Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Troy must step up!

Twill should have caught both of those balls. BJ dropped it right into his hands, he didnt even have to change speeds. Good news is, doesnt look like Twill is afraid of the hits, just doesnt have all the skills yet to catch those. Wiggy, McMuffin and Taylor all looked good.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

This is the first game Troy has been asked to be the man.
    This is more work in one game then he has seen his entire career (including college).
    I think the Vikings staff would have been surprised if he had caught every ball.
    BJ kept throwing it to him because he was open, he has faith (maybe) and they want to know if they can count on him to be the #1.
    There had to be major butterflies with Troy, he is raw as I believe Benet mentioned, but I think he made some decent progress.

Also, that long perfect pass from Brad over his shoulder should have been caught, it showed his rawness in catching skills.
    This is a hard catch for any high school kid, but should be fairly routine for a top college or NFL receiver.
    I'll chalk it up to nerves and lack of experience and hope it becomes more routine for him, as I believe he will have many more chances to make those catches.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

#1 or #2 who cares, they both will play at that depth.

Wherever you are on the depth chart, good teams have guys that can step up and produce when called upon. If T-Will gets called upon he needs to produce. He did a few times yes, but with more consistancy he will make himself a houshold name in the NFL.

Home Sweet Dome...

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

the dropped balls were crazy bad.
    but he showed a lot promise and toughness...
    i liked it when he shoved his defender off him and pushed foreward for another 5 yards...
    but he did have an easy in the cradle TD catch he missed.
    we really need another WR.
    it is a good thing Brad Johnson is so good at spreading around the ball cause we would be hurting otherwise.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

He had more yards than any Redskins receiver. Let's be slightly easy on him this time around. When I saw that over the shoulder catch go right through, I was furious. But he did make some clutch first down catches. overall, c+/B- performace, it's his second year still, give the kid some faith.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

T-Will was brought to the rookie camp before training camp to work on just what happened last night, maybe being on Monday night football made him nerves enough that he reverted back to not following the ball into his hands.

He even said in a post game interview that he looked off those balls and that is why he missed them!
    Hopefully this is something he can over come because Brad was throwing balls to him that could be game changers, and he was getting open enough that we will need him to live up to his potential and open up the game and make defenses respect our passing game and not put 8 in the box.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

sure he dropped 2 passes that we needed him to make but i loved his first catch and he was the one that got the pivotal first down snatch on our last drive that also got a face mask penalty.
    from one game i say he has improved from last season and that is what matters.
    i have faith he wont make drops like that again.

WR is the most difficult position to get down in the NFL.
    I think Williamson will be a very solid number one.
    Though he was dropping passes, He was getting VERY OPEN, that is huge.
    We can solve poverty today.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He made some clutch catches as well as some bad drops.
    The verdict is still out on him IMHO.
    This was his first game as the #1 reciever, and it was a MNF game in a hostile stadium.
    Let's see what he does against Carolina.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"tastywaves" wrote:
    This is the first game Troy has been asked to be the man.
    This is more work in one game then he has seen his entire career (including college).
    I think the Vikings staff would have been surprised if he had caught every ball.
    BJ kept throwing it to him because he was open, he has faith (maybe) and they want to know if they can count on him to be the #1.
    There had to be major butterflies with Troy, he is raw as I believe Benet mentioned, but I think he made some decent progress.

Also, that long perfect pass from Brad over his shoulder should have been caught, it showed his rawness in catching skills.
    This is a hard catch for any high school kid, but should be fairly routine for a top college or NFL receiver.
    I'll chalk it up to nerves and lack of experience and hope it becomes more routine for him, as I believe he will have many more chances to make those catches.
    You have a point about Williamson being aksed to be 'the man' for the first time this game, but I still think he should have caught the first two balls he dropped.
    Both of those went right through his arms and should have been catchable by any WR, and those were big catches he dropped.

Hopefully Williamson and the coaching staff work on his catching this week.
    I think he'll end up being the solid #1 WR our offense needs, but it'll take a couple weeks for him to get used to the role.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast