Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Troy must step up!

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "SMurKy28" wrote:
    I think we need to cut him some slack, He really only dropped 2 balls and he showed he could get open against a great D. I am pleasantly surprised that he is starting to show why he was the seventh pic and it's nice of Childress to let him suit up, unlike last year ...(Who makes the 7 pic inactive and in street clothes for like 6 games last year, Oh yeah Tice)

I agree though he needs to start catching those and I have faith that he will.

GO VIKES

SMUKRY
    Well yeah...you're right, he showed he could get open, but if he can't catch the ball wide open it really defeats the purpose. I think he needs glasses, maybe a pair of those glasses that some Basketball players wear.

Maybe a pair of those and some stickum, yeah he needs to step up and pull it together.
    He made more game changing catches then he did drops. Unfortunate drops, but it can be forgiven since he managed to consistantly beat the Skins D and make some big time catches.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

It really doesn't matter if you are a #1, or #2 WR.. Either way, they are going to get covered as a playmaker.. Travis Taylor has very good hands, and doesn't drop many passes.. Those two would be a great compliment to each other.. To answer your question though.. Yes, T-Will needs to step up and show everybody why he was a #7 pick in the first rd..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "SMurKy28" wrote:
    I think we need to cut him some slack, He really only dropped 2 balls and he showed he could get open against a great D. I am pleasantly surprised that he is starting to show why he was the seventh pic and it's nice of Childress to let him suit up, unlike last year ...(Who makes the 7 pic inactive and in street clothes for like 6 games last year, Oh yeah Tice)

I agree though he needs to start catching those and I have faith that he will.

GO VIKES

SMUKRY
    Well yeah...you're right, he showed he could get open, but if he can't catch the ball wide open it really defeats the purpose. I think he needs glasses, maybe a pair of those glasses that some Basketball players wear.

Maybe a pair of those and some stickum, yeah he needs to step up and pull it together.
    He made more game changing catches then he did drops. Unfortunate drops, but it can be forgiven since he managed to consistantly beat the Skins D and make some big time catches.

I thought the fact that he was continuously open in their secondary was much more significant than the fact that he dropped the balls. The coaches will work with him to keep him from dropping balls. He was nervous tonight.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"ranasrule" wrote:
    I look at it this way....the things he did bad like dropping a few passes can be worked on....and the positive things i saw like the separation he got consistently are things that cant be taught and show how big a gamebreaker he will be for us in the very very near future
    Exactly.

Williamson had some big drops yesterday, but the important thing is he was able to get open consistently.

I think that's the most important thing, his concentration will get better as the season goes along, and he won't be dropping that many easy catches.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

That one deep pass was such a perfect throw, it probably suprised even Troy, but no NFL reciever should drop a pass as nice as that one was.

One of the three, the one he had to come back a bit for and was on his knees, that was a pass that would have been dropped by many others also, not an easy pass to catch.

Overall, I think he played a nice game, ran good routs, and good separation, also came up with some very nice catches and some good yards after the catch...

He came thru when it counted the most.. ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Hand eye coordination, imo. Keep the eyes on the ball, get ready to be hit.
    Practice, practice, practice.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

The one where he missed it right thru his hands on the long ball is the reason my 2 year old learned a new word last night and my wife is not happy about that
    I.B.O.T. #213

faninphx is offline Starter

Yes, but look on the bright side.
    Defenses are now going to have to take our receivers seriously.
    We were only one or two catches away from breaking the game wide open.
    I hope the pundits will realize that our receivers aren't as mediocre as they think.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

He gets a C/B-. He had some nice catches and that one in the end for the 1st down was great but he totatlly wiffed on those two passes

Prophet Guest

That long ball that Willamson dropped was a perfect pass, beautiful pass.
    I'm not worried though, Williamson will come around.
    I cussed at him a few times last night, but the team came through.
    T.Taylor and McMuffin made clutch catches too.
    The team still has a long way to go to be solid, but it is much further along than I anticipated.
    Should be a fun season.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast