Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Troy Williamson

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Troy Williamson

"The" wrote:
    Came across this little blurb from a Bill Simmons article. Funny stuff:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061110

My daughter is 18 months old and I haven't come close to dropping her yet, or even nearly dropping her, even though I've been holding her and tripped over phone cords and dog tails and everything else you can imagine. I mean, I would never drop her. The parental instinct gives you super-powers -- it's hard to explain unless you're a parent, but somebody could shoot my kid out of one of those T-shirt cannons that they use for NBA games and I would catch her 100 times out of 100 even if you had me hogtied and wearing high heels.

Anyway, I was thinking about this because every time I watch a big Vikes game, Troy Williamson drops at least one huge pass. So why couldn't they hypnotize him to have the same instincts for a football that parents have for their children? Couldn't this work? I feel like this would definitely work. And honestly? I haven't been this excited about an idea since I was pushing for the networks to hire lip readers a few years ago. Have sports teams ever explored hypnosis before? I would also want the Celtics to hypnotize Tony Allen into realizing that he shouldn't dribble or shoot under any circumstances, not even in pregame warmups.
    [img width=275 height=200]http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/1110/pg2_williamson_275.jpg[/img]
    "Troy! The baby! Oh my god!"
    Maybe we should just get Troy a couple of baby mamas!

BTW, I HATE Bill Simmons...that F'n Bahston homer...I can't wait until ALL of the Bahston teams SUCK again!!!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I guarantee you on the first drive of the Packers game, Childress scripted his plays to feature Troy.
    When a receiver's confidence is down, the best thing a coach can do is go right back at that player .
    If Troy does not respond in the Packers game, i'm afraid its the beginning of the end for Troy in MN.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    Came across this little blurb from a Bill Simmons article. Funny stuff:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061110

My daughter is 18 months old and I haven't come close to dropping her yet, or even nearly dropping her, even though I've been holding her and tripped over phone cords and dog tails and everything else you can imagine. I mean, I would never drop her. The parental instinct gives you super-powers -- it's hard to explain unless you're a parent, but somebody could shoot my kid out of one of those T-shirt cannons that they use for NBA games and I would catch her 100 times out of 100 even if you had me hogtied and wearing high heels.

Anyway, I was thinking about this because every time I watch a big Vikes game, Troy Williamson drops at least one huge pass. So why couldn't they hypnotize him to have the same instincts for a football that parents have for their children? Couldn't this work? I feel like this would definitely work. And honestly? I haven't been this excited about an idea since I was pushing for the networks to hire lip readers a few years ago. Have sports teams ever explored hypnosis before? I would also want the Celtics to hypnotize Tony Allen into realizing that he shouldn't dribble or shoot under any circumstances, not even in pregame warmups.
    [img width=275 height=200]http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/1110/pg2_williamson_275.jpg[/img]
    "Troy! The baby! Oh my god!"
    Maybe we should just get Troy a couple of baby mamas!

BTW, I HATE Bill Simmons...that F'n Bahston homer...I can't wait until ALL of the Bahston teams SUCK again!!!
    ;D
    Yeah, he wouldn't know his brain from his jiggly butt when it comes to actually saying something of substance regarding football, but his articles generally are pretty entertaining.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819