do you think he will play for. My guess is if the bears get rid of BB they will give him a shot and try to use him and hester as a decoy for their TE to kill us.
    You missed the part where I said thats coming from a HIGH SCHOOL reciever. I play football at my high school, I might have missed that one right now, but growing up I think i will be able to adjust and make that catch. But thats true if he drops open passes like that you can forget about him, but when you get a guy that zooms right past you, you dont think who it is and what he can do you just fall back and follow, which will leave some open wholes.
    Dude...It hit him right in the chest/hands as did the other one he dropped just in that day.

I would have been upset if my 7th and 8th graders dropped passes like that.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8059d144

Thats the video( 00:45), I looked at it wrong when I first saw it, I thought it was a tough catch, but tough for TW because he use his body to catch which is unacceptable. It didnt hit his chest the ball hit his shoulder because he tried to catch with his body, made it look like a hard catch but only if he knew how to catch with his hands that would have been an easy one.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"baumy300" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    Dude...It hit him right in the chest/hands as did the other one he dropped just in that day.

I would have been upset if my 7th and 8th graders dropped passes like that.
    Hahaha, that's awesome.

I was at a bar with all Vikings Fans (Bar None in Manhattan, if any of you are in the City on a Sunday), the entire bar erupted into screaming and laughing when he dropped that pass (not to mention the second he dropped a short time later).

The guy is a joke. He is being paid to CATCH THE BALL... he couldn't even catch a cold if you coughed in his face.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I know a couple friends from high school I played ball with that play WR at a small college.
    They would have been pulled from the game and yelled at for drops like that.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I'm pretty sure the average human could have caught that ball with one hand.
    It was perfectly thrown, especially considering he had like four seconds to adjust to the ball.
    Plus he wears gloves that are supposed to help him catch, but maybe he should wear sticky sleeves instead.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

See ya Troy.
    I had enough of the dropped passes.
    And while your at it, take Shiancoe with you.
    He has not contributed but some holding penalties, drops in the end zone.
    Here is to getting Fred Davis.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I played tight end in high school and dropped one like that in the championship game (thank God we still won it). But I am not in the NFL (my coach did however land in NFL Europe as an assistant !
    ).

I think Williamson just doesn't catch enough passes. I hope he is not paid that high, and I think we should use him as a backup now until he proves himself.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast